Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 18s19 seconds ago
    #Packers OL Josh Walker was wearing a brace in the locker room and had one crutch. Hurt his right knee against Oakland. Not a great sign.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 18s19 seconds ago
    #Packers OL Josh Walker was wearing a brace in the locker room and had one crutch. Hurt his right knee against Oakland. Not a great sign.
    Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 44m44 minutes ago
    Tight end Mitchell Henry was wearing a splint on his right hand. He broke a finger for the second year in a row. Might need another club.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Barrington had a nice play early in the game. read a pass play and reacted quickly , coming a long way to hold it to little or no gain on a play that looked to have yardage potential. At the time I wondered who read and reacted so quickly. They called his name and I thought about how much that type reaction was missed last year.

Fackrell was out ill and a day or two before the game they said he wouldn't play. I was surprised when he did play. That could explain why he looked better last week than this week.

POSITION BATTLE WATCH: CENTER

Its all over, Tretter is your starter. http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...nter/89102056/

Linsley, a two-year starter, remains on the physically unable to perform list with a hamstring injury. He has missed the entire offseason program, and two preseason games. Tretter has not only been healthy, but he's impressed coach Mike McCarthy enough to make a bold proclamation Monday morning.

"It’s important to recognize what’s going on each and every day," McCarthy said. "JC Tretter has had an excellent camp. I think I’ve answered that question repeatedly and JC, in my view, has earned the starting position at center. Availability is a big part of what you look for in your players.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    POSITION BATTLE WATCH: CENTER

Its all over, Tretter is your starter. http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...nter/89102056/
    Let the comparisons to Mike Flanagan begin!

Both were mid round picks (3rd and 4th)
    Both lost early opportunities due to injuries.
    Both were more of the lean, athletic type, even viewed by some as a bit light (301 lb. and 307 lb.)
    Both were athletic enough to rescue the team when they needed replacement left tackles.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...-training-camp from June 15th. Check the quote from the last paragraph. Hope he's OK. Not sure how you go from precautionary hold out (coaches decision) to missing training camp and pre-season games. That's either a slow-healing hamstring or a bad set back some time after June 15th.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Just some random thoughts:

It was funny seeing Spriggs getting school by Mack. He almost seemed to have a WTH look on his face a couple of times.

Great to see Lacy running hard but sorry to see Hundley get hurt again. He was really on a roll.

I thought that Martinez did a pretty good job. Several times I saw him tackling well or chasing someone down.

Bradford sure has picked up his game. To be perfectly honest I had just about given up on him.

Davis did a good job with that punt that was bouncing and I think he picked up quite a few yards.

Love the punting competition. Don't know if Mortel will make the team but I think he is punting well. Much more competition than the kid they brought in last year.

Finally it was great to see Nelson dressed out even if he didn't play. I sure hope he can adjust to playing again and have confidence in his knees. Wondering if he has lost a step or not.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 40m40 minutes ago
    LB Jake Ryan (hamstring) is back at practice today. Will be interesting to see if he takes any team reps. #Packers

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 41m41 minutes ago
    Haven't seen Josh Walker. Rest of DNPs are Hundley, Burnett, Flores, Linsley, James, Rotheram and Janis #PackersCamp

MORTELL DID NOT PUNT DURING AN EARLY DRILL. MASTERY PUNTED 11 TIMES.

Is it fair to describe Linsley as more of a bruiser and Tretter as more a finesse type? That's the way I see them, and I tend to like Linsley better for that reason. I'm looking forward to reading he is back. Unless it is way worse than your usual hamstring, it shouldn't be taking this long.

Interesting about Masthay getting all the reps in practice - a negative for Mortell, who seems to me to be doing better or Masthay's last gasp of a hope or some minor injury to Mortell? I'm rooting for Mortell.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

If Mortell wins the job, I am appointing Tex the head of his fan club, known hereafter as Mortell's Mushrooms.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If Mortell wins the job, I am appointing Tex the head of his fan club, known hereafter as Mortell's Mushrooms.
    Good one Fritz , after all mushrooms do live in the Dark and feed on S><t !

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

I read somewhere this morning that Mortell will have all the punting duties at practice today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I read somewhere this morning that Mortell will have all the punting duties at practice today.
    Yes. Look said this week they are trading days.

Alright, what do you assholes want to know about. Red skipped work today and is at lambeau for practice

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Alright, what do you assholes want to know about.
    Why were you fired?

Clark is in shorts, no pads

Alright, what do you assholes want to know about. Red skipped work today and is at lambeau for practice
    O lineman, young D lineman (Lowry, Clark), any of the ILBs and Geronimo Allison.

One day I'll make it to training camp. Of course, that probably won't be until after I retire. But one day...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Lol, not fired

Lacy looks fat on a bike.

Hundley is in a red jersey and pads, must be ok

Jordy in full pads

Bahk almost ran over an old guy with his bike

Ron zook is a big dude, I did not tell him he sucks

Winston moss looks like he could still play