View Poll Results: A fit poster is an effective poster. How many pounds do you need to lose?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm perfect just as God created me

1 4.35%
  • 5 pounds

4 17.39%
  • 10 pounds

8 34.78%
  • 30 pounds

7 30.43%
  • more than 30; or none of your Fing business

3 13.04%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Packerrats: Need You to Lose 30 Pounds

Packerrats: Need You to Lose 30 Pounds

Constant focus on Lacy's weight has got me thinking about where the poster conditioning level stands. Stand and deliver!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time and time again ole HH proves he is full of shit, in several ways. Poll question is more backwards than Harlan trying to date a female. It should ask how many pounds does a poster need to GAIN!! Being fit means staying away from the keyboard and Cheetos. Totally counterproductive!! Even though he takes offseason breaks when he goes to Thailand every year I knew HH was a poster for life. This dawned on me when I invited him to go see a game and he informed me he would need two bleacher seats. That's how you measure dedication mofos.

Ahh, my fat ass is behind me. I was 350 in those double bleacher seat days. I'm down to a very fuckable - without paying for it - 280 today. All I eat lately is rabbit food; will have a panther-like physique when you meet me someday.

Blog Entries
    Silly white rabbit, you know how this world works...

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Trying to lose 40 pounds. Already down 13. Want to be 225 by Christmas. Running a marathon in January down South. It will be tough at 225 near impossible at 265.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I could lose 20-30

You dangle a few million dollars in front of me and I'll lose that this week

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Trying to lose 40 pounds. Already down 13. Want to be 225 by Christmas. Running a marathon in January down South. It will be tough at 225 near impossible at 265.
    Yeah running is mfer on the knees. But it seems to work great for weight and cardio purposes.

I'm in the military. They make me run all the time. I'm fit, but not rocking a six pack. If I cut another 10, I'll be looking damn athletic. :V

As the chollo said. This is a phu kked up poll.

I'm a hard gainer. The most I ever weighed was 160 lifting weights exclusively with no aerobic or other conditioning work. I felt like a fat slug.

I'm a lean mean 152 which is my natural fighting weight but I'd like to have 3-5 pounds more muscle on board.

I prefer to think of myself as too short, not overweight.
    If I were taller. my weight would be fine, so I am focusing on getting taller!

I could stand to lose a few myself. It gets harder as I get older and men can lose weight easier (for some reason) than women can.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I'm a lean mean
    pencil-necked geek

I'm 5'11" 195 pounds, exactly what I was when I graduated from high school 41 years ago. I've been 30 pounds higher and 30 lower. This feels comfortable. I eat what I like and exercise for the pure enjoyment of it, not because of what some know-nothings think is healthy. ENJOYMENT of life is the healthiest thing.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm 5'11" 195 pounds, exactly what I was when I graduated from high school 41 years ago. I've been 30 pounds higher and 30 lower. This feels comfortable. I eat what I like and exercise for the pure enjoyment of it, not because of what some know-nothings think is healthy. ENJOYMENT of life is the healthiest thing.
    Thats exactly where I'd like to be. I was there last year for a bit, but. Not now

Brewmeister Rat Starter Travbrew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Time and time again ole HH proves he is full of shit, in several ways. Poll question is more backwards than Harlan trying to date a female. It should ask how many pounds does a poster need to GAIN!! Being fit means staying away from the keyboard and Cheetos. Totally counterproductive!! Even though he takes offseason breaks when he goes to Thailand every year I knew HH was a poster for life. This dawned on me when I invited him to go see a game and he informed me he would need two bleacher seats. That's how you measure dedication mofos.
    Word...I need to gain back the 10 I lost after shoulder surgery in May...haven't been able to lift since and look too skinny at 6' 195.
    Semper Fi
    "Hhhmmm, beer..my only vice."

Blog Entries
    George and Trav, since you two want to put on some weight try eating this shit. I learned how to make it when I was at a getaway as a youth.

In a bowl:
    1. Put about 2 -3 cups of water to boil.
    2. Crush up a Marachun or Top Ramen noodle pack, pour in a bowl and add the flavor pack. I use beef or chili flavor.
    3. Cut up about 1/4 or 1/3 of a beef or pepperoni stick (I avoid slimjim type, prefer jack links or tillamook brand) into small pieces. Kitchen scissors work but I just bite the pieces with my front teeth and spit em in the bowl.
    4. Add about a spoonful of cheezwhiz or a pasteurized cheese slice. Real cheese won't dissolve as easily but you can use it.
    5. Cover the top with a layer of corn tortilla chips and crush them down into small pieces. I prefer plain, white corn ones. Doritos can be used but they don't breakdown as much.
    6. The water should be boiling so fill the bowl past the level of the chips. Let it stand a minute and stir it all up, turning over the mix so the chips and cheese get all blended. You can also add some hot sauce (Tapatio or a habanero one work well) to give it some kick. Give it another minute and enjoy.

You can also substitute the beef stick with cooked chicken chunks. Or you can sub the beef with a can of tuna and the cheese with a spoon of mayonnaise.

Let me know if you try this shit and what you think. Been a favorite of mine since way back and everyone I have made it for is always pleasantly surprised.

3. Cut up about 1/4 or 1/3 of a beef or pepperoni stick (I avoid slimjim type, prefer jack links or tillamook brand) into small pieces. Kitchen scissors work but I just bite the pieces with my front teeth and spit em in the bowl.
    Its settled, you need to have your own cooking TV show. This is ratings gold. "The Dusky Gourmet." "Cooking Chicano". Title needs work, but the main thing is to get you and this act on camera.

You can also add some hot sauce (Tapatio or a habanero one work well) to give it some kick. Give it another minute and enjoy.
    Say it's not so. I am a true connosewer of hot sauces, and have tried about every mexican sauce. Walmart sells Tapatio in giant bottles for like $3, so I ordered a couple. Awful stuff, I poured most of it down the drain. A MUCH tastier hot sauce sold ridiculously cheap by walmart is Valentina (extra hot version of course.) Speaking of habanero, I am completely addicted to El Yucateco XXXtra Hot, also sold cheap in small single bottles by Walmart.

I have tried well over a hundred different hot sauces purchased online from hot sauce stores. Some of the fancy ones are good; but honestly a few of the cheapos ordered from Walmart are just as satisfying.

Oh ya, I can't eat real chorizo anymore because of my health. But I've discovered a fake, veggie chorizo that is staple for me:

Ya don't get the same organsmic rush that real chorizo delivers, but that stuff is damn tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    pencil-necked geek
    You say that like its a BAD thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Travbrew View Post
    Word...I need to gain back the 10 I lost after shoulder surgery in May...haven't been able to lift since and look too skinny at 6' 195.
    What u do to your shoulder?

I just bite the pieces with my front teeth and spit em in the bowl.
    .... and everyone I have made it for is always pleasantly surprised.
    Pleasantly surprised ?????