Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
I don't know if Rodgers is productive with Janis (at this point I doubt anything is), but it doesn't sound like pouting. He gave each of the receivers a reminder of what they just saw and what they should do if they see it again. Including Janis.

Though I am still concerned there is a McCarthy offense (which worried me because "fundamentals", no-huddle and Schottenheimer-itis) and a Rodgers version of that offense.

The Janis as a talent question is bigger than Rodgers: what kind of offense are you running that the best athletic talent you have had since Sterling Sharpe at WR cannot be incorporated. He's not dumb but they haven't figured it out. Heads should roll on the staff for this.
That's just it, Janis isn't a dumb guy. Maybe he doesn't have a good "feel" for the intricacies of pro football; but he certainly puts in a good effort, and his team mates have begun talking about how passionate he is about playing. He has a combination of speed, size and strength that is not common. By now the coaching staff should have figured out a way to make use of the physical talent he has. Maybe not for a lot of plays each game, but he should be able to contribute. Sometimes you have to modify what you do in order to use the players you have and what they are capable of.