Thread: Reggie McKenzie Gets Extension

Reggie McKenzie Gets Extension

Mike Silver yet to issue an apology. In his defense, Reggie's teams haven't been above five hundred yet.

Pro Football Spot ‏@pfspot 14m14 minutes ago
    Raiders signed GM Reggie McKenzie to a four-year extension through 2020.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Raiders fan here in Cali are very excited about this season. The do have a good shot at their division IMO. Several have mentioned to me how they like McKenzie and believe he is taking them in the right direction. They like that he has that Packers winning background and that it shows in the steps they have taken forward.

Blog Entries
    He's done a good job taking an absolute mess of a roster/cap situation and completely cleaning it up with a young and pretty talented group that looks to be on the rise.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    He's done a good job taking an absolute mess of a roster/cap situation and completely cleaning it up with a young and pretty talented group that looks to be on the rise.
    On Defense they are set to be terrifying for a while. If he actually has a QB in Carr, they are going to have a run.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I am glad he is getting the opportunity to finish the job he started. He had more than just a roster to rebuild. Others have mentioned the salary cap. He also had to change, or build a front office staff and culture that had been only about Al Davis for 40 years. As strange as Davi ran the team for his last 10 years or so, I doubt he was attracting, or retaining the best staff.

his first couple of years were dicey but it's coming around.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I am glad he is getting the opportunity to finish the job he started. He had more than just a roster to rebuild. Others have mentioned the salary cap. He also had to change, or build a front office staff and culture that had been only about Al Davis for 40 years. As strange as Davi ran the team for his last 10 years or so, I doubt he was attracting, or retaining the best staff.
    The the salary cap mess swung both ways...he had to hack and slash to get rid of bad contract (DHB, McLain, Huff, Kelly, Palmer who wasn't working out) which resulted in a lot of dead money...over $40million, as high as $55M depending on where you get your numbers. They took the whole hit in one season, and went into the following year with a pile of cap space...too much, and iirc they had to overspend on some FAs just to hit the salary floor. McKenzie was smart about it though, and signed contracts that did not come back to haunt him.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Year was 2013. Look at this shit show of a salary cap, highest hit is McFadden playing out his old CBA rookie deal, next highest hit is the kicker Janikowski!

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/cap/2013/

Well, the highest cap hit was actually Richard Seymor,
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I heard that it was a pretty big extension.

"The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack