Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

I fear this has slowly become a desperate situation. I can't think of another reason why there is such uncertainty.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 59m59 minutes ago
    And here's the latest from @ByRyanWood: Montgomery has no target date for return http://pck.rs/2angnV9 via @PGpackersnews
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Last year, Eddie Lacey functioned in that role.
    Doh!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Ryan Wood ✔ @ByRyanWood
    #Packers CB Quinten Rollins practicing in camp after missing most of offseason. He says dislocated thumb is 100%.
    8:55 AM - 27 Jul 2016
    Ryan Wood ✔ @ByRyanWood
    #Packers rookie WR Trevor Davis with another leaping catch. Looking to build off fine first practice.
    9:16 AM - 27 Jul 2016
    Tom Silverstein ✔ @TomSilverstein
    Defense starts in nickel and Randall is the slot guy.
    9:28 AM - 27 Jul 2016
    Sam Shields picks off Rodgers deep after Janis misplays it by trying to get underneath Shields.
    9:30 AM - 27 Jul 2016
    More pre snap penalties. Hundley's hard count fools his own OL. Sprggs, Taylor jump.
    9:33 AM - 27 Jul 2016
    Ryan Wood ✔ @ByRyanWood
    Huffing and puffing after chasing Randall Cobb in open field, #Packers DL Mike Daniels comes to sideline ... and lays down for a nap.
    9:40 AM - 27 Jul 2016
    Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Davante Adams caught a bomb from Aaron Rodgers but Adams appeared to push off, sending Damarious Randall and Quinten Rollins to the ground. After no call by refs, coach Joe Whitt told the two corners to just "take him down."
    7h

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Davante Adams caught a bomb from Aaron Rodgers but Adams appeared to push off, sending Damarious Randall and Quinten Rollins to the ground. After no call by refs, coach Joe Whitt told the two corners to just "take him down."
    7h
    yikes! and if he gets hurt? stupid!

It's Adams, I don't think it's a huge concern.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I fear this has slowly become a desperate situation. I can't think of another reason why there is such uncertainty.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 59m59 minutes ago
    And here's the latest from @ByRyanWood: Montgomery has no target date for return http://pck.rs/2angnV9 via @PGpackersnews
    Brutal. So hoping he can go.
    C.H.U.D.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    It's Adams, I don't think it's a huge concern.
    No concern but his sophomore slump had so many here crying to trade him and run his ass out of town. Sure it's ain't a concern.

If Adams has learned how to push off without being flagged, he might be in for a good year.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Every time I check the Packernews I hold my breath hoping there are no new injuries.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    If Adams has learned how to push off without being flagged, he might be in for a good year.
    If he paid attention to James Jones last year, he learned from one of the best at it in the league right now! Can't believe that guy is an FA and not even getting a look at a 90 man roster, he had 8TD and 900 yards last year.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Rollins rips the ball out of Davante Adams' arms after a slant. More fumble than incomplete.
    10:05 AM - 28 Jul 2016
    Crosby stays perfect on FGs. Hits 6 of 6: from 33, 36, 40, 43, 45, 48 with strong wind at his back. Four w/ Masthay holding, 2 with Mortell.
    10:02 AM - 28 Jul 2016
    Ryan Wood ✔ @ByRyanWood
    #Packers WR Geronimo Allison makes nice adjustment to QB Marquise Williams' pass midair, changing direction to beat CB Quinten Rollins deep.
    9:49 AM - 28 Jul 2016
    Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
    Hundley's hard count is really getting good. He just fooled Matthews and Daniels, who both jumped offsides. #Packers
    9:40 AM - 28 Jul 2016
    Ryan Wood ✔ @ByRyanWood
    Aaron Rodgers still has it. He drops beauty of a throw over #Packers OLB Kyler Fackrell, to TE Justin Perillo for over shoulder catch.
    9:38 AM - 28 Jul 2016
    Lacy drops an easy ball in the flat on Rodgers scramble. Lots of ball handling problems today. Field isn't that wet.
    Dean Lowry quietly showing some ability. Just blew up a running play by beating center Jacob Flores across his face.
    9:33 AM - 28 Jul 2016

From Packers.com: http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz4FjY2IvaC

In conjunction with limiting 15-year veteran Julius Peppers’ workload, Perry has been taking the bulk of the snaps with the No. 1 defense as the bookend pass rusher opposite Clay Matthews.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz4Fk0iVb1m
    Contract Drive 2!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Corey Linsley has a Packer hamstring injury. He is expected to be a full go for camp in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Corey Linsley has a Packer hamstring injury. He is expected to be a full go for camp in 2017.
    ha!

Nick Perry is the starter on defense. Julius Peppers is the pass rushing relief. I like it, if Perry can hold up.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...388614181.html

Try as they might to avoid placing so much pressure on one guy, that proportionality was established in March when the Packers rewarded Perry with a $5 million contract largely on the basis of playing two of the best games of his career in the playoffs. The Packers chose to re-sign Perry over veteran Mike Neal fully believing he could give them the best of two worlds.
    Also, don't forget Datone Jones is outside now as well.
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-29-2016 at 09:10 AM.

TED and the Assistants Today

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1h1 hour ago
    Thompson on #Packers' urgency in 2016: "My opinion is always the same. We're starting a new year & trying to win a championship."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
    Ted Thompson: "When Brett played in Atlanta it wasn't all pretty. But it was pretty when he got to the Green Bay Packers."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
    Thompson talks about "crazy" Brett early in Favre's career - means that in a "loving way." Recalls Favre-to-Taylor to beat Cincy.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
    Ted Thompson on Brett Favre trade: "It turned out pretty good. It was probably one of the best trades....of all time." #Packers

Thompson says "we're hoping to" get to Favre's HOF ceremony. "We think we will ... by hook or by crook."

