Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BEER : Post your opinions !

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I've started going away from beer and more towards mixed drinks, usually with whiskey or vodka. I find more enjoyment sampling those than finding a new beer. But to each their own.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Potosi Cave Ale is great. Spotted Cow as well.

Hoppy beers are fantastic. Hopalicious from Ale Asylum. Hopdinger from O'so.

Also Central Waters Mudpuppy Porter is fantastic.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Looking forward to Oktoberfest beers showing uo on shelves soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Looking forward to Oktoberfest beers showing uo on shelves soon.

Yes, I agree .

Right now my Brother and his wife are touring Scotland and Ireland . He does very well and can easily afford it, I wish I could . They will bring home gifts for all the family/relations though. I collect Shot Glasses and they know it . In addition they will share stacks of pictures that will mean more to them than they ever will to me . They expect to sample the Pubs and gather their impressions. I'm fine with it all , but it's not anything like going somewhere yourself .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I've started going away from beer and more towards mixed drinks, usually with whiskey or vodka. I find more enjoyment sampling those than finding a new beer. But to each their own.
    I simply started adding beer to vodka habit a few years ago. There's no reason you have to choose. Beer is for daytime hydration. Then I have vodka with diner. I drink Busch. Because my neighbor gets 15 30 packs every three or four weeks, so I pay him and drink his. And it tastes a little like apples. If I get fancy, I drink Blue Moon. But it's thick so it makes me tired.

I have nothing against all the little beers, but I just don't really care enough to try them. I'm not drinking it for the flavor.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    According to this report, 12 of the top 20 Drunkest Cities in America are in Wisconsin . It says a lot for the quality of Wisconsin Beers, yet I'd hate to be a Wisconsin State Trooper that had to preside over the Drunk Driving Accidents/Fatalities .

Please, Drink Responsibility

Based on a self-reporting survey? People in WI are just more honest....

IMO, Beer is a drink that invites nearly as many opinions as their are different beers . It's a matter of personal taste and preference weather someone likes beer or not. Then if you like beer, it comes next to what taste good to you and not the next fellow .

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    A few years ago, I went the same way. There is a lot to be said for a really well done Martini.

Just spent a few weeks in Europe...mainly Belgium, France and the Netherlands. Started off at the Borefts Beer festival. The USA beer scene is red hot but the traditions in Northern Europe are so great. The sours and lambics...all the great Belgium beers. Yum.
    C.H.U.D.

Spring has sprung . Spring and Summer brews are showing up at the stores .

What specialties do you look for at this time of the year ?

Rad, small micro brew out of Minneapolis: Surly. Highly recommend their Furious IPA, Todd The Axeman double IPA, and CynicAle. Only thing I don't like from them is their lager, but I'm not a huge fan of lagers - you may like it though.

Unfortunately for you (from VA?) my favorites are all micro brews for the most part. I am a hipster with beer (and beer alone). My favorite beer is Alaska's Midnight sun. Fallen Angel is a very good golden ale, Pleasuretown and sockeye are great IPA's (pleasuretown edges sockeye), and the Panty Peeler Tripel is good. The later is light but will get you buzzed boasting an 8.5% ABV.

In terms of normal run of the mill summer beers, nothing can quite replace a corona and lime on the beach
    Life deals you a lot lessons, some people learn from it, some people don't.

I don't like hoppy, wheaty beers. I like stouts and brown ales. My go to beer is the Left Hand Milk Stout. I like the Surly Bender the most among the Surly beers.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I don't like hoppy, wheaty beers. I like stouts and brown ales. My go to beer is the Left Hand Milk Stout. I like the Surly Bender the most among the Surly beers.
    You need to try Surly Darkness. Imperial stout and 100% amazing. Also Surly 10 is pretty damn good.

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    I enjoy beer, but mostly stick to single malt scotch. I need to get schnockered without having to go to the john every five seconds.

It's Back

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ Bill Brasky?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The hills are alive...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck