Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    OK , so what is the BIG STORY so far at Packers TC ?
    That there is no big story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    LMGTFY

Nelson 4.51
    Janis 4.42
    Davis 4.41
    Adams 4.56
    Cobb 4.46

So I guess if you're taking straight line speed in shorts, it's Davis by a sliver. If you're talking a guy lined up with a CB playing press and a 9 route called, I'll take Nelson over anyone else on the team by 3-4 yards in a 40.
    Is that Jordy's Combine speed? I seem to recall he wasn't 100% that day so this might be how he is now after his knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Is that Jordy's Combine speed? I seem to recall he wasn't 100% that day so this might be how he is now after his knee injury.
    His combine was 4.62 I believe. I think the 4.51 was his pro day.

Anyone else getting more worried about Montgomery?

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...-ankle-surgery
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Geronimo Allison keeps getting mentioned. Guy to watch in the preseason games.
    I want to be very upbeat about Clark and Martinez helping on defense this year, but we've been burned before. I don't know if I can put myself through that again.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Anyone else getting more worried about Montgomery?

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...-ankle-surgery
    Yep. I have moved from 6 week PUP to a lost year forecast. And I think the chances this ends a career have gone up too. The complete lockdown on information is suggestive that its bad and they are giving the player time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

OK, now that I read the piece I think we can forget this going well. Items 1 and 3 are deal breakers.

Montgomery said his surgery contained three parts: tight ropes inserted into his ligaments to hold them in place, a cartilage repair and -- perhaps most serious -- a microfracture procedure on his talus (a bone between the heel and fibula and tibia).
    I have never even heard of Item #1.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yep. I have moved from 6 week PUP to a lost year forecast. And I think the chances this ends a career have gone up too. The complete lockdown on information is suggestive that its bad and they are giving the player time.
    This is probably good news for Abby. You now have 6 WR competing for 5 or 6 WR spots. That really helps the WR who would have come in 7th if Monty was healthy.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I don't know. He says he's been running, and can run some routes. If he were a year away from playing, he'd probably have his foot in a boot. 6 weeks IMO. If he goes on the PUP, he's got almost 3 months before he'd be eligible to play.

The bad news is that we are now counting on two guys who have the dropsies (Adams and Janis) plus one that is one serious head injury away from retiring (Abby).

My concern is if it is really fixed or not. It might be one of those things they can fix for everyday life of an average person, but not for what an NFL wide receiver uses his ankle for. That he is allowed to "run some routes" implies he can not run others, and that all this time after surgery they are still concerned with potential re-injury.

Bakhtiari talked about how his ankle will never be as it was, and that it will require what I believe he called "maintenance" for as long as he continues to play. Montgomery seems a lot worse than Bakhtiari ever was.

Packer hamstring --> Packer ankle.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Binford, and it might not even be close. Hopefully, they can teach him to play football.
    A nice little article about Harvey Binford. He ran a 4.22 in the 40 during an intramural competition at the University of Missouri-St. Louis on his second attempt. His first attempt was in the low 4.3's If he can field punts and has elusiveness (and not just speed), he might be a good PS candidate. He'll be fun to watch in the pre-season.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...cker/88004290/
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    LMGTFY

Nelson 4.51
    Janis 4.42
    Davis 4.41
    Adams 4.56
    Cobb 4.46

So I guess if you're taking straight line speed in shorts, it's Davis by a sliver. If you're talking a guy lined up with a CB playing press and a 9 route called, I'll take Nelson over anyone else on the team by 3-4 yards in a 40.
    Anyone have a weight/speed ratio or a height/speed ratio for each handy?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

The bad news is that we are now counting on two guys who have the dropsies (Adams and Janis) plus one that is one serious head injury away from retiring (Abby).
    Adams is looking like a bust; Janis has a 10 cent head - have to place our hope on Abby, b/c one thing is for sure - since JJ signed with SD, TT won't lift a finger to sign a vet.
    wist

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Adams is looking like a bust; Janis has a 10 cent head - have to place our hope on Abby, b/c one thing is for sure - since JJ signed with SD, TT won't lift a finger to sign a vet.
    I was having some worry about the homie Adams, mostly due to all the Caspers look alikes here hating on him in hope that their new great, White hope would show he had a brain. But now that you have called Adams a bust I am confident he will have a good season. This is cuz you my antidepressant popping friend make the right call about as much Johnny Manziel at a all night coke party.

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    OK , so what is the BIG STORY so far at Packers TC ?
    Your font size?

Gamblin' Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Anyone have a weight/speed ratio or a height/speed ratio for each handy?
    Nelson 107.8 (86th percentile)
    Janis 117.9 (97th percentile)
    Davis 98.5 (63rd percentile)
    Adams 98.1 (61st percentile)
    Cobb 93.1 (45th percentile)

Janis and Davis have very high agility scores as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I was having some worry about the homie Adams, mostly due to all the Caspers look alikes here hating on him in hope that their new great, White hope would show he had a brain. But now that you have called Adams a bust I am confident he will have a good season. This is cuz you my antidepressant popping friend make the right call about as much Johnny Manziel at a all night coke party.
    You been snorting tacos again??

"Bust" is a relative term... especially wrt to the Packers; b/c, no matter what, a guy like Adams is going to play b/c Ted won't do anything to upgrade the position from without. Because that is the case, Adams will have some receptions, some yards, and a few TD's - which the TT lovers and homers can hang their hat on. That said, he certainly isn't going to produce like other 2nd rounders we've had, i.e. Jordy and Jennings.

If you're only avenue of player procurement is the draft, you necessarily have to hit on enough of those guys at critical positions to contend. Adams, if he does bust, would be a big miss - especially when there are other WR's out there that were drafted around him that are producing big numbers, or showing big potential.

To me, we still look like a 2nd tier playoff team. Another likely "one and done" or a similar bouncing like last year.
    wist

Jordy had to play for 3 seasons before he became the player he is today so I believe you and others are too hasty in labeling Adams a bust. What veteran WR should Thompson had pursued? We all saw how James Jones disappeared last year once our opponents figured out he was slower than molasses in January.