Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood
    Wondering if #Packers S Morgan Burnett was not a healthy scratch. He was activated vs. Browns, didn't play, now isn't practicing today.

Tom Silverstein@TomSilverstein
    ILB Jake Ryan, S Morgan Burnett are still out.

C Matt Rotheram has his left arm in a sling explains why they signed Steuck.

WR Jeff Janis is here. Has his right hand in a splint and wrapped with an ace bandage.

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood
    #Packers WR Ty Montgomery's absence is not injury related. Just his first rest day since coming off PUP. Easing him back onto field.

Michael Cohen@Michael_Cohen13
    Seems the calf issue for Cobb is minor. Made a couple nice grabs on passes from Rodgers in 2-min drill vs. starting defense. #Packers

Rodgers went twice to Davante Adams during drill Adams dropped back shoulder against Shields and then couldn't time up on free play.

Blake Martinez prevented a touchdown to James Starks on cross-field throw from Rodgers.

If the punters were trying to hit short line drives then they succeeded. Unless they were trying something I don't know about it was brutal

Aaron Nagler@AaronNagler
    Hundley getting time with the first team offense.

Aaron Nagler@AaronNagler
    Carl Bradford getting a few reps with the first team.

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood
    #Packers QB Brett Hundley gets starter reps in team period, but Aaron Rodgers handled lone 2-minute drill. Hundley missed week, needs reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If the punters were trying to hit short line drives then they succeeded. Unless they were trying something I don't know about it was brutal
    If both were punting the same way, I suspect they were working on something, like lower line-drive punts needed late in the year when playing in gale-force winds at Soldier Field or Lambeau.

Aaron Nagler@AaronNagler
    Hundley looks really sharp today. Throwing in rhythm and placing it well nearly every time.

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood
    #Packers rookie WR Trevor Davis makes a nice route adjustment, cutting under CB Demetri Goodson to catch Brett Hundley's sideline pass.

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood
    #Packers WR Geronimo Allison beats CB Josh Hawkins deep, but Hawkins strips it to force incompletion.

Then on next play ball thrown slightly behind Allisonbounces off his hands and is picked off by Carl Bradford.

When OLB Kyler Fackrell gets a one on one rushing outside his quickness is hard to deal with. Even athletic Jason Spriggs has trouble.

Aaron Nagler@AaronNagler
    Great job by Adams tracking a deep pass from Rodgers for what would have been a touchdown. Big play from the third year WR.

Pete Dougherty@PeteDougherty
    Team drills close with 2 big plays by scout team with Rodgers at QB: Bomb to Adams over Daniel, then Richard Rodgers on seam route

Rodgers ran scout team plays today against Defense Suggests he is possibly not playing this week either.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rodgers ran scout team plays today against Defense Suggests he is possibly not playing this week either.
    Their plan had been for Hundley to get a lot of reps this preseason. With the 1st game cancelled, and Hundley missing the 2nd game, they may want him to play most of the game.

I would sit Rodgers the entire preseason. Timing with receivers? You get that in practice. It's true that Rodgers needs to adjust to real game speed, but that will take all of a series or two in the first game, if that long.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 4m4 minutes ago
    OL Matt Rotheram describing biceps injury: "Icing every hour for like 12 hours straight because my arm looked like my calf. It was huge."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Behold your football savior brought low.

ZOOK

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 46m46 minutes ago
    Ron Zook on @abbrecadabra's 34-yard free-kick return: "That was all him. I don't know if we blocked anybody ... that's what Jared can do."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 46m46 minutes ago
    Zook sees Perillo in the mold of Kuhn in that he can line up in a lot of places on special teams.

WELL PERILLO IS SET FOR A 10 YEAR CAREER THEN IF HE CAN BLOCK IN THE BACKFIELD AND RUN A FULLBACK DIVE

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 46m46 minutes ago
    Zook on Jared Abbrederis on special teams: Heck of a returner. Great instincts & can catch the football.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 45m45 minutes ago
    Zook on Jeff Janis' injury: Feel bad for Jeff...He's got a great attitude. He'll get back as fast as he can & pick up where he left off.

