Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: HOF Game

i don't get how this game doesn't count as a real preseason game

if you play in the HOF game, then you should only have to play 3 others. its just another meaningless game where players can get hurt

i hope we don't see any first or second stringers tonight. just use this worthless game to take a good long look at all the fringe players

if we have one meaningful player suffer an injury tonight then that is complete bullshit

It looks like its not getting played. Concerns about the field. Summer thunderstorm you think? Nope.

An accumulation of rubber pellets.

I have no idea what's happened either.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...game/88371636/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

OK, now I get it.

It looks like my garage after winter is gone and the sand is all that is left.

Blog Entries
    Tom Silverstein@TomSilverstein
    Fans are being allowed to enter the stadium as workers appear to be trying to power wash the paint off the Hall of Fame logo at midfield.
    via·about a minute ago

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago
    The paint that was applied today on middle of field, and in endzones, has congealed; would be like playing on tar.

Game now doubtful.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago
    I'm told teams being informed there will not be a Hall of Game tonight due to unsafe playing field conditions

Others are saying there will be a fan fest or something?!

How about trying to tackle Eddie Lacy for 5 bucks a try?

They used the wrong paint and it melted the plastic grass and exposed the rubber pellets.

Or something.

Would they push it back a day? That's disappointing. Oh well, fewer injuries!

goodell with make them play

i doubt the players or teams are aking any money off the game, so this is all money going into the leagues pockets

they'll play it

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They used the wrong paint and it melted the plastic grass and exposed the rubber pellets.

Or something.
    yeah, thats a pretty big fuck up

use a vacuum dumb shits

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 48s48 seconds ago
    Looks like the workers are done removing paint at midfield. Now they’re trying to spread the pellets out.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m2 minutes ago
    It looks like they’ve cleared a lot of the paint off, but an issue that hasn’t been addressed is the end zones, where there’s tons of paint.

Ricky Lumpkin ‏@RickyLumpkin
    Game canceled but will go out and talk to fans and sign things. Was juiced but safety is number

CANCELLED AS PER COLTS PLAYER WHO WILL BE BANNED FOR LIFE FOR TWEETING DURING GAME HOURS

There have always been concerns about the condition of this field. Then you have the fact that most of the Packer org. was not happy about having to play this game. But the biggest thing is how can a supposed professional grounds crew do such a piss poor job?

It's official. We have to wait another week, but no one gets hurt tonight. Woo!

Well, there goes my evening watching a meaningless preseason game.

Switching over to synchronized women's diving.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    There have always been concerns about the condition of this field. Then you have the fact that most of the Packer org. was not happy about having to play this game. But the biggest thing is how can a supposed professional grounds crew do such a piss poor job?
    Its an entirely new field surface installed in the last week. Its from the Superdome. The entire HoF grounds have undergone renovations, including the Stadium, which is now called Tom Benson Field or something like that. They wanted new turf in the new facility because the Steelers were mad about the field conditions last year.

So within a week or two of getting the new turf, they had the HoF ceremony, a concert and now a football game. I bet its the first time the people in Canton painted this field for a game.

I predict that Goodell will suspend the HoF and take over operations.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Well, there goes my evening watching a meaningless preseason game.

Switching over to synchronized women's diving.
    If you taped it, don't bother watching women's doubles tennis.

Randy Moss: "Somebody needs to lose their job over this" Yeah, I guess.

At least I won't have to miss swimming and gymnastics tonight hahahahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?