View Poll Results: A fit poster is an effective poster. How many pounds do you need to lose?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm perfect just as God created me

1 4.35%
  • 5 pounds

4 17.39%
  • 10 pounds

8 34.78%
  • 30 pounds

7 30.43%
  • more than 30; or none of your Fing business

3 13.04%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Packerrats: Need You to Lose 30 Pounds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ...and, oh ja, I am at a standing desk right now. I have two, a sit down desk and a standing desk; PC at one, laptop at the other. I bounce back and forth between the two, depending on what I am working on. I have had my standing desk since 1999, after I got the idea from a guy I worked with briefly.

NEAT:

Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis. Essentially getting off of ones ass, standing desk, push mower, walking, not sitting in chairs, you get the idea.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I got a standing desk at work last year and have lost 15 pounds that I attribute to just the new desk. One of the best health improvements a software engineer can make IMO.

I'm generally unwilling to make the gym a part of my lifestyle; something about paying to do fake work that I just can't reconcile. I try to smuggle exercise into my life though more productive means. I close on a duplex built in 1922 today so I hope to sink some calories into that.
    I use to be a PGA golf professional. Spent all of my time on my feet. Teaching, playing, helping members in the pro shop. I never was above 215 at that job. Got a desk job and weight ballooned.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Please tell me you've locked Partial out of this thread.

I could lose 30, I think. I don't know what an ideal weight is anymore. I'm like 205, but I'm sure I would be healthier at 180 or so. But I refuse to stop eating and drinking, and smoking doesn't help, so.... I will remain covered in a protective layer until I have a health scare or something. Or maybe I'll take P90x out of the box it came in a year or two ago. Just started hitting that point where I can't deny I'm slower and less responsive to things like getting up after falling down. Might try to fight that.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Just ran a marathon and weighed myself after the race. I got down to 229. That is 40 pounds lost. Of course 3 pounds of that is probably water loss.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

running a marathon at 229 is pretty damn impressive, no matter who you are

running a marathin is pretty damn impressive, doing it at 229 is insane

nice job

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

nice job
    Thanks, when I started running in June I couldn't go 200 yards without needing a 1 minute walk. I use to run 50 strides and then walk 50. Couldn't even run 3 miles in 45 minutes. Now I can almost run 4.5 miles in 45 minutes. Was running 11 minute miles for the first 14 miles today.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

nice job
    THIS!!

did you mention how old you are?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    THIS!!

did you mention how old you are?
    Upper 40s.

I have always been a Packer fan but remember Devine as head coach and the excitement that Bart Starr was coming back to lead the team to glory in the 70s.

-Tim Harmston