Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wilde Twitter:

#Packers coach Mike McCarthy says TE Jared Cook (foot), ILB Sam Barrington (foot), WR Ty Montgomery (ankle) are off PUP and will practice.
    This is excellent news. Unfortunately I won't see them play much until the regular season starts seeing I am no longer in WI (we have returned to FL after spending 10 weeks in GB) and these preseason games won't be shown nationally.

Next M3 "setback" comment coming in 3... 2...
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

i have a feeling Cobb will be the packers most productive wr this year. He was not himself last year. He's had healthy legs all offseason and had time to heal his shoulder. He's going to be 100% this year. Jordys knee will take a little out of him. Still a good player, but Cobb is in his absolute prime and had healthy legs so I predict 1000 yards for jordy and 1200 for Cobb with Abby and Adams and monty splitting up 1500 between whoevers hot. We Won't see much Janis or that rookie. Janis is a rock head and the rookie is a rookie.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Gamblin' Rat
    Watching live twitter feed on practice. Cook and Monty coming out strong right away. Janis sounds terrible. Would they cut him to keep Adams, Abby, Davis, Monty?

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
    Not seeing Jake Ryan. Sam Barrington stepping back in with ones next to Martinez #PackersCamp

ITS THE BM LINEUP!

Eddie Lacy, Ty Montgomery and Jared Cook all back at practice #PackersCamp

Funny moment. One on ones over, Clay Matthews steps into passing drill to pick off pass intended for Ripkowski #PackersCamp

Bulaga appears to be resting again tonight, Spriggs getting work at RT. Had another good set of 1 on 1s

Lang and Barrington both in combo #PackersCamp

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
    Donny Barclay taking first center rep in no huddle. Haven't seen Tretter

Beautiful catch in seam by Cook in traffic. And we're off

During WR vs CB period before team no huddle, Abbrederis had another phenomenal one handed grab on sideline #PackersCamp

Packers making use of both snappers. Lovato snapping to Masthay; Schmitt, who worked out for GB this AM and signed, snapping to Mortell

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 57m57 minutes ago
    Lane Taylor helps open hole for Crockett TD on goal line

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 56m56 minutes ago
    Defense bites on fake to Lacy in goal line, 12 rolls out to hit Cook on uncontested TD

SECRET FOUTH ROUND FANTASY FOOTBALL SPECIAL PICK: JARED COOK
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 53m53 minutes ago
    HHCD pops up pass intended for Rodgers. No DB in vicinity but was high enough to give defense a chance at pick

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 51m51 minutes ago
    Appears Flores has dropped out. I think that leaves Barclay and Rotheram as center options #PackersCamp

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 45m45 minutes ago
    Davante Adams goes up and snags nice pass from 12 In middle of end zone. Now Cook makes another nice catch in same area

FRESNO STATE! FRESNO STATE! FRESNO STATE!

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 43m43 minutes ago
    Montgomery looks quick and explosive in first practice back. Seems confident

I AM NOT CHEERING FOR STANFORD

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 40m40 minutes ago
    Jared Cook catching everything so far. Rodgers looking to him often in red zone

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 26m26 minutes ago
    Mason Crosby 6 for 7 (33, 41L, 43R, 44R, 45L, 53R). Missed from 48. Alternated with Masthay and Mortell holding. Lovato snapping

THAT DEMI LOVATO IS MULTI-TAENTED

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 21m21 minutes ago
    Rodgers to Cook again in seam. Stop me if you've heard this before. Earlier, Rollins made nice grab on pass for what looked like INT

SECRET THIRD ROUND FANTASY FOOTBALL SPECIAL PICK: JARED COOK
    PLUS BONUS QUENTIN ROLLINS BAND MENTION

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 17m17 minutes ago
    Brilliant pass from Rodgers to Cobb 20 yards down field with Cobb coming on a cross. Microscopic window
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-09-2016 at 08:43 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

SECRET FOUTH ROUND FANTASY FOOTBALL SPECIAL PICK: JARED COOK
    Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Got it.
    There has been an update.

