Thread: NOTABLE TRAINING CAMP NOTHINGS FROM PACKER PRESS IN REGARDS TO WR's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    MORE NEWS from today. A couple thoughs

JANIS is nicknamed the chosen one by some reporters. Every time he catches the ball the crowd erupts in cheers. He's everybody's fave.

The Packers rook has looked as good or better than any WR on the team so far. Lots of press hype about the rook.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    MORE NEWS from today. A couple thoughs

JANIS is nicknamed the chosen one by some reporters. Every time he catches the ball the crowd erupts in cheers. He's everybody's fave.

The Packers rook has looked as good or better than any WR on the team so far. Lots of press hype about the rook.
    If I was there, I'd certainly be cheering Janis catch. If he plays up to his potential, that does more to upgrade the offense than basically anything other than Aaron Rodgers staying healthy. I hope Davis comes through big too, but I just bet they let him sit on the bench for a couple of years like Janis no matter how well he does.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    If I was there, I'd certainly be cheering Janis catch. If he plays up to his potential, that does more to upgrade the offense than basically anything other than Aaron Rodgers staying healthy. I hope Davis comes through big too, but I just bet they let him sit on the bench for a couple of years like Janis no matter how well he does.
    This is ridiculous. How did the Packers offense go in 2014 or before? Janis never contributed in any meaningful way and yet we were top 5 in offense every year.

We missed three things last year. 1. A true #1 WR in Jordy Nelson. 2. A running attack and not a fat slug. 3. ARod's pinpoint accuracy was off.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    This is ridiculous. How did the Packers offense go in 2014 or before? Janis never contributed in any meaningful way and yet we were top 5 in offense every year.

We missed three things last year. 1. A true #1 WR in Jordy Nelson. 2. A running attack and not a fat slug. 3. ARod's pinpoint accuracy was off.
    This fascination with Janis by the fans and the media is crazy. The kid is big and fast but if he has problems reading what the defense is doing he's gonna always struggle in this offense. From what I can garner from afar the receivers have to be in a certain spot according to what the defense is doing. Too bad we can't put Janis' body with Abby's brain...

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I hope Davis comes through big too, but I just bet they let him sit on the bench for a couple of years like Janis no matter how well he does.
    Again, this part makes no sense either. The coaches will not sit their best players just because they are rookies.

It sounds like Davis is doing some great things in camp so far. It will be a matter of how quickly he picks up the whole playbook and the concepts of the Packer offense. I can't think of a better year to be a rookie WR on the Packers. Last year the offense was the main problem and the WR corp was average at best.

If you can come in a show that you are better than Adams, Monty, Abby and Janis you are the starting 3rd WR in GB. That is assuming Nelson comes back at full strength.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Again, this part makes no sense either. The coaches will not sit their best players just because they are rookies.

It sounds like Davis is doing some great things in camp so far. It will be a matter of how quickly he picks up the whole playbook and the concepts of the Packer offense. I can't think of a better year to be a rookie WR on the Packers. Last year the offense was the main problem and the WR corp was average at best.

If you can come in a show that you are better than Adams, Monty, Abby and Janis you are the starting 3rd WR in GB. That is assuming Nelson comes back at full strength.
    +1 and then some. Greg Jennings started week 1 as a rookie, and didn't look back for 6 years. He's not going to be a starter because he would have to beat out Cobb instead of Ferguson, but he could be the #3 week 1 if he has that good a camp.

I'll take the green kool-aid please.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...