Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
    Ryan and Barrington will play a lot vs. Kansas City to sort out who will start at inside linebacker with Martinez.

OK, so the 4th Round rookie is starting and the second job is still up for grabs. Not exactly what I was envisioning earlier this summer.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Michael Cohen@Michael_Cohen13
    Inside linebacker Jake Ryan (hamstring) is taking his first team reps since returning to practice. #Packers

Aaron Rodgers is running scout team. He just connected with Jordy Nelson for a leaping catch down the sideline, right over the CB's head.

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood
    Club on his hand and all, #Packers WR Jeff Janis catches out route from Aaron Rodgers. Leave it to Janis to make the one-handed WR a thing.

Now Rodgers airs it out for Harvey Binford, the fastest player on the field, and Binford makes an impressive catch. Went up and grabbed it.

Tom Silverstein@TomSilverstein
    No. 2 defense has its day. Jermaine Whitehead picks off Rodgers.

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood
    #Packers WR Jeff Janis spending some portion of team drills running routes against air on other end of practice field.

Kentrell Brice breaks up a deep pass from Rodgers to Binford. Then he gets up and dances. Safe to say this UDFA is enjoying camp. #Packers

Tom Silverstein@TomSilverstein
    Practice winding down. Note on Brett Hundley. He only did individual drills. No team. I can't see him playing Thursday night. Too much risk.

So one question is whether Barrington is rusty and will shake it off over time and get his job back, or whether he's just not good enough to start.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 39m39 minutes ago
    Per a source, RB John Crockett could face a lengthy recovery for his shoulder injury. It's unclear if the #Packers will pursue a settlement.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

ZOOK

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 17h17 hours ago
    Ron Zook on Janis with club on: I think he can. Running around out there today, other than the club looked OK to me. Can he make the tackle?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 17h17 hours ago
    Ron Zook says if medical staff clears Janis and McCarthy makes him active, he’ll play Janis on special teams with a club on his hand.

CAPERS

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 16h16 hours ago
    Dom Capers on the DL: We’ll see how this games Thursday night and evaluate our roster. We try to have a lot of flexibility in our packages.

Capers: Going to see some guys play more than they have on Thursday because there are injuries and will get more plays than they’ve gotten.

Capers on K. Clark: I think he’s made progress when in there. I have no reason to think getting him back in there he’ll continue to progress

Capers: ILB Sam Barrington will play quite a bit vs. K.C. Jake Ryan will play if he responds well from practice this week.

BENNETT

Edgar Bennett: Extremely competitive at WR. That is extremely high in that room.

Bennett on Janis with club: He did a nice job making a catch. It’s difficult extending hands, but catching with your body is an option.

Bennett on Burks TD run: His aiming point was good. We had some really good blocks. It was a good read, good reaction. Results were good.

MOSS

Winston Moss on ILB: I think we have young guys who are really coming along. We have options. We’re excited about that position.

Moss on J. Elliott: Got off to a great start. Maybe stats (not great), I believe in him and what he can do. I’m patient.

Moss on Martinez: Yeah, he’s taken a lot of reps, but I wouldn’t read too much into that.

TRGO

Trgovac on Clark learning while out: He’s a bright kid. You’d love to have him out there, but for as young as he’s very bright.

Trgovac on Lowry: Inside is a learning experience. He got all his reps inside (Friday). He’s worked and gotten better at being an inside guy

Trgovac on Pennel: He’s going to be an important part for us. When you get a chance to give him reps we’ve given him some reps.

PERRY

S coach Darren Perry on Kentrell Brice: He’s working hard. It’s good to see him not thinking too much. He’s reacting. That’s what you want

McCURLEY

S. McCurley on ILBs: They’re competing for jobs across the board. We’ve had some health issues, but they’re lining up and competing.

S. Curley on Martinez: We want to see what he can do. We’ve had him in with the 1s, but he’s still competing.

S. McCurley on Bradford: I like what Carl’s done. Appreciate urgency he’s played with. Not as many plays last week but did get to the ball

WHITT

CB coach Joe Whitt on depth: We’re trying to make sure we’re in position that we have a number of guys who can win football games.

Whitt on CBs: Sam and D(amarious) have separated themselves. No one else has. Still looking at fourth and fifth spots.

Whitt on CBs: I’m in the minority that i like the preseason. It’s the bottom half of the roster that helps you win the Super Bowl.

Whitt on Gunter: He’s a pro. A lot like Tramon Williams, he does it the way you ask him to do it. That’s why he gives himself a chance.

Michael Cohen:

Should the shoulder injury prove minor, Davis will make the 53-man roster for two simple reasons: 1) his speed; 2) the general manager’s infatuation with draft picks.
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...avis/89757350/

Gratuitous insult. Backed up, of course, with nothing but a single level look at the roster numbers.

This kid is like Bedard. he does some great in depth reporting. But left to his own commentary, he just seems willfully obtuse.

I think he picked up on the vibe in the office and never second guard it. Same old tired clichés.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.