Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HOF Game

HOF Game

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...game/88272320/

It's possible that neither Rogers nor Hundley will play Sunday. Yikes. Fortunately I still have the Packer Family Night on my DVR to watch.

Ya, this kind a sucks for Hundley. It looked like he would have a great opportunity with 5 preseason games this year, and then he hurts his ankle. Hopefully it isn't a case of Montgomery Ankle.

It does give the other 2 youngsters a chance to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I don't really care about them right now. I hope to never see them this year.
    I hope not to see Hundley either, but fully expect that we will. I am anxious to see if last preseason was a fluke or not.

Click and Clack? I haven't followed who they dredged up for camp fodder this year. (Probably be starters in November. Just kidding, I hope.)

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Ya, this kind a sucks for Hundley.
    Fuck Hundley. What about my needs?!

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Joe Callahan, Wesley College, Division III

I realize he's playing against inferior (non-NFL) competition, but just looking at his athleticism and his arm, he's got some potential. He threw for 5,000 yards last season. I can see why the Packers were interested. I hope he has some time to setup and throw. I want to see his arm.

Marquise Williams, UNC, started 33 games for the Tar Heels. He has some intriguing athleticism, and can throw the ball. He was definitely worth a look.

Fingers crossed about Hundley's ankle, but since this and the last pre-season games are by far the least meaningful, if it's only one week, so much the better to not take any chances. You just hope nothing happens with these two guys. Paging Matt Flynn!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

a stupid exhibition game that needs to be eliminated. kill half the preseason and the pro-bowl while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    a stupid exhibition game that needs to be eliminated. kill half the preseason and the pro-bowl while you're at it.

Definitely agree on the pro bowl.

For pre-season, season ticket holders get jobbed bad. I mostly agree on getting rid of half. With the severe limitations on off season and even training camp activities, it might have become a little more important.

Regarding playing in the hall of fame game. It's actually good for the team to see all the young guys who a borderline on making the team. That's pretty much all it is good for.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I don't really care about them right now. I hope to never see them this year.
    I hope not to see Hundley either, but fully expect that we will. I am anxious to see if last preseason was a fluke or not.
    If one of them plays well this summer he might end up on the PS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    For pre-season, season ticket holders get jobbed bad. I mostly agree on getting rid of half. With the severe limitations on off season and even training camp activities, it might have become a little more important.

Regarding playing in the hall of fame game. It's actually good for the team to see all the young guys who a borderline on making the team. That's pretty much all it is good for.
    This in an annual discussion, maybe we should just bump an old thread and skip the posting. I agree that season ticket owners get screwed. But I have no empathy for others and am totally cool with that.

From the team's perspective, more games can only better prepare the team for the regular season. Injury risk? Just play the bubble boys and nut squad for 95% of the plays.

I half-watch preseason games till I fall asleep. I'd like to see 6 preseason games - one every weekend. No downside. Those who complain about shitty preseason football must lack the will to change the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    a stupid exhibition game that needs to be eliminated.
    no, no, no - all they need to do is move the kickoff to the 50 yard line and it will be more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    This in an annual discussion, maybe we should just bump an old thread and skip the posting. I agree that season ticket owners get screwed. But I have no empathy for others and am totally cool with that.

From the team's perspective, more games can only better prepare the team for the regular season. Injury risk? Just play the bubble boys and nut squad for 95% of the plays.

I half-watch preseason games till I fall asleep. I'd like to see 6 preseason games - one every weekend. No downside. Those who complain about shitty preseason football must lack the will to change the channel.
    Oh oh, we're mostly in agreement. I'm worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    no, no, no - all they need to do is move the kickoff to the 50 yard line and it will be more exciting.
    repped.

If one of them plays well this summer he might end up on the PS.
    One of them will likely end up on the practice squad even if neither one of them plays well. Heck, one might even make the final roster. If only 2 QBs make the final roster, it's a virtual guarantee that there will be a QB on the practice squad. I'm still not that interested in either one right now. I was all primed and ready to watch Hundley, to see if he can be as good as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Joe Callahan, Wesley College, Division III
    Div III? Well then. One thing you can definitely say about him is he doesn't like checkdowns!

Paging Matt Flynn!
    Well, Favre did say he's going to play the opening series. Call him and say 'have we got a honey of a deal on a one day contract for you!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Definitely agree on the pro bowl.

Packers finally stopped charging the same price for preseason games and regular season games.

Our tickets are $56 for preseason and $108 for regular season. Last year it was somewhere around $85 for all games.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I think we will see Aaron Rodgers for one series. Why would they not?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Why would (should) they?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Because it only takes one play to get hurt. If he suffered a season ending injury in this meaningless game. The fans would string up MM.