CAPERS

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 42m42 minutes ago
    Capers on first game: Good look at young guys. We’ll have a good challenge Thursday. This is an explosive offensive team.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 41m41 minutes ago
    Capers on Datone Jones: I thought he got off to a good start Friday night. Good physical plays. We think he can set the edge in the run game

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 40m40 minutes ago
    Capers on Matthews: He knows what we do. Just a matter of getting him ready. He still rushed on 3rd down. Not like he’ll lose anything.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 39m39 minutes ago
    Capers on ILB: We wanted to make sure we got a good look at Carl Bradford on first and second down. Got a lot of good work.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 39m39 minutes ago
    Dom Capers on Joe Thomas and Carl Bradford: "I thought both those guys had a couple flash plays where you saw their ability show up."

Capers using headset: In terms of mechanics, the substitution, that all went very well for the first game.

TOOK ME AWHILE BUT THEY MEAN YOUNG GUYS ON HEADSET

Capers on playing vets: As long as they get practice reps in. If missing practice time, it affects preseason games. We know what they can do

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 38m38 minutes ago
    Capers on Dean Lowry: He’s a young guy. We need to continue get a good look at him. Know won’t have Mike Pennel first 4 games.

BENNETT

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 34m34 minutes ago
    Edgar Bennett on Lacy: Off to a good start. That was one of the goals, wanted to run the football. First unit did a good job of that.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 34m34 minutes ago
    Bennett on Lacy: Off to a good start. Goal to run football. First unit did a nice job.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 35m35 minutes ago
    Bennett on Perillo: He’s versatile. Has ability to separate and get open. He’ll extend arms and catch away from his body. Strong hands.

Bennett on Hundley: He came in and was a positive day. He’ll be evaluated and coach McCarthy will decide on him later in the week.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 34m34 minutes ago
    Ty Montgomery was given a rest day. No injury. #Packers

Bennett on Callahan: Managed the run game. Look at his 2-minute drive. Displayed some of his talents. 12 plays, 80 yards, put it in the EZ.

MOSS DON'T GROW FAT ON A ROLLING STONE

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 32m32 minutes ago
    Winston Moss on Datone Jones: Really played well. Showed some growth in being able to play all three phases. Set edge. Covered. Pass rushed.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 32m32 minutes ago
    Moss on Jones: We don’t want the ebb and flows. He has to keep it going. We want him to perform day in and day out.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 31m31 minutes ago
    Moss said Datone Jones dropped a few more pounds during the break between minicamp and training camp. Settling in at outside linebacker.

HE AND LACY ARE SOFT N SMALL!!

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 30m30 minutes ago
    Moss on OLB threats: All of them. When was there a game there were 3 safeties in a game and we had two of them. All have pass rush threat.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 28m28 minutes ago
    Moss likes the number of pass-rushing options he's got at OLB. Jones has made big strides since midseason position change.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 28m28 minutes ago
    Moss said ILB Joe Thomas has come on strong. He was "at one point fighting to make the team, and now he has a significant role for us."

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 28m28 minutes ago
    Moss on Thomas and Bradford: Joe is person who had a significant role and has grown. See more confidence. Carl, finally the light clicked on

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 28m28 minutes ago
    Moss said "the light flicked on" for Carl Bradford against the Browns. Coaches were happy for Bradford, whose work ethic they love. #Packers

I HOPE IT STAYED ON BECAUSE THE GUY ON THE FIELD FOR THE BROWNS GAME CAN DEFINITELY PLAY

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 27m27 minutes ago
    Moss on Bradford: Play speed and decision-making. Doesn’t hesitate and strikes with conviction,shows a lot there. Run game can be better.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 26m26 minutes ago
    Moss on Fackrell: He's athletic. Teams will plan accordingly. So trying to build moves to counteract what offense will do vs. him.

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 26m26 minutes ago
    Moss on #Packers rookie Kyler Fackrell: "We're trying to find an identity for him." Teams gearing up against his athleticism.

TRGOVAC

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 24m24 minutes ago
    Ringo is "way ahead" of where he was as a rookie last year, Trgo says.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 23m23 minutes ago
    Trgovac on Pennel: Not treating him any differently other than would have played him earlier. Giving him his reps in practice.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 23m23 minutes ago
    Trgovac on Clark: Very serious young man. Takes in everything you say. Takes his job very seriously. Say something, he writes it down.