Thompson on getting back to Super Bowl: Recalls Houston's Bum Phillips famous "we're going to kick that son of a bitch in" speech.

"this is a tough deal," TT says. "This year is a brand new year and I think our team is ready to take on the challenge."

Thompson says it takes luck to win Super Bowl. Like making a 50-footer to win US Open. Got to be good to be in mix; lucky to win.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1h1 hour ago
    Thompson: Last year was good in some ways & disappointing in some ways. This year's team's ready to take on the challenge. I like our group.
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-29-2016 at 11:40 AM.

EDGAR

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 50m50 minutes ago
    Edgar Bennett on WR Trevor Davis: Our scouting dept did a great job. This is the start and there’s a long way to go still.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 50m50 minutes ago
    Bennett on Cobb: We want all our guys to be consistent. That’s the goal. Main thing is being fundamentally sound. That’s what we’re working

AND NOT LACERATING YOUR LUNG WITH A MIC PACK

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 49m49 minutes ago
    Bennett on Jared Cook: See his abilities on tape. Right now,stay in the classroom and then carry it over when he gets back on the field.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 49m49 minutes ago
    #Packers OC Edgar Bennett on TE Jared Cook: He's doing an outstanding job in the classroom. Doing everything he can to get back on the field

Bennett on R. Rodgers: He’s ready to go. He’s honing his craft, becoming a better route runner.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 49m49 minutes ago
    #Packers OC Edgar Bennett on Jordy Nelson: "I see him putting everything he has into it. That's how he goes about his business."

Bennett on Jordy Nelson: I see him putting everything in rehab. He’s a true pro. He’s going to do everything he can to get back (100%).

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 48m48 minutes ago
    Bennett on WR fundamentals: We have to apply it. One thing to talk about it and explain it and demand it. We want to create habits.

WE WILL GET TO SMART ROUTE CONCEPT CONSTRUCTION LATER

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 51m51 minutes ago
    "We must improve our fundamentals," Bennett says, emphasizing each of those words.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 50m50 minutes ago
    Bennett on Lacy: "He's been outstanding. Love the way he's working. He's doing the little things. YOu see him finishing his runs."

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 49m49 minutes ago
    #Packers OC Edgar Bennett on Eddie Lacy: He's been outstanding. Love the way he's working/finishing runs. We're excited about where Eddie is
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-29-2016 at 11:41 AM.

ZOOK

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 48m48 minutes ago
    Zook on taking next step: Got to continue to improve. not making many changes. Mostly technique instead of scheme.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 48m48 minutes ago
    #Packers special teams units improved significantly last year, and coordinator Ron Zook said there won't be many scheme changes in 2016.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 48m48 minutes ago
    Zook on punter battle: Not sure how they'll handle the games. Need to see Mortell "punt in front of people." Fam Night will help.
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-29-2016 at 11:39 AM.

CLEMENTS

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 37m37 minutes ago
    Clements on Hundley: Want him to be a master of the system, but he’s not there yet. Working toward that. He asks Aaron good questions.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 38m38 minutes ago
    Clements on Cook's potential: Experienced. Physical tools. He wanted to be a Packer and play with Rodgers. Doing well before injury.

CAMPEN

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 36m36 minutes ago
    Campen on Taylor: Grown a tremendous amount since being rookie. Outstanding offseason and continued yesterday.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 35m35 minutes ago
    James Campen on JC Tretter: "JC can play, as we all know, every position. He's proven that and he's very valuable from that standpoint."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 35m35 minutes ago
    Campen calls Tretter a "pro's pro." Helps others in classroom, can play all the spots. Great work ethic.

speed of game will be biggest adjustment for Spriggs and Murphy. "Lucky situation" with talented edge rushers on roster.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 42m42 minutes ago
    Campen said Don Barclay has also been playing all five positions. #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 43m43 minutes ago
    "It just takes reps," Campen says of Spriggs going from left to right. Has athleticism to make that transition.
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-29-2016 at 11:39 AM.

VAN PELT

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 37m37 minutes ago
    Van Pelt likes how Joe Callahan has improved, especially his footwork.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 36m36 minutes ago
    Van Pelt on Hundley's cadence: Learning from the best with Rodgers. "Obviously, it's an emphasis here."

Van Pelt: Rodgers sharp in first three practices. He and Janis building relationship.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 35m35 minutes ago
    When asked about Aaron Rodgers bonding with young receivers, QBs coach Alex Van Pelt mentioned a growing relationship with Jeff Janis.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 34m34 minutes ago
    Van Pelt on Rodgers-Janis chemistry: "It's like a marriage. You have to work through it."

GETSY

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 32m32 minutes ago
    Master of tennis balls, bricks and juggling, #Packers WR coach Luke Getsy: "I don't think you can be more creative than we've been so far."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 33m33 minutes ago
    Getsy on the young WRs getting more reps due to injuries: "There's nothing better than experience." Fifth preseason game will hep, too.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 32m32 minutes ago
    WRs coach Luke Getsy on his many odd fundamental drills: "I don't think you can be more creative than we've been. "

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 32m32 minutes ago
    Adams has come back with fire, Getsy says. "He's ready to rock and roll."

BRIAN ANGELICHIO (TE)

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 23m23 minutes ago
    TEs coach Brian Angelichio on slimmer R. Rodgers: "Big thing for Rich is he feels where he's comfortable at." Hopefully help stamina.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 19m19 minutes ago
    TEs coach Brian Angelichio: Kennard Backman is more comfortable. Hopefully, he'll take a big step this training camp

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 19m19 minutes ago
    Angelichio on blocking: about quickness, explosion, snap count and fundamentals. "We have to block and we will block."