Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilby View Post
    Wow
    Are you saying Janis could be like Dez Bryant with the right coaching staff?
    Are you telling me that Dez Bryant is a dumbass? How do you know this? And I mean football smarts, not street smarts.

Jeff Janis has a wonderlic score of 30, he is not a dumbass.

The problem is, he has a big problem figuring out this system and where he needs to be, nobody else seems to have a problem. You can blame the coaching staff all you want, but don't you think they are doing everything possible for Janis to help him out. At what point is it the players fault?

Jeff was a late 7th round pick in 2014. I have absolutely no idea what you've seen from him besides the hail mary catch to think he's a pro bowl receiver.
    But God love your optimism.
    Yup, his post totally is nuts. To think that the Packers who invested a 7th round pick, hundreds of thousands of dollars and two years and a preseason would not invest the time to bring Janis around is crazy.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Firstly, Jeff Janis will make this years roster. His ST contributions will get him a spot, if nothing else.

He went to a small town high school. Then he went to a division II school.

In two seasons with GB he's had 2 catches in '14.
    Last season, he had two grabs in the regular season.
    Then, he blows up in the play-off game and comes up huge.

He's a good kid, physically talented with solid NFL speed.

He's just now catching up with the game. Because he was behind the mark mentally, he was very slow to be incorporated into the offense. You've got to be sharp and get the others (espec. the QB) to trust you. He's right at that point now. In a way, '16 is like his 3rd rookie year. I think he will make a move this year. Hell, 20 catches would be a 400% improvement on his regular season production.

A sure fire All-Pro? Take another slug of Kool-Aid, Tex.