Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Bosa still unsigned

I would be surprised if he wasn't a multi-time pro bowler based on how dominant he was in college. He was the straw that stirred the drink for OSU - the best player on a star studded team.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/11/16/n...gers-joey-bosa

I'm not the only one saying poor mans JJ Watt. This guy is going to be great if he keeps going on this path.

Joey Bosa was hands down, unquestionably the best rookie in football this year. Joe Thomas is on record as saying is a premier pass rusher and the best rookie he's ever played against.

This one was simple. Joey Bosa will be the 2nd best 3-4 DE in the league in a year or two. I kind of have to laugh at this thread. I only watched OSU a handful of times at the most but it was clear he was the best player... he was double or triple teamed often and he was STILL a beast!

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Joey Bosa was hands down, unquestionably the best rookie in football this year. Joe Thomas is on record as saying is a premier pass rusher and the best rookie he's ever played against.

This one was simple. Joey Bosa will be the 2nd best 3-4 DE in the league in a year or two. I kind of have to laugh at this thread. I only watched OSU a handful of times at the most but it was clear he was the best player... he was double or triple teamed often and he was STILL a beast!
    I kind of have to laugh at you. You don't even understand what this thread was about.

The subject of this thread was the contract controversy that kept Bosa out of camp. It had nothing to do with his talent. At most, side issues were that rookies who miss camp often seem to be set back in their development, and players who miss camp because of contract disputes often seem to have injury issues. (I say "seem" because we have no data to substantiate impressions about either issue.) The vast majority of the posts have been on topic. You were the one who wanted to divert the topic to a discussion about Bosa's talent. Most of the posts ignored you.

Now you come back and demean the purpose of the thread because Bosa has had a good year even after double-clutching at the start???? Why, has the contract issue changed, or been resolved with respect to the next draft class?

The thread has always been more about the basic contract issue than it ever was about a discussion of the player's talent. For the most part, the specific player was irrelevant to the issue.
    Last edited by Patler; 12-27-2016 at 05:41 AM.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar

Except for that pesky Ezekiel Elliot, you know, the rookie who's leading the league in rushing by a rather hefty amount. Oh yeah, and his rookie teammate, Prescott who is 3rd in the league in QB rating. Don't forget OL Jack Conklin who is one of the best T in the NFL (according to PFF). So other than those 3, I agree that Joey Bosa was hands down the best rookie in football this year.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Yup, he won't even win Rookie of the Year.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I kind of have to laugh at you. You don't even understand what this thread was about.
    Exactly right (source: am OP)
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Sorry Patty, but perhaps you should review the off-topic posts discussing his potential, etc on page 1, 2 and 3 of this thread. There are numerous posts saying he'll be a bust, that he's selfish, that he's gonna be an average at best player, etc. Not ALL threads stay 100% on topic.

Sorry Patty, but perhaps you should review the off-topic posts discussing his potential, etc on page 1, 2 and 3 of this thread. There are numerous posts saying he'll be a bust, that he's selfish, that he's gonna be an average at best player, etc. Not ALL threads stay 100% on topic.
    I don't need to review anything. I acknowledged there were a few such posts, as I said the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by patler
    The vast majority of the posts have been on topic. You were the one who wanted to divert the topic to a discussion about Bosa's talent. Most of the posts ignored you.
    Perhaps you should review the reason the thread was started, and what the majority of the posts are about. Do you dispute that the vast majority of posts are on topic, in spite of your effort to take it another direction?

....and now you come here and demean the thread in general.

Overall, I would put the claim that he is UNQUESTIONABLY the best rookie in football this year as slightly more laughable than this thread.

That isn't to say that Bosa isn't worthy of being in the argument...but he's not head and shoulders above all other rookies.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Since, as Patler pointed out, this thread's been mucked up, I'm going to go full bore and axe how that other safety that the Packers could've chosen instead of Clinton-Dix (the guy from Louisville, the heavy hitter) is doing so far in the NFL?

Lots of fans on this very site were pissed that Ted went for the "soft" pick once again, so I wonder how the tough guy is doing.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I believe you mean Calvin Pryor with the J-E-T-S. Was taken a few picks before Dix was.

All Pryor can do is help stop the run, has a whopping 2 INTs in nearly 3 seasons, was graded by Pro Football Focus as the 4th worst Safety in the league at the midway point last season.

This year it doesn't sound too good either. There's this gem from PFF about the Jets week 15 matchup against the Dolphins:

Calvin Pryor a liability. Pryor, the Jets former first-round safety was an absolute mess with his pursuit angles against the shifty Dolphins receivers. He started by overrunning a dig route to DeVante Parker on a key third down on the Dolphins first scoring drive. Then he fell on his face on yet another route coming across this middle, this time from Jarvis Landry, on a 31-yard catch and run on the Dolphins first scoring drive in the third quarter. Pryor capped it off by being unable to chase down Landry again running a slant across his face when he was playing middle of the field safety.

Pryor is not all that great. He's pretty much a JAG.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Ted likes soft players!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Where is Vince Young lately. That guy has "it".