Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Sounds like the Cal rookie has come back down to earth. Probably stash him on PS and you've got your 6. Monty is practicing much earlier than I expected him to for having a major surgery in the off-season.

It would be an absolute damn shame to throw away Janis. He is gonna be a star-quality player, and I really HOPE it is for the Packers. They should have done a much better job of using and developing him than they have up to now.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

you can't fix stupid

it seems like janis' only issue is between his head. he just can't figure the game out, can't read defenses. if he hasn't come close to figuring it out in 2 years, i have serious doubts he can

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It would be an absolute damn shame to throw away Janis. He is gonna be a star-quality player, and I really HOPE it is for the Packers. They should have done a much better job of using and developing him than they have up to now.
    Before I laugh, what do you mean by "star" player?
    I think Janis can be a very good special teams player and who knows, maybe a pro bowl special teams player. I guess that is possible. So if that's what you mean, I can possibly agree.

But no way at all is Janis a pro bowl "Star" WR.
    It's bizarre that you're blaming Green Bay for Janis's inability to develop. Janis is the perfect example of a player with a lot of ability and a 10 cent brain. He has decent hands and fast as lightning. But Janis still a few years later has not learned the playbook. He still can't run proper routes and still has no idea where to line up or where to make his breaks. That is not the Packers fault, it's Janis not being able to grasp it. Look at all the other receivers, they seem to get it just fine. Packers WR's not knowing the system is not common practice, it's not been a problem. But for Janis, he just doesn't get it. I wish he did though, that would make the team deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Sounds like the Cal rookie has come back down to earth. Probably stash him on PS and you've got your 6. Monty is practicing much earlier than I expected him to for having a major surgery in the off-season.
    Only problem with the PS is I highly doubt he makes it there without another team picking him up.

Quote Originally Posted by dsilby View Post
    I think Janis can be a very good special teams player and who knows, maybe a pro bowl special teams player. I guess that is possible. So if that's what you mean, I can possibly agree.

It's bizarre that you're blaming Green Bay for Janis's inability to develop. Janis is the perfect example of a player with a lot of ability and a 10 cent brain. He has decent hands and fast as lightning. But Janis still a few years later has not learned the playbook. He still can't run proper routes and still has no idea where to line up or where to make his breaks. That is not the Packers fault, it's Janis not being able to grasp it. Look at all the other receivers, they seem to get it just fine. Packers WR's not knowing the system is not common practice, it's not been a problem. But for Janis, he just doesn't get it. I wish he did though, that would make the team deeper.
    Only problem with the PS is I highly doubt he makes it there without another team picking him up.
    Agree on both counts. Janis is in his 3rd year and doesn't seem to be making progress. He needs to understand that Arod doesn't play a lot in preseason games, so he needs to develop a rapport in practice.

Trevor Davis was a 5th round pick, so other teams probably had him on their radar. Doubtful he would make it to PS if released. Right now Geronimo Allison is probably ahead of Janis.

Janis is gonna be an all-pro wide receiver - mark my words, hopefully for the Packers, but if they fritter away his career and let him go, unfortunately for somebody else. If his problem is mental - not comprehending that offense, that is on the coaches, and hell yeah, it is fixable. If his problem is attitudinal, that too is on the coaches. I would assume there have been a LOT of outstanding wide receivers through the years that were world class dumbasses and/or crap attitude players. The first name that comes to mind is Dez Bryant, but I'm sure there have been a ton of others. That should NOT stop a guy with raw talent from developing.

Janis is far from stupid. If they would put the same energy into him as they have Adams, he would be much farther along.

Janis is gonna be an all-pro wide receiver - mark my words, hopefully for the Packers, but if they fritter away his career and let him go, unfortunately for somebody else. If his problem is mental - not comprehending that offense, that is on the coaches, and hell yeah, it is fixable. If his problem is attitudinal, that too is on the coaches. I would assume there have been a LOT of outstanding wide receivers through the years that were world class dumbasses and/or crap attitude players. The first name that comes to mind is Dez Bryant, but I'm sure there have been a ton of others. That should NOT stop a guy with raw talent from developing.
    Wow
    Are you saying Janis could be like Dez Bryant with the right coaching staff?
    Are you telling me that Dez Bryant is a dumbass? How do you know this? And I mean football smarts, not street smarts.

Jeff Janis has a wonderlic score of 30, he is not a dumbass.

The problem is, he has a big problem figuring out this system and where he needs to be, nobody else seems to have a problem. You can blame the coaching staff all you want, but don't you think they are doing everything possible for Janis to help him out. At what point is it the players fault?

Jeff was a late 7th round pick in 2014. I have absolutely no idea what you've seen from him besides the hail mary catch to think he's a pro bowl receiver.
    But God love your optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Janis is far from stupid. If they would put the same energy into him as they have Adams, he would be much farther along.
    What does this mean?
    I want to know how you know exactly what's happening in the film room and on the field, etc...

Also, it's silly to think that a player drafted in the 7th round and not impressing is going to get the same attention as a player drafted in the 2nd round and has shown flashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    What is missing?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Wow
    Are you saying Janis could be like Dez Bryant with the right coaching staff?
    Are you telling me that Dez Bryant is a dumbass? How do you know this? And I mean football smarts, not street smarts.

