Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yup, Jordy is off the PUP list.

Schroedinger's Weight Loss:

Last edited by pbmax; 08-20-2016 at 09:05 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...omes/89007062/

Bob's O line winners and losers.

1. Starting O line, no reported problems.
    2. Spriggs had brutal game after very good Browns game. However, his trouble was not limited Kahlil Mack. He gave up 2 pressures and at least one bad run to backups.
    3. Kyle Murphy had one bad run and no pressures versus Bruce Irvin. Further proof that Bruce Irvin stinks out loud.
    4. Lane Taylor was brutal as well. Walker played Guard well and was OK at RT. Barclay demonstrated his strength by being uniformly just below average at 5 positions.

ILB
    5. Barrington got ridden down the filed for five yards and was apparently otherwise un-notable.
    6. Martinez played better versus Raiders with great wide tackle on screen/pass to FB. Kept gain to 2 when they needed 4 for first. Martinez also took on a couple of blockers very well. Bob figures if he can do this, he is going to start.
    7. Ryan was starter at beginning of camp, but may no longer be.
    8. Joe Thomas has added effective weight and is still fast.
    9. Carl Bradford wasn't quite as good versus Oakland as vs Browns, but still have good outing sifting through trash inside.

OLB
    10. Vast wasteland with Holy Fackrell looking like a development project. Elliot is all hustle and one pass rush move. McCray tries hard but did not get home. Same with Gilbert (UDFA).
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-20-2016 at 09:28 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 24m24 minutes ago
    The #Packers are doing a "team exercise" rather than the scheduled closed-to-the-fans/media practice today.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 22m22 minutes ago
    McCarthy: This will be our first opportunity to have a full game-plan week going into a game...Getting players on an in-season schedule.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 21m21 minutes ago
    Plan for Nelson? Will practice Monday with individual drills and "will take it from there."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 20m20 minutes ago
    Kyle Murphy "battled through and did some good things" in his preseason debut. Had been out with concussion.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 19m19 minutes ago
    Rodgers and Nelson will work as much as they can during one-on-one periods. Not sure about preseason games.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 19m19 minutes ago
    McCarthy said the idea of Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson playing together in an exhibition game is something he will discuss down the road.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 17m17 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I think Brett (Hundley) will be hard-pressed to do anything this week. I don't see him playing against San Francisco.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 18s19 seconds ago
    #Packers OL Josh Walker was wearing a brace in the locker room and had one crutch. Hurt his right knee against Oakland. Not a great sign.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    [url]

OLB
    10. Vast wasteland with Holy Fackrell looking like a development project.
    just a complete throwaway pick imo

I understand that Aaron Rodgers is being protected in the pre-season , yet I feel that he and the WR's/RB's/TE's need more than practice to get up to speed . Perhaps we will see some of him as well as Nelson in the next few weeks .

It does seem that the position of Punter is heating up this TC . Also, with so many substitutes on ST against Browns and Raiders , it's difficult to clearly judge how good they may be .

So far, (knock on wood), no major medical issues have occurred. Yes, there have been some concerns, but nothing that will effect the TEAM adversely .

Next up, a trip to San Francisco .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    just a complete throwaway pick imo
    He is ridiculously athletic and long for a 3rd rounder. He needs power, weight and strength and he will be a force.

Whether he can do add those I do not know. But its technique as much as mass. If it works, he has first round physical traits.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 18s19 seconds ago
    #Packers OL Josh Walker was wearing a brace in the locker room and had one crutch. Hurt his right knee against Oakland. Not a great sign.
    Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 44m44 minutes ago
    Tight end Mitchell Henry was wearing a splint on his right hand. He broke a finger for the second year in a row. Might need another club.

Fackrell was out ill and a day or two before the game they said he wouldn't play. I was surprised when he did play. That could explain why he looked better last week than this week.

Barrington had a nice play early in the game. read a pass play and reacted quickly , coming a long way to hold it to little or no gain on a play that looked to have yardage potential. At the time I wondered who read and reacted so quickly. They called his name and I thought about how much that type reaction was missed last year.

3. Kyle Murphy had one bad run and no pressures versus Bruce Irvin. Further proof that Bruce Irvin stinks out loud.
    It will be interesting to watch how valid this claim is. He got a contract averaging pretty close to $10m/year, did Seattle try very hard to retain him? Playing with Mack, he should have a lot of opportunities.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

POSITION BATTLE WATCH: CENTER

Its all over, Tretter is your starter. http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...nter/89102056/

Linsley, a two-year starter, remains on the physically unable to perform list with a hamstring injury. He has missed the entire offseason program, and two preseason games. Tretter has not only been healthy, but he's impressed coach Mike McCarthy enough to make a bold proclamation Monday morning.

"It’s important to recognize what’s going on each and every day," McCarthy said. "JC Tretter has had an excellent camp. I think I’ve answered that question repeatedly and JC, in my view, has earned the starting position at center. Availability is a big part of what you look for in your players.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...-training-camp from June 15th. Check the quote from the last paragraph. Hope he's OK. Not sure how you go from precautionary hold out (coaches decision) to missing training camp and pre-season games. That's either a slow-healing hamstring or a bad set back some time after June 15th.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Just some random thoughts:

It was funny seeing Spriggs getting school by Mack. He almost seemed to have a WTH look on his face a couple of times.

Great to see Lacy running hard but sorry to see Hundley get hurt again. He was really on a roll.

I thought that Martinez did a pretty good job. Several times I saw him tackling well or chasing someone down.

Bradford sure has picked up his game. To be perfectly honest I had just about given up on him.

Davis did a good job with that punt that was bouncing and I think he picked up quite a few yards.

Love the punting competition. Don't know if Mortel will make the team but I think he is punting well. Much more competition than the kid they brought in last year.

Finally it was great to see Nelson dressed out even if he didn't play. I sure hope he can adjust to playing again and have confidence in his knees. Wondering if he has lost a step or not.

POSITION BATTLE WATCH: CENTER

Its all over, Tretter is your starter. http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...nter/89102056/
    Let the comparisons to Mike Flanagan begin!

Both were mid round picks (3rd and 4th)
    Both lost early opportunities due to injuries.
    Both were more of the lean, athletic type, even viewed by some as a bit light (301 lb. and 307 lb.)
    Both were athletic enough to rescue the team when they needed replacement left tackles.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 40m40 minutes ago
    LB Jake Ryan (hamstring) is back at practice today. Will be interesting to see if he takes any team reps. #Packers

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 41m41 minutes ago
    Haven't seen Josh Walker. Rest of DNPs are Hundley, Burnett, Flores, Linsley, James, Rotheram and Janis #PackersCamp

MORTELL DID NOT PUNT DURING AN EARLY DRILL. MASTERY PUNTED 11 TIMES.

Is it fair to describe Linsley as more of a bruiser and Tretter as more a finesse type? That's the way I see them, and I tend to like Linsley better for that reason. I'm looking forward to reading he is back. Unless it is way worse than your usual hamstring, it shouldn't be taking this long.

Interesting about Masthay getting all the reps in practice - a negative for Mortell, who seems to me to be doing better or Masthay's last gasp of a hope or some minor injury to Mortell? I'm rooting for Mortell.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

If Mortell wins the job, I am appointing Tex the head of his fan club, known hereafter as Mortell's Mushrooms.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I read somewhere this morning that Mortell will have all the punting duties at practice today.