View Poll Results: A fit poster is an effective poster. How many pounds do you need to lose?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm perfect just as God created me

1 4.35%
  • 5 pounds

4 17.39%
  • 10 pounds

8 34.78%
  • 30 pounds

7 30.43%
  • more than 30; or none of your Fing business

3 13.04%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Packerrats: Need You to Lose 30 Pounds

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Looking to find a tailor to bring all of my pants in at the waist.
    Friends don't let friends throw-away or alter their fat clothes. Put them in a trunk in the attic. Of course you'll never need them again. Of course. New skinny clothes are cheap at TJ Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Friends don't let friends throw-away or alter their fat clothes. Put them in a trunk in the attic. Of course you'll never need them again. Of course. New skinny clothes are cheap at TJ Max.
    or...give them to charity.

Sometimes loosing weight is not as simple as diet and exercise . A medical condition can sometimes prevent the exercise part of the equation. A heart, lung, or other condition may be standing in the way of getting the exercise needed . Often the medical condition may need to be stabilized before an exercise program can begin.
    Weight can be more than the excess pounds, it can involve a lifetime of bad feelings and even thoughts of suicide. It is all to easy to make jokes, but when you are the target of those jokes the pain is very real even if they don't show it .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Please tell me you've locked Partial out of this thread.

I could lose 30, I think. I don't know what an ideal weight is anymore. I'm like 205, but I'm sure I would be healthier at 180 or so. But I refuse to stop eating and drinking, and smoking doesn't help, so.... I will remain covered in a protective layer until I have a health scare or something. Or maybe I'll take P90x out of the box it came in a year or two ago. Just started hitting that point where I can't deny I'm slower and less responsive to things like getting up after falling down. Might try to fight that.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    or...give them to charity.
    No, no. I guess subtlety is always risky. We just know that ThunderDan is going to gain weight again, so he should keep his stock of fat clothes.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Just ran a marathon and weighed myself after the race. I got down to 229. That is 40 pounds lost. Of course 3 pounds of that is probably water loss.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

running a marathon at 229 is pretty damn impressive, no matter who you are

running a marathin is pretty damn impressive, doing it at 229 is insane

nice job

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

nice job
    Thanks, when I started running in June I couldn't go 200 yards without needing a 1 minute walk. I use to run 50 strides and then walk 50. Couldn't even run 3 miles in 45 minutes. Now I can almost run 4.5 miles in 45 minutes. Was running 11 minute miles for the first 14 miles today.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

nice job
    THIS!!

did you mention how old you are?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    THIS!!

did you mention how old you are?
    Upper 40s.

I have always been a Packer fan but remember Devine as head coach and the excitement that Bart Starr was coming back to lead the team to glory in the 70s.

-Tim Harmston