PERRY

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 19m19 minutes ago
    Darren Perry on Hyde: Very versatile guy. He’s smart. There’s no worries when he’s on the field. He’s like a starter for us.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 18m18 minutes ago
    Perry on young safeties: Smartest group since I’ve been here. All can run. We saw some good things from all those guys.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 18m18 minutes ago
    Safeties coach Darren Perry said he expected Morgan Burnett to play Friday but "things happen." Burnett missed practice with a back issue.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 17m17 minutes ago
    Perry on Brice dropped INT vs. Rodgers: Can’t miss out on those opportunities. But he can catch the football. I’m not worried about him.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 17m17 minutes ago
    Perry on HHCD: I think if preference he’d like to roam the field. Buthe’d relish opportunity to cover Gronkowski and guys like that.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m17 minutes ago
    Perry says he'd take Clinton-Dix matched against any tight end in the league.

WHITT

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 15m15 minutes ago
    Joe Whitt on CBs: We have to play better all the way around. Made some plays, but not consistently enough. Numbers good but good rush.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 13m13 minutes ago
    Whitt on CBs; We’re going to rotate. Have to make sure everyone has comfort level at each spot and with each other.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago
    Whitt calls Hyde "rare" because of his versatility. Safety, nickel, dime and even at corner.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago
    Whitt continues that Hyde is one of 11 best defensive players.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m12 minutes ago
    Whitt on depth at CB: At this point, we have a bunch of young guys haven’t proved self. Have one guy. Everyone else needs to come along.

MAN, THAT IS SOME COLD WATER JOE JR.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 10m10 minutes ago
    Whitt on CB rotation: That will be throughout the season. Will be based on matchups each week. So not a pure "slot" guy. Will change weekly

I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS. TEAMS DON'T ALL PUT SAME KINDA GUY IN SLOT.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 10m10 minutes ago
    Whitt likes Randall and Rollins are good enough tacklers to play in the slot.

ANKLE BITERS!

MCCURLEY

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 9m9 minutes ago
    McCurley on ILBs: After one game, I like the way they competed in game. Top to bottom took challenge and competed hard. They know #s game.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m8 minutes ago
    McCurley on Bradford: Lost weight, changed routine, change habits. He knows what he’s doing, ability to play fast. Seen at times before.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 9m9 minutes ago
    Scott McCurley said Carl Bradford "put it together snap after snap" in the game against the Browns. "He made those plays across the board."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 8m8 minutes ago
    Bradford finally taking step, McCurley says. He's made a bunch of plays previous two camps. Just not the consistency to play on Sundays.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
    McCurley likes what he saw out of Martinez on Friday. Just wishes he would have played more than 11 snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I would sit Rodgers the entire preseason. Timing with receivers? You get that in practice. It's true that Rodgers needs to adjust to real game speed, but that will take all of a series or two in the first game, if that long.
    i disagree, i thought one of the big reasons he was "off" last year was because he did next to nothing in preseason

timing with receivers in practice is nothing close to timing in a game time situation

and its more about the other players getting use to playing with a-rod, not the other way around
    running the routes the 3rd string QB wants you to run are probably a bit different from what a-rod expects

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i disagree, i thought one of the big reasons he was "off" last year was because he did next to nothing in preseason
    He wasn't off the 1st 6 games. He had 15 TD passes and 2 INT's and was probably the early favorite for MVP. The offense started to struggle once teams figured out the Packers didn't have a receiver whose speed they had to respect. I don't think having played more in preseason games would have mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He wasn't off the 1st 6 games. He had 15 TD passes and 2 INT's and was probably the early favorite for MVP. The offense started to struggle once teams figured out the Packers didn't have a receiver whose speed they had to respect. I don't think having played more in preseason games would have mattered.
    I must agree, no deep threat gave defenses an easier field to defend . What Deep Threat will the Packers serve up this season ?

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Basically a perfect response by Joe. I think the WR situation looks better than last season, but I am nervous about Jordy.
    Last edited by smuggler; 08-14-2016 at 09:58 PM.