Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Opening Press Conference: News is not good on offense, M3 has gone 3/4 Schottenheimer. I hope he is just blowing PR smoke. Rodgers and Nelson are good enough to make this work, but the offense will not hum like 2011 or 2014 with just an emphasis on fundamentals.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
    McCarthy said the coaches "took a hard look" at the offense after 2015. "We need to be much better offensively in the area of fundamentals."

Doug Farrar ‏@BR_DougFarrar
    Fundamentals worked in 1979. In 2016, vs multiple disguised coverages, man/zone hybrids, you have to scheme WR open.

And the rest chronologically:

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 53m53 minutes ago
    McCarthy: No update on who will/won't practice tomorrow. #PackersCamp

WON'T KNOW UNTIL LATER TODAY AFTER PHYSICALS

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 49m49 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Our veteran group could be one of the best ones we've had. #PackersCamp

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 47m47 minutes ago
    McCarthy on HOF Game: Creates another challenge for your team, which I'm excited about. Excited to see how they respond.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 48m48 minutes ago
    McCarthy said the installation phase won't be completed by the time the #Packers play in the Hall of Fame game.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 46m46 minutes ago
    The extended training camp allows the #Packers to do more with cross training and competitive measures in the classroom and on the field.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 44m44 minutes ago
    McCarthy on the investigation of Matthews and Peppers: "I have no reason to be concerned based on the conversations that I've been part of."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 43m43 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Greg Jennings' retirement: Excellent football player, obviously a Super Bowl champion. Lot of great memories from his time here.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 39m39 minutes ago
    McCarthy on #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: "He's in great shape. I would say this is the best shape I've seen him in."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 35m35 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Rodgers-Nelson: We're all confident, Aaron & Jordy included, that they're going to get (chemistry) back. #PackersCamp

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 57m57 minutes ago
    McCarthy on centers. Will it be a battle? Says Tretter is excellent and is viewed as starter. "No reason" to not consider Linsley a starter.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 54m54 minutes ago
    McCarthy said team will go in pads on Thursday.
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-25-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.