Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Road Trip

Road Trip

Hey Wisco locals. I'm buying a new truck out east next week (Maryland) and will be rolling over to GB a couple (?) few days after. Anyone interested in meeting for beer while I'm in the area? I'll probably hit New Glarus on the way up, maybe a couple Madison breweries as well then head for GB.
    C.H.U.D.

Keep hitting this thread with your location and itinerary. I have some obligations on the 3rd and 4th but meeting up with Rats in Green Bay is not out of the question--I have kids in Oconto I could visit on a swing north.

Also, Sheboygan is right on I43 between Milwaukee and Green Bay. The Three Sheeps Brewery here in Sheboygan http://www.3sheepsbrewing.com/brewery/tap-room/ has a tap room now and some outstanding brews. Our lakefront is pretty cool, and you might see sailboarders in the surf.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I can roll on in.
    C.H.U.D.

I'd be happy to Sheboyganize my day to hang w/you two...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

that would be cool. good luck.

Mike! Hell yes.
    C.H.U.D.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This has all the makings of one of those 20/20 or Dateline murder specials.

Freak - I know a hole that large will take a while to dig but can you stop by and whack Harlan too?

In Athens Ohio tonight. Went to Jackie O's and Little Fish. Great stuff. Columbus Tomorrow?
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    Where did you bury the prostitute?

Iron Mike have you been to 52 Stafford in Plymouth?

Last Tuesday I had three pints of Guinness and a five dollar burger that was amazing. Very pleasant upscale Irish atmosphere. No Mexicans, but they did offer jalapenos as a burger topping so that qualifies as celebrating diversity in my book.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Spent a couple days in Chicago and have to head home for a couple days. Will return on Wednesday and head north to Wisconsin then. Will update upon my return. FYI: Three Floyds in Munster was insane.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Iron Mike have you been to 52 Stafford in Plymouth?

Last Tuesday I had three pints of Guinness and a five dollar burger that was amazing. Very pleasant upscale Irish atmosphere. No Mexicans, but they did offer jalapenos as a burger topping so that qualifies as celebrating diversity in my book.
    Usually if I want to get my Irish on, I go to County Clare in MKE....

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    I'll probably hit New Glarus on the way up, maybe a couple Madison breweries as well then head for GB.
    New Glarus is near and dear to my heart. I went with a group of friends to "Heidi Town" nearly every Sunday for brunch at one of those Swiss Chalet restaurants back in the 80s. Sunday morning ganja followed by an old world dining experience. I'm not religious but I am spiritual. I wish I could meet up with you, but my knees are working their way back to functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    Usually if I want to get my Irish on, I go to County Clare in MKE....

That place is full service. Good selection of beer, decent food and a hotel for when you should stay put instead of drive home.

There are a bunch of related ones in the state. Green Bay has one too: saintbrendansinn.com
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tried to warn you about Chino and Daddy G, but I can't seem to get to you through the US Mail.........

Maryland to Alaska?? Your truck will be worth $5,000 less by the time you get home.

I bought a boat in Maryland off of ebay and had a great drive out there and back over a weekend to get it. Pennsylvania was a lot nicer than I imagined.

You should stop by Rand's tonight......he can tell you to "fuck off" in person.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That place is full service. Good selection of beer, decent food and a hotel for when you should stay put instead of drive home.
    That, or walk the three blocks to where my Daughter lives, and pass out on her couch for free.

Ended up Driving up through Michigan and the UP, then over to my in-laws family farm in Minnesota. Only went through a small section of Wisco on the way to Duluth. Had a blast at the parks out west before making a stop in Bend at my youngest daughters place. Will head back down this Thursday for more fun.
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    But you still haven't said how many bodies you have buried along the way.

I can swing down to Cali and add another.
    C.H.U.D.