Jeff Janis has a wonderlic score of 30, he is not a dumbass.

The problem is, he has a big problem figuring out this system and where he needs to be, nobody else seems to have a problem. You can blame the coaching staff all you want, but don't you think they are doing everything possible for Janis to help him out. At what point is it the players fault?

Jeff was a late 7th round pick in 2014. I have absolutely no idea what you've seen from him besides the hail mary catch to think he's a pro bowl receiver.
    But God love your optimism.
    Yup, his post totally is nuts. To think that the Packers who invested a 7th round pick, hundreds of thousands of dollars and two years and a preseason would not invest the time to bring Janis around is crazy.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    The Packers will play anyone with talent and drive. Look at Sam Shields as example 1. He was an undrafted free agent.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Helpful tip, Tex and Rut love the attention. Do with that what you will

Blog Entries
    Firstly, Jeff Janis will make this years roster. His ST contributions will get him a spot, if nothing else.

He went to a small town high school. Then he went to a division II school.

In two seasons with GB he's had 2 catches in '14.
    Last season, he had two grabs in the regular season.
    Then, he blows up in the play-off game and comes up huge.

He's a good kid, physically talented with solid NFL speed.

He's just now catching up with the game. Because he was behind the mark mentally, he was very slow to be incorporated into the offense. You've got to be sharp and get the others (espec. the QB) to trust you. He's right at that point now. In a way, '16 is like his 3rd rookie year. I think he will make a move this year. Hell, 20 catches would be a 400% improvement on his regular season production.

A sure fire All-Pro? Take another slug of Kool-Aid, Tex.

Zool, I'd tell you what a scumbag and an imbecile you are if this was FYI, but since it ain't, I'll just let people read your intelligent words hahahahahaha.

I did say IF Janis was mentally or attitudinally deficient - I don't particularly believe that, but some people say it like it's gospel. Whatever the case, it's ON THE COACHING STAFF if he falls short of his potential with the Packers. I'd hate to see us lose him and then have him resurface with somebody else and play like a star.

For the guy who questioned the Dez Bryant example of a person who has a bunch of mental and attitude problems but still plays like a star, maybe you should research some of his history.

I don't know why Janis hasn't been brought along faster. I doubt anybody else in here does either. It's annoying and disappointing to me, though, and it is not the only example of that past and present - Packer player(s) seemingly having the most ability getting held back in favor of ........ whoever for whatever reason. I've seen various stuff on various teams in several sports - what it seems to me is coaches and GMs getting a lot of credit when the teams win, but not (IMO) maximizing how good the team could do.

Zool, I'd tell you what a scumbag and an imbecile you are if this was FYI, but since it ain't, I'll just let people read your intelligent words hahahahahaha.

I did say IF Janis was mentally or attitudinally deficient - I don't particularly believe that, but some people say it like it's gospel. Whatever the case, it's ON THE COACHING STAFF if he falls short of his potential with the Packers. I'd hate to see us lose him and then have him resurface with somebody else and play like a star.

For the guy who questioned the Dez Bryant example of a person who has a bunch of mental and attitude problems but still plays like a star, maybe you should research some of his history.

I don't know why Janis hasn't been brought along faster. I doubt anybody else in here does either. It's annoying and disappointing to me, though, and it is not the only example of that past and present - Packer player(s) seemingly having the most ability getting held back in favor of ........ whoever for whatever reason. I've seen various stuff on various teams in several sports - what it seems to me is coaches and GMs getting a lot of credit when the teams win, but not (IMO) maximizing how good the team could do.
    Alright. Let's be clear here.
    1) Name me all these players that have had the most ability and the Packers chose to hold them back? I'd love to know who these players are.

2) Nobody ever said Jeff Janis has a bad attitude, nobody. You're either making that up or hearing things wrong.

3) Nobody is saying Janis has mentally issues as gospel like you said. All you have to do is follow the team, it's that easy. Every single beat writer since Janis was drafted that are in camp and on the sideline ALL say the exact same thing. That he just does not get the system. Read an article, listen to the reporters. It's all out there.

4) To say the Packers are not giving him his fair chance is just flat wrong. Janis is playing with the 1's every day in practice. Not sure what else you want. The guy is playing with the starters. He's just having a very hard keeping up.
    And this isn't Janis hating. I'm sure every single Packer fan wants him to be awesome, that only helps the team. But so far he's been far from it. And there is nobody to blame by himself.

Here's a quote from Janis from Wednesday,
    “I feel like I’ve gotten better at route-running. That’s something I’ve been trying to focus on. Now it’s just reading the defense and being where I’m supposed when Aaron wants me to be there.”

So even Janis knows he's having problems running routes and being where he's supposed to be, and reading defenses and so on.
    I think everyone knows it except you, even Janis knows it.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Yes, because the GM and head coach purposefully hold back a ProBowl caliber WR to show who is boss and shorten their careers because they want less wins by not playing their stud players.

-Tim Harmston

My point is proven.