Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dsilby View Post
    Alright. Let's be clear here.
    1) Name me all these players that have had the most ability and the Packers chose to hold them back? I'd love to know who these players are.

2) Nobody ever said Jeff Janis has a bad attitude, nobody. You're either making that up or hearing things wrong.

3) Nobody is saying Janis has mentally issues as gospel like you said. All you have to do is follow the team, it's that easy. Every single beat writer since Janis was drafted that are in camp and on the sideline ALL say the exact same thing. That he just does not get the system. Read an article, listen to the reporters. It's all out there.

4) To say the Packers are not giving him his fair chance is just flat wrong. Janis is playing with the 1's every day in practice. Not sure what else you want. The guy is playing with the starters. He's just having a very hard keeping up.
    And this isn't Janis hating. I'm sure every single Packer fan wants him to be awesome, that only helps the team. But so far he's been far from it. And there is nobody to blame by himself.

Here's a quote from Janis from Wednesday,
    “I feel like I’ve gotten better at route-running. That’s something I’ve been trying to focus on. Now it’s just reading the defense and being where I’m supposed when Aaron wants me to be there.”

So even Janis knows he's having problems running routes and being where he's supposed to be, and reading defenses and so on.
    I think everyone knows it except you, even Janis knows it.
    I think Janis' issue is he has problems reading defenses on the fly and why Jeff is great when he can just use his speed and outrun defenders as long as Rodgers/a QB has time to find him. And he'll make the roster on his ST prowess alone. If Ty can shine in ST too we'll have a great pair there for sure.

So if I'm reading some of you correctly, Janis could be The Packers "Forrest Gump" ?

Run Jeff Run ! STOP !

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by dsilby View Post
    Alright. Let's be clear here.
    1) Name me all these players that have had the most ability and the Packers chose to hold them back? I'd love to know who these players are.
    Craig Nall!!! If only he's been given half a chance!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    What is missing?
    Game opportunities. One of the assistant coaches (Getsy? Bennett?) even said as much. There are players who are "gamers". Players who in games out perform their practiced based expectations. I think Janis shows signs of that, not just from his playoff performance, but also from his limited regular season opportunities that included several long p.i. calls on defenders who couldn't stay with him.

If he can become a 20-30 receptions guy capable of distracting the defense deep, while continuing to perform on STs like he did last year, he will be around as long as Jarrett Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Craig Nall!!! If only he's been given half a chance!
    Haha. Or Sixto Lezcano! Oh wait, wrong team and sport. My bad.

It's amazing - and kinda sick - that we have so many Janis haters or at least detractors in here. All the damn beat reporters say ....... this and that - BFD about that hahahaha. Janis may be getting first team reps now - I guess I have to take the word of you detractors about that. However, he languished on the bench or inactive for two years or so; Then when finally given the chance to get on the field, he did an excellent job both as a receiver and on special teams - any of you negativists gonna dispute that? Just my opinion, mind you, but I'd say Janis in his limited opportunities for game situations has looked better than Montgomery at his best when he was healthy, and it isn't even a contest comparing Adams to Janis.

I don't know wtf is in the minds of McCarthy and Thompson - maybe they will just fart away Janis's career with the Packers. Whoever he ends up with, though, I expect him to eventually be a star-quality receiver. It will piss me off highly if that is not with the Packers.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Hey you guys, is texaspackerbacker a troll? His posts are hilarious.

I've been hovering around here for a couple years but haven't posted much.
    I want to have real conversations and I don't want to waste time in conversations that are just meant to bait people, I'm still learning personalities on here.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It's amazing - and kinda sick - that we have so many Janis haters or at least detractors in here. All the damn beat reporters say ....... this and that - BFD about that hahahaha. Janis may be getting first team reps now - I guess I have to take the word of you detractors about that. However, he languished on the bench or inactive for two years or so; Then when finally given the chance to get on the field, he did an excellent job both as a receiver and on special teams - any of you negativists gonna dispute that? Just my opinion, mind you, but I'd say Janis in his limited opportunities for game situations has looked better than Montgomery at his best when he was healthy, and it isn't even a contest comparing Adams to Janis.

I don't know wtf is in the minds of McCarthy and Thompson - maybe they will just fart away Janis's career with the Packers. Whoever he ends up with, though, I expect him to eventually be a star-quality receiver. It will piss me off highly if that is not with the Packers.
    Where did you get the idea that Thompson and McCarthy can't recognize and develop quality wide receivers? It may be their greatest strength. If Janis is good enough, he'll make it with the Packers. If he's not good enough to make it with the Packers, he probably won't make an impact anywhere else either. This is one area where the Packers don't make many mistakes.

in other news, after one preseason game, miles jack looks to be the real deal

coulda woulda shoulda

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

coulda woulda shoulda
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. He might end up being great, who knows. But there's not way of knowing anything after a pre season game. Remember when Jayrone Elliott looked like the next Brian Urlacher in pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Game opportunities. One of the assistant coaches (Getsy? Bennett?) even said as much. There are players who are "gamers". Players who in games out perform their practiced based expectations. I think Janis shows signs of that, not just from his playoff performance, but also from his limited regular season opportunities that included several long p.i. calls on defenders who couldn't stay with him.

If he can become a 20-30 receptions guy capable of distracting the defense deep, while continuing to perform on STs like he did last year, he will be around as long as Jarrett Bush.
    Fair point. What happened to him tonight?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Fair point. What happened to him tonight?
    Inactive.

Janis had his hand wrapped in ice at practice earlier this week.

Espn reported he broke it Wednesday.http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17292237

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    It's all a setup by the coaching staff just to keep the man down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It would be an absolute damn shame to throw away Janis. He is gonna be a star-quality player, and I really HOPE it is for the Packers. They should have done a much better job of using and developing him than they have up to now.
    He's fast, but has not shown much beyond that. He runs routes poorly and after two full years he can't read defenses. I see Bill Schroeder in him. He'll show flashes but not consistency. With his ST ability he's a nice last WR to have on the roster.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

coulda woulda shoulda

I would have been completely on board with this
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I think we all know he punched a coach right?

^ Yes. After a coach tried to stop him from punching Rodgers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I am not sure if this is center related OR long snapper related:

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m5 minutes ago
    New from JSOnline and PackersNews: DePere native Kyle Steuck joins Packers http://ift.tt/2aS1N4d #Packers

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 15m15 minutes ago
    #Packers have put long snapper Jesse Schmitt (broken hand) on injured reserve and announced official signing of OL Kyle Steuck.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 32m32 minutes ago
    Todays DNPs: Waters, Gatewood, Burnett, Ryan, Flores, Linsley, Murphy, James, Rotheram, Janis, Nelson, Montgomery (rest) #PackersCamp

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 46m46 minutes ago
    Busy day for participation at #Packers camp: Clay Matthews, Randall Cobb, Brett Hundley, Mitchell Henry and Makinton Dorleant all return.