Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bosa still unsigned

Bosa will be a dud.

I doubt it. Bosa will be a solid, but unspectacular player, and play for like 10 years before retiring to anonymity.

PFT reporting still nothing happening, no talks or anything. This seems like such a lose-lose situation if they don't come to an agreement SOON. I think the team has more leverage because if both stand firm and he loses the season, he never gets the money back. The amount of egg on the GM's face for squandering a top 5 pick is not insignificant either though.

Gota love that they're selling his jersey at the NFL store! Didn't know they'd assigned him a number...

--
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Well they are using the heavy canon today. Chargers threatening to withdraw offer in PR statement about how wonderful his contract is. Bosa's agent is fighting back on Twitter.

San Diego Chargers ‏@Chargers
    Statement from the San Diego Chargers on defensive end Joey Bosa.

THERE ARE TWO DEAD GIVEAWAYS THAT THE CHARGERS ARE BULLSHITTING YOU IN THIS STATEMENT. SEE IF YOU AGREE.

Andrew Brandt @AndrewBrandt
    People, Joey Bosa is not sitting out the year out of spite over some deferred money. The Chargers know that and are leveraging it.

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 46m46 minutes ago
    Left unsaid is SD is trying to stick Bosa with a set of contractual terms no top 5 pick has agreed to post CBA
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Chargers friendly view: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...to-be-charger/

Their initial offer was to pay Bosa, the third overall pick in the draft, about 60 percent of his signing bonus by Dec. 31 and the rest by mid-March. That was commensurate with what fourth pick Ezekiel Elliott got from the Dallas Cowboys but less upfront cash than what every other top-seven pick received.
    Yes, Ayrault/Bosa has come off the offset language, but that was never going to be in play. Ayrault knew that. And, by the way, just two of this year’s other six top-seven picks do not have offset language.

Bosa's agent: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...presentatives/

We will say, that it is ironic that the team now takes issue with the timing of Joey’s arrival, since the Chargers unilaterally decided to remain silent for the first 14 days of training camp instead of replying in a timely fashion to the proposal we made on the eve of training camp on July 28th.

The Union Tribune article says AJ Smith got into these types of battles because he liked to do it. Claims Spanos is not of that tradition.

Does anyone know why the Mannings told the Chargers not to draft Eli?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

chargers are a joke

He should have pulled an Eli. I don't know why anyone would want to go play for those shit bag clowns

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Respectfully, I see some of what you're seeing but he was a clear stud in college that made the players around him better. We'll see if that translates to the pros. I think his athleticism numbers are clearly a cut above many other linemen.

You forget to mention a pretty BIG item of note...

Watt weighed 290 at the combine.

Bosa weighed 269.

Still think they are equal?
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Well, JJ Watt is the best defender is the league, so I highly doubt Joey Bosa will turn out to be that. Their combine performance was very similar. They were both dominant players in college. I really like Joey Bosa and would take him in a second. Put a little weight on him and you have a poor man's JJ Watt at the 3-4 DE.

For someone that has not even stepped onto a pro TC field , there sure is a lot of activity . The last time I saw so many guys jaws drop , Kathy Ireland was on the cover of Sports Illustrated .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Sign the contract, rook, and start showing you deserve it. Guys that hold out get hurt quite often.
    Sure seems that way, doesn't it? Bosa is likely out this week due to a hamstring problem:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...a-plays-week-1

.... and the hamstring continues to keep him on the sideline.
    Bosa has been declared out for week 2, and they are saying it is doubtful he will practice the upcoming week, so is unlikely to play next week.
    He has yet to even practice in pads.

Wow. Not a good way to start a career.
    C.H.U.D.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6h6 hours ago
    Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski will not play today vs. Dolphins due to hamstring injury, per source. http://es.pn/2cmxhmz

Stupid contract holdouts.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6h6 hours ago
    Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski will not play today vs. Dolphins due to hamstring injury, per source. http://es.pn/2cmxhmz

Stupid contract holdouts.
    Doesn't this guy know he was a 1st round pick in fantasy football?

Has all this hammy talk jinxed the Pack?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Has all this hammy talk jinxed the Pack?
    Burnett.

Burnett caught it from Matthews. It is highly contagious.

Looking pretty damn dominant tonight. This young man is going to be one heck of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Looking pretty damn dominant tonight. This young man is going to be one heck of a player.
    You beat me to the punch here. He looks like he's gonna be a good one.