Now cook makes another nice catch in same area

Monty had some dropsies as well.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 23m23 minutes ago
    Lots of tricks to help guys catch ball but hasn't done much good tonight. Cobb having big night but lots of drops otherwise.

Much is made of the WRs , but how do the CBs look ? What about the LBs ? Is anyone excelling on Special Teams ? What about Lacy / Starks , are they looking crisp and sharp ? Where not going to get the full story from Packers,com !

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Apparently the Packers have a bit of a problem at long snapper. Goode is gone as he git hurt and released last year. They signed Rick Lovato who was uneventful (and presumably successful) for the last month+.

But Packer Report said he had not nailed down the job in camp. So they brought in Jesse Schmitt from Purdue. His first practice? Hurt his hand and missed the rest of practice.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...ing-challenger

New DNPs: OL JC Tretter (illness), RT Bryan Bulaga (rest) #PackersCamp

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 56m56 minutes ago
    Defense bites on fake to Lacy in goal line, 12 rolls out to hit Cook on uncontested TD
    lol...it's not like the d doesn't know EVERY FKN PLAY THE O RUNS! nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Anyone else getting more worried about Montgomery?

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...-ankle-surgery
    Yep. I have moved from 6 week PUP to a lost year forecast. And I think the chances this ends a career have gone up too. The complete lockdown on information is suggestive that its bad and they are giving the player time.
    Okay, everybody can exhale now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Okay, everybody can exhale now.
    Still hoping out for the next practice.

Bobby from the GBPG @ JSO
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ebut/88461712/

Thumbs down

Coach Mike McCarthy’s seventh practice in pads since camp began 15 days ago contained 77 plays of 11-on-11 competition. It was a hot but almost windless night, and both Rodgers and his teammates on offense probably were as sharp as they have been all summer. He was rifling the ball all over the yard, and often times the passes were deadly accurate. Once again, however, WR Jeff Janis had almost no production. Of his six targeted throws, Janis’ lone catch was on a bubble screen. On his second-to-last attempt, Janis ran some type of hook on second-and-8 but CB Randall Jette shouldered inside of him and intercepted Joe Callahan’s pass. His last target came on third-and=3 to begin an all-out blitz period. Lined up wide left, Janis ran an inside-breaking route and the pass from Rodgers fell inconplete at the first-down marker. Rodgers didn’t appear to say anything, but his body language suggested that he wasn’t happy with the route. With Jordy Nelson still sidelined and Ty Montgomery sitting out until Tuesday night, Janis in some ways has squandered an opportunity to establish himself as a player to reckon with on offense.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m9 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I thought Jared, Ty & Sam did some really good things yesterday. Jared Cook made some really good catches in the red zone.

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 9m9 minutes ago
    #Packers coach Mike McCarthy: "Jared Cook made some excellent catches, particularly in the red zone. It was great to have him out there."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8m8 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Cook: Gives us another big target. He fits the way we want to play. It was good to get him out there. He's off to a good start.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 9m9 minutes ago
    McCarthy on TEs: Game-planning falls into that. He don’t have enough TEs, you don’t have enough OLBS, that body type. Gives you versatility.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m8 minutes ago
    McCarthy on 3 PUP returnees: Plan was limited team. Frankly, I think coaches got a little carried away. Probably practiced more than like.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Looking at injury of new LS Jesse Schmitt. I don’t have anything for you.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I thought Sam (Barrington) did some good things. He was flying around in the half-line drills. He's an impactful player.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m5 minutes ago
    McCarthy: After Cleveland we’ll be in an in-season schedule. Only difference is it’s a six-day week instead of a seven-day week.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Man, it sure sounds like Jeff Janis is not long for Packerland. I would be disappointed, but I guess whatever is best for the team.

For whatever reason a lot of us have had a soft spot for Jeff. But it doesn't sound like he is improving like I hoped he would. Maybe Allison or Davis can step up. Still not crazy about Adams but if he improves over last year....which wouldn't be hard then I can live with it.