He's going to be doing the column 1 day a week (the day after a game) and will be doing the pre-game stuff with Tauscher. He's 65-66 range. He said he knew it was it last season and made this arrangement with the club. He talked about his drive from Green Bay to Edisto Beach, SC where he makes his off-season (and now permanent) home, two days after the AZ game. He also said he hasn't worn shoes since he got home. I live one state up, but am not on the coast.

If you get to 65-66 range and have a health scare that requires an ambulance or helicopter ride, I'm sure you look at each day with a new perspective, and get religion about continuing to keep the same work schedule. I don't have a ton of appreciation for his schedule, or all the demands on his time. It seems like a dream job to cover a pro football team, interact with players and fans and write what you observe. Your biggest job is to be interesting and in the case of the fans, approachable. Hopefully his reduced participation will be enough for him. He seems like a good egg. I appreciate his sense of humor.