Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I wonder what's going on with Nelson's knees. Will he ever be the bee's knees again?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I wonder what's going on with Nelson's knees. Will he ever be the bee's knees again?
    Well, you have to wonder. He's on the wrong side of 30 coming off an ACL injury. I don't think we can expect many 1400 yard seasons from him.
    The young WRs need to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Well, you have to wonder. He's on the wrong side of 30 coming off an ACL injury. I don't think we can expect many 1400 yard seasons from him.
    The young WRs need to step up.
    Of course the knee that is bothering him now isn't the one he hurt last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    At best he'll be the cat's pajamas. I predict 3 or 4 more years in the league where he is not a top #1 reciever.

It is written.

Mike Spofford ‏@mikespofford 15m15 minutes ago
    Crazy. Rodgers scrambles left, throws back right to back of end zone, and RB Brandon Burks makes leaping TD grab. Only at #PackersCamp

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 16m16 minutes ago
    Rodgers lofts another one, this time rolling to left, over the D on other side. Brandon Burks with a nice leaping catch behind Gunter for TD

THE OCTOPUS HAS BEEN STRUGGLING A BIT. I WONDER IF SOMEONE POKED HIM IN HIS EYE.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 19m19 minutes ago
    Brandon Burks caught a boatload of passes at Troy. Best play of camp on leaping grab on back of end zone vs. Gunter

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 19m19 minutes ago
    Now Mitch Henry makes a nice contested catch from Rodgers
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-15-2016 at 02:23 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Did Kenny Clark get injured? Why no news on him for over a week? Or am I missing something?

So did a google ande got this,
    http://es.pn/2bcNZVm

So what have you seen out of clark so far?
    Last edited by Upnorth; 08-17-2016 at 01:12 PM.

According to Packer Report, Jordy Nelson passed his physical and is on the NFL transaction report.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    According to Packer Report, Jordy Nelson passed his physical and is on the NFL transaction report.
    Does that mean he's been traded?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Does that mean he's been traded?
    I can't think of any other reason he would be on the report.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Yup, Jordy is off the PUP list.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yup, Jordy is off the PUP list.

Its time for Bob to retire. Or at least his editor. This has to be the tenth year in a row he has written this column.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    New from JSOnline and PackersNews: McGinn: Packers have the depth to deal http://ift.tt/2b2pMjS #Packers

And how many cutdown takes have there been? Two?

Is there an official game thread for the GB vs Oakland game tonight . A thread where observations may be posted before, during , and after this 2nd preseason game .

I hope that no one gets any medical problems and it will be a safe contest. Furthermore , I most want to see all the offensive and defensive linemen play well .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Schroedinger's Weight Loss:

Last edited by pbmax; 08-20-2016 at 09:05 AM.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...omes/89007062/

Bob's O line winners and losers.

1. Starting O line, no reported problems.
    2. Spriggs had brutal game after very good Browns game. However, his trouble was not limited Kahlil Mack. He gave up 2 pressures and at least one bad run to backups.
    3. Kyle Murphy had one bad run and no pressures versus Bruce Irvin. Further proof that Bruce Irvin stinks out loud.
    4. Lane Taylor was brutal as well. Walker played Guard well and was OK at RT. Barclay demonstrated his strength by being uniformly just below average at 5 positions.

ILB
    5. Barrington got ridden down the filed for five yards and was apparently otherwise un-notable.
    6. Martinez played better versus Raiders with great wide tackle on screen/pass to FB. Kept gain to 2 when they needed 4 for first. Martinez also took on a couple of blockers very well. Bob figures if he can do this, he is going to start.
    7. Ryan was starter at beginning of camp, but may no longer be.
    8. Joe Thomas has added effective weight and is still fast.
    9. Carl Bradford wasn't quite as good versus Oakland as vs Browns, but still have good outing sifting through trash inside.

OLB
    10. Vast wasteland with Holy Fackrell looking like a development project. Elliot is all hustle and one pass rush move. McCray tries hard but did not get home. Same with Gilbert (UDFA).
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-20-2016 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    [url]

OLB
    10. Vast wasteland with Holy Fackrell looking like a development project.
    just a complete throwaway pick imo

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    just a complete throwaway pick imo
    He is ridiculously athletic and long for a 3rd rounder. He needs power, weight and strength and he will be a force.

Whether he can do add those I do not know. But its technique as much as mass. If it works, he has first round physical traits.

3. Kyle Murphy had one bad run and no pressures versus Bruce Irvin. Further proof that Bruce Irvin stinks out loud.
    It will be interesting to watch how valid this claim is. He got a contract averaging pretty close to $10m/year, did Seattle try very hard to retain him? Playing with Mack, he should have a lot of opportunities.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 24m24 minutes ago
    The #Packers are doing a "team exercise" rather than the scheduled closed-to-the-fans/media practice today.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 22m22 minutes ago
    McCarthy: This will be our first opportunity to have a full game-plan week going into a game...Getting players on an in-season schedule.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 21m21 minutes ago
    Plan for Nelson? Will practice Monday with individual drills and "will take it from there."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 20m20 minutes ago
    Kyle Murphy "battled through and did some good things" in his preseason debut. Had been out with concussion.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 19m19 minutes ago
    Rodgers and Nelson will work as much as they can during one-on-one periods. Not sure about preseason games.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 19m19 minutes ago
    McCarthy said the idea of Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson playing together in an exhibition game is something he will discuss down the road.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 17m17 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I think Brett (Hundley) will be hard-pressed to do anything this week. I don't see him playing against San Francisco.

I understand that Aaron Rodgers is being protected in the pre-season , yet I feel that he and the WR's/RB's/TE's need more than practice to get up to speed . Perhaps we will see some of him as well as Nelson in the next few weeks .

It does seem that the position of Punter is heating up this TC . Also, with so many substitutes on ST against Browns and Raiders , it's difficult to clearly judge how good they may be .

So far, (knock on wood), no major medical issues have occurred. Yes, there have been some concerns, but nothing that will effect the TEAM adversely .

Next up, a trip to San Francisco .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !