Quote Originally Posted by dsilby View Post
Before I laugh, what do you mean by "star" player?
I think Janis can be a very good special teams player and who knows, maybe a pro bowl special teams player. I guess that is possible. So if that's what you mean, I can possibly agree.

But no way at all is Janis a pro bowl "Star" WR.
It's bizarre that you're blaming Green Bay for Janis's inability to develop. Janis is the perfect example of a player with a lot of ability and a 10 cent brain. He has decent hands and fast as lightning. But Janis still a few years later has not learned the playbook. He still can't run proper routes and still has no idea where to line up or where to make his breaks. That is not the Packers fault, it's Janis not being able to grasp it. Look at all the other receivers, they seem to get it just fine. Packers WR's not knowing the system is not common practice, it's not been a problem. But for Janis, he just doesn't get it. I wish he did though, that would make the team deeper.
Quote Originally Posted by dsilby View Post
Only problem with the PS is I highly doubt he makes it there without another team picking him up.
Agree on both counts. Janis is in his 3rd year and doesn't seem to be making progress. He needs to understand that Arod doesn't play a lot in preseason games, so he needs to develop a rapport in practice.

Trevor Davis was a 5th round pick, so other teams probably had him on their radar. Doubtful he would make it to PS if released. Right now Geronimo Allison is probably ahead of Janis.