Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NOTABLE TRAINING CAMP NOTHINGS FROM PACKER PRESS IN REGARDS TO WR's

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ^ But he did quite well on the Wonderlic I believe. That test is not the be all and end all of intelligence, but he has something percolating beneath his scalp. He's clearly absorbed and used complex information before.
    I took the wonderlic and did quite well myself. Doesn't mean I can read a defense on the fly while a guy is bumping me at the line. Rodgers is probably the perfect QB for him though. He seems to excel on broken plays or plays extended by Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I took the wonderlic and did quite well myself. Doesn't mean I can read a defense on the fly while a guy is bumping me at the line. Rodgers is probably the perfect QB for him though. He seems to excel on broken plays or plays extended by Rodgers.
    I think it means you should be able to be taught though.

I might be assuming too much. He clearly was one of the most gifted athletes playing at his level, so he didn't need much in the way of detail or technique. Maybe applying discipline to his technique and his reads is too much at once. But this is going on Year 4. Something should have shaken loose.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It doesn't help him when Rodgers pouts. Janis is a special talent, they NEED to find a way to help him figure things out. Everyone learns differently, some people are very hands on. Maybe Janis needs to learn in game type situations. The other possibility is maybe he will never get it. I hope that's not the case as imo he's a better talent than Adams.
    If 11 on 11 drills are not 'game type' enough for him, all in favor of putting Janis in games that count raise their hand. Thought so, 1...Jeff, you don't get a vote!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I took the wonderlic and did quite well myself.
    You know it's not a 1 to 10 scale, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Again, this part makes no sense either. The coaches will not sit their best players just because they are rookies.

It sounds like Davis is doing some great things in camp so far. It will be a matter of how quickly he picks up the whole playbook and the concepts of the Packer offense. I can't think of a better year to be a rookie WR on the Packers. Last year the offense was the main problem and the WR corp was average at best.

If you can come in a show that you are better than Adams, Monty, Abby and Janis you are the starting 3rd WR in GB. That is assuming Nelson comes back at full strength.
    +1 and then some. Greg Jennings started week 1 as a rookie, and didn't look back for 6 years. He's not going to be a starter because he would have to beat out Cobb instead of Ferguson, but he could be the #3 week 1 if he has that good a camp.

I'll take the green kool-aid please.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

i thought they were going to dummy things down this year...remember that? as for davis doing well and sitting...that'll never happen. janis sits because he's not good enough. not because of some policy or vendetta. they'll put the best ones out there regardless of tenure. just look at the secondary over the years. babies end up starting and staying, or they end up replaced by other babies.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    janis is bigger but not smarter. see ya jj!
    Jeff's ST play will secure him a roster spot not unlike Jerrett Bush did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    This is ridiculous. How did the Packers offense go in 2014 or before? Janis never contributed in any meaningful way and yet we were top 5 in offense every year.

We missed three things last year. 1. A true #1 WR in Jordy Nelson. 2. A running attack and not a fat slug. 3. ARod's pinpoint accuracy was off.
    This fascination with Janis by the fans and the media is crazy. The kid is big and fast but if he has problems reading what the defense is doing he's gonna always struggle in this offense. From what I can garner from afar the receivers have to be in a certain spot according to what the defense is doing. Too bad we can't put Janis' body with Abby's brain...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I might be assuming too much. He clearly was one of the most gifted athletes playing at his level, so he didn't need much in the way of detail or technique. Maybe applying discipline to his technique and his reads is too much at once. But this is going on Year 4. Something should have shaken loose.
    Just going on Year 3 for Janis, isn't it? Considering Janis' background, that might be comparable to year 2 for a guy from a big time program.

Janis will take patience. Donald Driver was mostly a nonfactor until his 4th year.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Just going on Year 3 for Janis, isn't it? Considering Janis' background, that might be comparable to year 2 for a guy from a big time program.

Janis will take patience. Donald Driver was mostly a nonfactor until his 4th year.
    You are right. Makes me feel a little better. Just a little though.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    You know it's not a 1 to 10 scale, right?
    I failed the math section

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Jeff's ST play will secure him a roster spot not unlike Jerrett Bush did in the past.
    true unless one of the noobs shows promise there too.

Blog Entries
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I don't think there was ever a lot of doubt about his talent to contribute, just his durability. So far, in his first two seasons he has only heightened that concern. If he can get through camp without having to be held out of games, he will put a lot of pressure on Adams, Janis and Davis. If he can't, I think he will have a tough time making the roster unless Montgomery starts on PUP, and/or other WRs go down. Janis was such a beast on STs last year that I can't see him not making the opening roster. Davis has already shown it could be hard to get him to the practice squad. That leaves Adams..........

Blog Entries
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

My personal opinion: I think they'll stash Monty on PUP for 6 weeks or however long until healthy, and defer the problem until then.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Weakest link? Haha!! Says the dumbass who can't even embed a video link after all these years!

I tried to trade you to a Pats forum cuz that's what you wanted but at this point I'm just hoping the Browns offer next year's rookie janitor in exchange for you and Red.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    My personal opinion: I think they'll stash Monty on PUP for 6 weeks or however long until healthy, and defer the problem until then.
    Barring any injuries, this is what I think will happen. Better safe than sorry, all that. Montgomery will say he's feeling much better but he has to listen to the coaches and doctors, etc. etc.

The big key may not be Janis so much as Abbrederis. IF he can stay healthy, it sure seems like he's the real deal.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack