View Poll Results: A fit poster is an effective poster. How many pounds do you need to lose?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm perfect just as God created me

1 4.35%
  • 5 pounds

4 17.39%
  • 10 pounds

8 34.78%
  • 30 pounds

7 30.43%
  • more than 30; or none of your Fing business

3 13.04%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Packerrats: Need You to Lose 30 Pounds

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i lost 42 lbs from oct to may...188 to 146 (went low carb). you can count on me to still suck as a poster!
    Holy shit, good work.

Just curious how tall are you?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    i lost 42 lbs from oct to may...188 to 146 (went low carb). you can count on me to still suck as a poster!
    I noticed you don't get winded as much at the end of your posts as you used to.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Need to lose way more than I'd like to. Stupid desk job.
    "Aw, I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?" - Homer Simpson

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get." - Homer Simpson

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theeaterofshades View Post
    Need to lose way more than I'd like to. Stupid desk job.
    That shit is a killer isn't it? Reading about how it shaves at least 10 years off your life. Guess it proves the saying about a body in motion stays in motion.

New slogan: PackerRats - Come by for the banter, stay for the early death!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    True, bile levels emitting from his posts are minimal.

So is anyone here as much of a slug as Harlan?

Slug? I'm 6'3", 280 pounds - a tweener. Well, midway tween a fat boy and my former athletic self. I feel pretty. I've seen your pic, you look like George Lopez in a fun-house mirror. A freakishly large head and probably a belly to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Holy shit, good work.

Just curious how tall are you?
    thanks! 5'8"

side benefit of going low carb...cholesterol numbers dropped so i'm off the med.
    Last edited by gbgary; 07-28-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    thanks! 5'8"

side benefit of going low carb...cholesterol numbers dropped so i'm off the med.
    Well done!

I am 6'4" with broad shoulders. When I did the Ironman 12 years ago I got down to 203. I looked like a walking commercial for anorexia. I think 225 should be just right.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Slug? I'm 6'3", 280 pounds - a tweener. Well, midway tween a fat boy and my former athletic self. I feel pretty. I've seen your pic, you look like George Lopez in a fun-house mirror. A freakishly large head and probably a belly to match.
    Lying trisket, you ain't seen shit cuz I'm not dark like ole George. Also if a peter peeper like you had you would have glanced up from my "large head" and seen what my belly looked like. Sick mofo!

Chale Brown is fucking funny though.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I just got to 30 lbs in weight loss this morning. Went from 269 - 239. 15 more to get to 225.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I just got to 30 lbs in weight loss this morning. Went from 269 - 239. 15 more to get to 225.
    way to go. slow and steady. be prepared to spend a fortune replacing all your clothes. lol

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I got a standing desk at work last year and have lost 15 pounds that I attribute to just the new desk. One of the best health improvements a software engineer can make IMO.

I'm generally unwilling to make the gym a part of my lifestyle; something about paying to do fake work that I just can't reconcile. I try to smuggle exercise into my life though more productive means. I close on a duplex built in 1922 today so I hope to sink some calories into that.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I got a standing desk at work last year and have lost 15 pounds that I attribute to just the new desk. One of the best health improvements a software engineer can make IMO.

I'm generally unwilling to make the gym a part of my lifestyle; something about paying to do fake work that I just can't reconcile. I try to smuggle exercise into my life though more productive means. I close on a duplex built in 1922 today so I hope to sink some calories into that.
    wow. whodathunkit.
    me too. i just do a push ups and dumbbells at home.
    gratz. fix 'er upper will do that to ya.

I'm generally unwilling to make the gym a part of my lifestyle; something about paying to do fake work that I just can't reconcile. I try to smuggle exercise into my life though more productive means.
    That is what I have always tried to do. For example, I rarely ever take an elevator. Most of the buildings I frequent are no more than 4 or 5 floors, so I always take the stairs. Unless it is raining, I usually park a fair distance away from where I am going, in part for the exercise and in part to be where there are fewer cars. Last night I parked on a side street three blocks from a restaurant we ate at, just to avoid their congested lot and the busy street in front in addition to a brief walk before and after I ate. I have a decent size yard, just under an acre. I have a riding lawnmower but haven't used it in years. I still use a variable pace walk behind mower, and recently bought a new one. My neighbors all have riding mowers, and probably think I am either crazy or cheap. Funny thing is, their yards are the same as mine or even a bit smaller, but it takes me no longer to do mine than they to do theirs, including mowing small areas with a big rider, then trimming afterwards. It takes me no longer, and I get the exercise they do not. I rake by hand, till gardens with a shovel, trim lots of bushes with a hand shear, not electric and I shovel snow in some places I could use my snowblower, etc.

Lots of ways to sneak exercise into your daily activities.

...and, oh ja, I am at a standing desk right now. I have two, a sit down desk and a standing desk; PC at one, laptop at the other. I bounce back and forth between the two, depending on what I am working on. I have had my standing desk since 1999, after I got the idea from a guy I worked with briefly.

NEAT:

Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis. Essentially getting off of ones ass, standing desk, push mower, walking, not sitting in chairs, you get the idea.

Jumbo Rat HOFer

I use to be a PGA golf professional. Spent all of my time on my feet. Teaching, playing, helping members in the pro shop. I never was above 215 at that job. Got a desk job and weight ballooned.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    way to go. slow and steady. be prepared to spend a fortune replacing all your clothes. lol
    Dress shirts still fit. Pants have to have a belt now and belts are at tightest hole. Looking to find a tailor to bring all of my pants in at the waist.

-Tim Harmston