Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NOTABLE TRAINING CAMP NOTHINGS FROM PACKER PRESS IN REGARDS TO WR's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have not considered Janis to be someone the offense can feature, like Nelson or Cobb. However, the staff should be able to figure out a way to use Janis as a new wrinkle in the offense. Something else for a defense to think about. With everyone hurt and/or under performing at WR last year, I was astounded that there never was an attempt to work Janis in. He was the only receiver who was healthy at times, was their biggest WR, their fastest WR, and probably their strongest WR, yet there was no attempt to use him. It made no sense when everyone ahead of him was performing so poorly as it was.

^ But he did quite well on the Wonderlic I believe. That test is not the be all and end all of intelligence, but he has something percolating beneath his scalp. He's clearly absorbed and used complex information before.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ^ But he did quite well on the Wonderlic I believe. That test is not the be all and end all of intelligence, but he has something percolating beneath his scalp. He's clearly absorbed and used complex information before.
    I took the wonderlic and did quite well myself. Doesn't mean I can read a defense on the fly while a guy is bumping me at the line. Rodgers is probably the perfect QB for him though. He seems to excel on broken plays or plays extended by Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I took the wonderlic and did quite well myself. Doesn't mean I can read a defense on the fly while a guy is bumping me at the line. Rodgers is probably the perfect QB for him though. He seems to excel on broken plays or plays extended by Rodgers.
    I think it means you should be able to be taught though.

I might be assuming too much. He clearly was one of the most gifted athletes playing at his level, so he didn't need much in the way of detail or technique. Maybe applying discipline to his technique and his reads is too much at once. But this is going on Year 4. Something should have shaken loose.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I might be assuming too much. He clearly was one of the most gifted athletes playing at his level, so he didn't need much in the way of detail or technique. Maybe applying discipline to his technique and his reads is too much at once. But this is going on Year 4. Something should have shaken loose.
    Just going on Year 3 for Janis, isn't it? Considering Janis' background, that might be comparable to year 2 for a guy from a big time program.

Janis will take patience. Donald Driver was mostly a nonfactor until his 4th year.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Just going on Year 3 for Janis, isn't it? Considering Janis' background, that might be comparable to year 2 for a guy from a big time program.

Janis will take patience. Donald Driver was mostly a nonfactor until his 4th year.
    You are right. Makes me feel a little better. Just a little though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I took the wonderlic and did quite well myself.
    You know it's not a 1 to 10 scale, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    You know it's not a 1 to 10 scale, right?
    I failed the math section

i thought they were going to dummy things down this year...remember that? as for davis doing well and sitting...that'll never happen. janis sits because he's not good enough. not because of some policy or vendetta. they'll put the best ones out there regardless of tenure. just look at the secondary over the years. babies end up starting and staying, or they end up replaced by other babies.

Blog Entries
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Weakest link? Haha!! Says the dumbass who can't even embed a video link after all these years!

I tried to trade you to a Pats forum cuz that's what you wanted but at this point I'm just hoping the Browns offer next year's rookie janitor in exchange for you and Red.

My personal opinion: I think they'll stash Monty on PUP for 6 weeks or however long until healthy, and defer the problem until then.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    My personal opinion: I think they'll stash Monty on PUP for 6 weeks or however long until healthy, and defer the problem until then.
    Barring any injuries, this is what I think will happen. Better safe than sorry, all that. Montgomery will say he's feeling much better but he has to listen to the coaches and doctors, etc. etc.

The big key may not be Janis so much as Abbrederis. IF he can stay healthy, it sure seems like he's the real deal.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack