Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

This is early preseason. Nothing means a whole lot until preseason games start and they get deeper into the camp schedule. Early camp phenoms often fade, and many times players come on late in camp to stand out in the last few preseason games.

Nothing about this reflects well on McCarthy or to a lesser extent, Rodgers.

Yes, just about every receiver except Janis was hurt last year. But more and more it seems like the Packer offense is setup up in such a highly tuned way that simple player losses have exaggerated effects. That 2015 offense after Week 5 was as bad as Rodgers first year starting, maybe worse.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...offensive-ills
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Eddie Lacy ✔@Lil_Eazy_Ana_42
    Not much in this room, might as well be productive. #LateNight #BeachbodyPerformance #PackersCamp

I AM AT A LOSS TO EXPLAIN WHY HE LOOKS PUDGY IN HIS UNI

Can we just get this over with and have him dipped in the pool to measure his specific gravity/body fat%?

“Yeah, I saw it,” Tony Horton said proudly. “He doesn’t want to lose what he got. He understands that he’s got to keep doing all those same things that we were doing together. He’s got that little tiny room that he’s in and he’s feeling good and he’s fired up. He’s feeling so good, and I think he just wants to keep that mojo up.”
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood
    Now Allison jumps over three #Packers defenders in back end zone, catching his second TD from Aaron Rodgers. Watch out for him in preseason.

Ladies and gentleman, your new UDFA crush.

No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 56m56 minutes ago
    Montgomery said sitting out end of practice was plan. Feeling good and confident

OK. I AM OFF THE 'CAREER ENDING INJURY' BANDWAGON. NOW DRIVING THE 'HASN'T BEEN THE SAME SINCE' BANDWAGON.

Bobbo on GBPG at JSO: http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...roll/88516764/

High on Jason Spriggs who is 16-3-1 in pass blocking drills (1 on 1). Spent a lot of time at left tackle as well (odd because I keep reading right tackle and I know Bulaga has been given days off). But TJ Lang thinks he can play.

Thumbs down to Trevor Davis:

Rookie WR Trevor Davis, a fifth-round draft choice, has come back down to earth after flashing with several big plays the first two days of camp when the practices were conducted without pads. On Wednesday afternoon, Davis committed the cardinal sin of not getting his face in front of the defender on a quick slant from QB Marquise Williams. Thus, CB Quinten Rollins was able to get inside and make what should have been an interception (he dropped it). It’s a mistake that Davis cannot afford to make, at least in a game. In 77 plays of 11-on-11 work Tuesday night, he didn’t have a catch. On the one ball thrown to Davis, he was covered deep step-for-step by CB Robertson Daniel and Aaron Rodgers’ pass was overthrown. Davis (6-1, 188) is thin and needs work escaping the jam. Of the four rookie free-agent wide receivers in camp, Geronimo Allison of Illinois easily has been the most productive.
    Abby beat the Octopus (Gunter) deep on a nice play. I seriously am not rooting for anyone harder than these two guys.

Brought in to challenge an up and down Lovato.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
    New from JSOnline and PackersNews: Long snapper Schmitt suffered broken hand in 1st practice http://ift.tt/2aLgFAG #Packers

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 2h2 hours ago
    I would not make Rodgers the highest paid player in the NFL but instead would offer him a bonus for every year he shows personal improvement

I wish I could find a video of the monty injury. I remember watching and just thinking his ankle was totally F'd. It was really ugly IIRC.

Should post this is the locker room.

Vincent Verhei ‏@FO_VVerhei
    Seriously. Just take in everything about this image and remember: this game went to overtime.

Over in another forum , they are already posting about Jeff Janis. Many like his speed, while others doubt he has IT between his ears . Some say that he is not a dependable route runner for Aaron Rodgers , while others say that his main value is as a gunner on Special Teams .

I trust that if he makes the 2016 Roster it will be because he is considered a valuable asset . What do members of this forum think about J.Janis , well I'm hoping to hear that !

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Apparently the Packers have a bit of a problem at long snapper. Goode is gone as he git hurt and released last year. They signed Rick Lovato who was uneventful (and presumably successful) for the last month+.

But Packer Report said he had not nailed down the job in camp. So they brought in Jesse Schmitt from Purdue. His first practice? Hurt his hand and missed the rest of practice.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...ing-challenger
    Is Goode's injury career threatening?

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Man, it sure sounds like Jeff Janis is not long for Packerland. I would be disappointed, but I guess whatever is best for the team.
    I suspect his ST prowess will ensure he makes the team not unlike Jarrett Bush did all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Is Goode's injury career threatening?
    He tore his ACL, and unfortunately for him, his contract was up at the end of the year. GB didn't release him, just haven't resigned him...yet.
    JSO had an article early this summer that said he probably can play this year, perhaps even from the start of the season, but wouldn't play during TC.

If Janis and Rodgers were both coming into the league at the same time, I wonder if their relationship might be better.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Janis is a cipher. On one hand, you've got a ton of physical talent and (rare) Caucasian speed.

OTOH, he is STILL green and a mess mentally at times. His mental makeup bounces from disinterested to lost. He is either looking around trying to catch up with the other boys or not paying attention. When he finally figures out what's up and they call a route that he understands and matches his talent, he can be a bitch.

He's in the big year, the 3rd season.

It's his time to get going

Gamblin' Rat
    Janis. I think if he wasn't so damn good at ST's, he'd be a cut this year. But they can be a little more patient since he can contribute significantly in one phase of the game for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I suspect his ST prowess will ensure he makes the team not unlike Jarrett Bush did all those years.
    i don't know about that anymore. if davis or allison clearly have better camps than him i think he's gone.

I dunno. They're going to try like hell to harness that talent before they let him go. My guess is that he gets one more season to show that he can play the game at this level.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Janis is a cipher. On one hand, you've got a ton of physical talent and (rare) Caucasian speed.

OTOH, he is STILL green and a mess mentally at times. His mental makeup bounces from disinterested to lost. He is either looking around trying to catch up with the other boys or not paying attention. When he finally figures out what's up and they call a route that he understands and matches his talent, he can be a bitch.

He's in the big year, the 3rd season.

It's his time to get going
    Just out of curiosity where did you get the info that he was not paying attention.

I am still going to wait until the preseason games to see how he does. If he can't do it, he can't do it. But I would hate for him to be one of those guys that we cut and he goes to another team and does phenomenally well.