Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

TINY

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    TINY

You almost can't see him from the side.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Lacy's as skinny as the center field foul pole.

Here you can start to get carried away by Trevor Davis' unnatural hands and telepathy with Aaron Rodgers. Courtney of:

From The Benches ‏@FromTheBenches 1h1 hour ago
    Exclusive #FTB video, @AaronRodgers12 to Day 1 MVP @Trevor9Davis with the one handed grab on the sideline.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ross Uglem, same source as above I think, with Abby's catch.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 40m40 minutes ago
    #Packers WR Jordy Nelson said he was placed on PUP for a small "hiccup" with his other leg. The ACL, he promised, is totally fine.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 39m39 minutes ago
    The "hiccup" did not require surgery and Nelson said he's not worried about it. #Packers

OH GOOD. ITS THE OTHER LEG.

Ryan Wood ✔ @ByRyanWood
    #Packers rookie ILB Blake Martinez playing dime linebacker, staying right with WR Davante Adams covering middle of the field.
    9:56 AM - 26 Jul 2016
    Good news or bad news?

#Packers WR Jordy Nelson said he was placed on PUP for a small "hiccup" with his other leg. The ACL, he promised, is totally fine.

The "hiccup" did not require surgery and Nelson said he's not worried about it. #Packers

The beginning of the end.................

It will be interesting to see how much of a difference this makes.
    From the GBPG,...or JSO....or maybe the GBPG/JSO:

If you want to see a Packers player who changed his body significantly this offseason, take a look at tight end Richard Rodgers. He let his conditioning slip last year and played the season in the range of 272 pounds to 275 pounds. He looked like a different player Tuesday, slimmer from head to toe. He said he came in at the team-mandated 258 pounds.

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar

Hoping it's just the team saying screw it, we're not going to lose our best wr to a meaningless pre-season game again this year. I remember how pissed Rodgers was after the injury last year because it happened in a meaningless game.
    If Jordy doesn't look good in camp, there might be something to worry about. Otherwise, I'd lean towards the team saying they're not going to lose him again in a pre-season game that doesn't mean Jack Shit.

DAY 2: Ian Rapoport is in town, so I expect some reality confirming reporting in the next week or so. soft 'n small! Taller and athletic! Thompson and McCarthy no longer on each other's Christmas card list!

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8m8 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Day 1: Offense had 19 big plays. Lots of production. Too many penalties. Productive but not disciplined enough. #PackersCamp

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 8m8 minutes ago
    McCarthy was happy with the number of big plays yesterday (19) but very sour because of the pre-snap penalties (13). Called it "outrageous."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 7m7 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Drove to practice w/ Shields & Burnett yesterday. Talked about how fast it goes, importance of taking advantage of opportunity.

RIDES WITHT THE BOSS ARE ALWAYS AWKWARD

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 7m7 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Trevor Davis: "Really productive, but it's the details, the fundamentals, the little things, the discipline. Build off that."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 6m6 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Datone Jones moving to OLB: "He's earned more opportunities. Needs to be productive with that."

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 6m6 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Datone will build off what he did last year. He's earned the opportunity. Thought very productive in his position.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
    McCarthy: QB Brett Hundley will have more opportunities with five preseason games. We want to see Brett play as much as he can. #PackersCamp

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Jared Cook is everything we thought he would be. Big, strong, athletic TE that attacks the middle of the field. Priority for us.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3m3 minutes ago
    McCarthy: we are conscious of how many snaps Rodgers is getting with extra week of camp. Now snaps at QB normal, but Hundley will see more.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
    Sounds like #Packers TE Jared Cook's stay on PUP will be a short 1. Mike McCarthy spoke of a positive medical report. I'm told precautionary

JSO/GANNETT/GBPG SHOULD JUST HIRE THIS GUY

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13s14 seconds ago
    Appears Robertson Daniel can be added to injury report.
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-27-2016 at 08:39 AM.

The tackling doughnut?

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 12m12 minutes ago
    That's Jake Ryan working on tackling fundamentals with a tackling doughnut

This is what coaches do when they have too much free time.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 6m6 minutes ago
    Creative drill for the RBs with footballs attached to leashes. A partner yanks on the ball from behind. #Packers

The future is now.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3m3 minutes ago
    Spriggs then Bulaga at left tackle.

The tackling

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 12m12 minutes ago
    That's Jake Ryan working on tackling fundamentals with a tackling doughnut

Last year, Eddie Lacey functioned in that role.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

o-line health and the wrs are my worries. cobb will be cobb and do all that he can for a 2-3 type. ALL other wrs are question marks. you can only hope jordy will be as good as he was. someone HAS to emerge as a 1-2 type!! a REAL starter. we can't go through another season where bench warmers are being counted on. otherwise it'll be another wasted year for rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    o-line health and the wrs are my worries. cobb will be cobb and do all that he can for a 2-3 type. ALL other wrs are question marks. you can only hope jordy will be as good as he was. someone HAS to emerge as a 1-2 type!! a REAL starter. we can't go through another season where bench warmers are being counted on. otherwise it'll be another wasted year for rodgers.
    Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 2h2 hours ago
    Davante Adams makes a tremendous leaping catch deep down field on a free play. Jumped over Rollins, who collided with Randall. #Packers

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
    Adams with clear push off on Rollins on free-play deep ball. Adams catches, official holds onto his flag, much to the chagrin of Joe Whitt.

VETERAN MOVE

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
    Justin Perillo with a nice catch in traffic. Good competition brewing for No 3 tight end #PackersCamp

PACKERS DEPTH AT THE 3RD TE SPOT IS UNPARALLELED

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
    Justin Perillo with a nice catch in traffic. Good competition brewing for No 3 tight end #PackersCamp

PACKERS DEPTH AT THE 3RD TE SPOT IS UNPARALLELED
    Unfortunately, right now the #3 TEs are #2 TEs, and that doesn't look so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Unfortunately, right now the #3 TEs are #2 TEs, and that doesn't look so good.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    o-line health and the wrs are my worries. cobb will be cobb and do all that he can for a 2-3 type. ALL other wrs are question marks. you can only hope jordy will be as good as he was. someone HAS to emerge as a 1-2 type!! a REAL starter.
    As always, the glass is half empty. When your star WR is out for the entire preseason, that is not a hiccup, especially when he is coming off of serious injury. When Jordy Nelson is your star receiver, well, he's good, but not elite. I have hope for Abberderis because ... just because. Montgomery could be better than Cobb.

I'd say the WR corp is a bit better than what Favre worked with, but not an especially strong part of the team.