Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BEER : Post your opinions !

Smile BEER : Post your opinions !

There are as many opinions about Beer as there are brands of Beer.

As for me , I like to drink Miller High Life , but I invite all to post your pictures , stories , and views here in this thread .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    As for me , I like to drink Miller High Life , .
    What does that have to do with your stated topic of "BEER"?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    IPAs in general don't appeal to me. I'm not a big fan of hoppy beer.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    IPAs in general don't appeal to me. I'm not a big fan of hoppy beer.
    I like dark beers. I love Spotted Cow--New Glarus Brewery's Wisconsin-only smash hit. I saw a lot of beer snobs touting IPA's with Charles Emerson Winchester III certainty.

Tried them--don't like them. I don't mind bitter and hoppy lagers, but the IPA's I tried tasted like a grapefruit shandy.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Sierra Nevada has a really nice brown ale and stout out right now, as well as a rye and some lighter ales. Nice combo package.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    I like dark beers. I love Spotted Cow--New Glarus Brewery's Wisconsin-only smash hit. I saw a lot of beer snobs touting IPA's with Charles Emerson Winchester III certainty.

Tried them--don't like them. I don't mind bitter and hoppy lagers, but the IPA's I tried tasted like a grapefruit shandy.
    I love their Spotted Cow also. The Two Ladies is great also. Just hard to find anywhere but at the brewery. I always pick up 12 when we go through New Glarus.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I love their Spotted Cow also. The Two Ladies is great also. Just hard to find anywhere but at the brewery. I always pick up 12 when we go through New Glarus.
    Hard to find? Really?

Mr. Patler , you find it easy to comment on others , do you have the courage to reveal what Beer you regularly drink ?

Mr. Patler , you find it easy to comment on others , do you have the courage to reveal what Beer you regularly drink ?
    I'm not a regular beer drinker and don't have one that I drink routinely. When I buy beer, I most often go to a liquor store that allows mixing six packs of the beers in their very large collection from small craft and micro breweries, so I will get 6 different beers. I try to get ones I haven't tried before. My enjoyment of beer is more in sampling different beers, not drinking any one on a regular basis. If I drink more than one at a time, which isn't often, I rarely drink two of the same beer.

Like Craig, I don't much like IPAs or light colored hoppy beers, and won't intentionally buy them. I do like most dark beers, including some that are a bit hoppy. A couple years ago, I tried some sours made with wild yeasts and fermented in wooden barrels (e.g., lambics and the like). I really like them and buy them now when I can find them. New Glarus has made a few sours over the years (Raspberry Tart and Serendipity) and just recently opened a dedicated brewery for making just sours. I am looking forward to what comes from them in the future. Buying most sours is more like buying wine than like buying beer, individual 750ml bottles at about $10 each. Some of the European breweries bottle their sours in six packs for the US market.

As for my comment to you, just teasing since I'm not much into the beers coming from the large scale brewery processes. Mrs. Patler, however, drinks Miller Lite and Michelob Ultra. My comment to Thunder Dan was surprise, since I have no problem finding Spotted Cow, Two Women, or most of the year-around New Glarus beers, I think Dan is in or near Middleton, and I would have thought could find them easily in the Madison area.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    As for my comment to you, just teasing since I'm not much into the beers coming from the large scale brewery processes.
    I understood that , but you were posting on others without putting forth something that could be commented on as well.

I also sample new brews from time to time , but am not a daily Beer drinker either . I do enjoy a cold one or three with a good meal , during football games, or social get together's . If my regular brand is not available , then I like the dark beers like Guinness . Fish and Chips are just not as good without a cold Beer or two .

I understood that , but you were posting on others without putting forth something that could be commented on as well.

I also sample new brews from time to time , but am not a daily Beer drinker either . I do enjoy a cold one or three with a good meal , during football games, or social get together's . If my regular brand is not available , then I like the dark beers like Guinness . Fish and Chips are just not as good without a cold Beer or two .
    Huh? I made absolutely no comment at all about anyone's beer preferences. I teased you and expressed surprise that Dan has trouble finding the New Glarus beers. I had made no other posts in here.

It is rare for me to drink more than a single beer. I have no regular choice at all. If I decide to have a beer when we go out, I usually ask what they have on tap and have whatever strikes my fancy at the time, or I look at their beer list and pick something I haven't had in a while, or ever. At home, I typically have available only single bottles of different beers unless I go for Mrs. Patlers stash.

I don't automatically have a beer with any meal choice (I know some who find it difficult to eat pizza without a beer, for example.) I don't routinely drink beer watching sports, or at picnics, or at events or social situations of any type. Having a beer is sort of a spontaneous thing for me, triggered by nothing in particular. I doubt I drink a six pack/month on average.

Beer is immeasurably inferior to marijuana in every way
    wist

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Beer is immeasurably inferior to marijuana in every way
    Shit you actually making sense on this thread mofo! But sometimes I do like have a few Dos Equis or Modelos with a fat spliff.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Quit being such a cliquish lil snatch. That thread is from a year ago. This ain't the library pendejo!

hey, the dumb fuck wants to know about beer (along with obviously wanting to run the site and poach our FF players), well, there's 28 pages of peoples beer preferences in that thread.

everything you could ever want to know about what we think

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Hard to find? Really?
    Spotted Cow you can find in gas stations. But Two Ladies is hard to find. I golf at Edelweiss golf club a fair amount and you have to drive right past the brewery.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    hey, the dumb fuck wants to know about beer (along with obviously wanting to run the site and poach our FF players), well, there's 28 pages of peoples beer preferences in that thread.

everything you could ever want to know about what we think
    Do you believe that length of forum membership entitles you call people names or is it just the courage that not having to actually stand face to face with another person as you spew your garbage affords ? New members should post new threads and bring some fresh topics that attract posters and even maybe new forum members too . A friendly thread topic like "Beer" is not any personal inquiry to learn about the subject , but a place where members can post on a topic / refreshment that many enjoy.

This forums Fantasy League , as well as other forums , enjoy the sponsorship of a forum. They usually don't have a problem filling their ranks, so offering an alternative or even a 2nd or 3rd league where members may want to participate should not be a problem . In fact, if it were considered "poaching" I believe that the moderators in this good forum would have already said so and acted on it as they felt necessary. If you don't want to read about or participate in The Tailgaters Fantasy Football League , then don't , but don't attack me or any other forum member that do .

Right here, baby....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png