Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Now cook makes another nice catch in same area

Gamblin' Rat
    Watching live twitter feed on practice. Cook and Monty coming out strong right away. Janis sounds terrible. Would they cut him to keep Adams, Abby, Davis, Monty?

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
    Not seeing Jake Ryan. Sam Barrington stepping back in with ones next to Martinez #PackersCamp

ITS THE BM LINEUP!

Eddie Lacy, Ty Montgomery and Jared Cook all back at practice #PackersCamp

Funny moment. One on ones over, Clay Matthews steps into passing drill to pick off pass intended for Ripkowski #PackersCamp

Bulaga appears to be resting again tonight, Spriggs getting work at RT. Had another good set of 1 on 1s

Lang and Barrington both in combo #PackersCamp

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
    Donny Barclay taking first center rep in no huddle. Haven't seen Tretter

Beautiful catch in seam by Cook in traffic. And we're off

During WR vs CB period before team no huddle, Abbrederis had another phenomenal one handed grab on sideline #PackersCamp

Packers making use of both snappers. Lovato snapping to Masthay; Schmitt, who worked out for GB this AM and signed, snapping to Mortell

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 57m57 minutes ago
    Lane Taylor helps open hole for Crockett TD on goal line

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 56m56 minutes ago
    Defense bites on fake to Lacy in goal line, 12 rolls out to hit Cook on uncontested TD

SECRET FOUTH ROUND FANTASY FOOTBALL SPECIAL PICK: JARED COOK
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

SECRET FOUTH ROUND FANTASY FOOTBALL SPECIAL PICK: JARED COOK
    Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Got it.
    There has been an update.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Monty had some dropsies as well.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 23m23 minutes ago
    Lots of tricks to help guys catch ball but hasn't done much good tonight. Cobb having big night but lots of drops otherwise.

Much is made of the WRs , but how do the CBs look ? What about the LBs ? Is anyone excelling on Special Teams ? What about Lacy / Starks , are they looking crisp and sharp ? Where not going to get the full story from Packers,com !

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

New DNPs: OL JC Tretter (illness), RT Bryan Bulaga (rest) #PackersCamp

Apparently the Packers have a bit of a problem at long snapper. Goode is gone as he git hurt and released last year. They signed Rick Lovato who was uneventful (and presumably successful) for the last month+.

But Packer Report said he had not nailed down the job in camp. So they brought in Jesse Schmitt from Purdue. His first practice? Hurt his hand and missed the rest of practice.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...ing-challenger

Apparently the Packers have a bit of a problem at long snapper. Goode is gone as he git hurt and released last year. They signed Rick Lovato who was uneventful (and presumably successful) for the last month+.

But Packer Report said he had not nailed down the job in camp. So they brought in Jesse Schmitt from Purdue. His first practice? Hurt his hand and missed the rest of practice.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...ing-challenger
    Is Goode's injury career threatening?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Is Goode's injury career threatening?
    He tore his ACL, and unfortunately for him, his contract was up at the end of the year. GB didn't release him, just haven't resigned him...yet.
    JSO had an article early this summer that said he probably can play this year, perhaps even from the start of the season, but wouldn't play during TC.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 56m56 minutes ago
    Defense bites on fake to Lacy in goal line, 12 rolls out to hit Cook on uncontested TD
    lol...it's not like the d doesn't know EVERY FKN PLAY THE O RUNS! nice though.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m9 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I thought Jared, Ty & Sam did some really good things yesterday. Jared Cook made some really good catches in the red zone.

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 9m9 minutes ago
    #Packers coach Mike McCarthy: "Jared Cook made some excellent catches, particularly in the red zone. It was great to have him out there."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8m8 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Cook: Gives us another big target. He fits the way we want to play. It was good to get him out there. He's off to a good start.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 9m9 minutes ago
    McCarthy on TEs: Game-planning falls into that. He don’t have enough TEs, you don’t have enough OLBS, that body type. Gives you versatility.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m8 minutes ago
    McCarthy on 3 PUP returnees: Plan was limited team. Frankly, I think coaches got a little carried away. Probably practiced more than like.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Looking at injury of new LS Jesse Schmitt. I don’t have anything for you.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I thought Sam (Barrington) did some good things. He was flying around in the half-line drills. He's an impactful player.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m5 minutes ago
    McCarthy: After Cleveland we’ll be in an in-season schedule. Only difference is it’s a six-day week instead of a seven-day week.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Man, it sure sounds like Jeff Janis is not long for Packerland. I would be disappointed, but I guess whatever is best for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Man, it sure sounds like Jeff Janis is not long for Packerland. I would be disappointed, but I guess whatever is best for the team.
    I suspect his ST prowess will ensure he makes the team not unlike Jarrett Bush did all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I suspect his ST prowess will ensure he makes the team not unlike Jarrett Bush did all those years.
    i don't know about that anymore. if davis or allison clearly have better camps than him i think he's gone.

For whatever reason a lot of us have had a soft spot for Jeff. But it doesn't sound like he is improving like I hoped he would. Maybe Allison or Davis can step up. Still not crazy about Adams but if he improves over last year....which wouldn't be hard then I can live with it.

This is early preseason. Nothing means a whole lot until preseason games start and they get deeper into the camp schedule. Early camp phenoms often fade, and many times players come on late in camp to stand out in the last few preseason games.

Nothing about this reflects well on McCarthy or to a lesser extent, Rodgers.

Yes, just about every receiver except Janis was hurt last year. But more and more it seems like the Packer offense is setup up in such a highly tuned way that simple player losses have exaggerated effects. That 2015 offense after Week 5 was as bad as Rodgers first year starting, maybe worse.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...offensive-ills

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood
    Now Allison jumps over three #Packers defenders in back end zone, catching his second TD from Aaron Rodgers. Watch out for him in preseason.

Ladies and gentleman, your new UDFA crush.