Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: HOF Game

The grounds crew must be union.

Does anyone know when they first played a HOF Game and is this the first time that they have cancelled the event . I believe there have been weather delays (Lightning) in the past , but I can't recall the game ever being cancelled . That grounds crew will never live this one down !

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Does anyone know when they first played a HOF Game and is this the first time that they have cancelled the event . I believe there have been weather delays (Lightning) in the past , but I can't recall the game ever being cancelled . That grounds crew will never live this one down !
    The game was ended in the 3rd quarter once (2003) due to lightening, and one other time (1980) it was ended midway through the 4th quarter for the same reason. Interestingly, the Packers were in both of those games as well. It should be obvious that the Packers should not be scheduled for the HoF game.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar

The real reason the game was called off yesterday. They didn't even know who was playing, let alone how to spell it.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post

The real reason the game was called off yesterday. They didn't even know who was playing, let alone how to spell it.
    I think they spelled that correctly. They were going up against the mighty Busboys that day.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    OK, now I get it.
    turned it into asphalt.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/h...llation-080916

Some fans are suing for travel expenses to the HOF game. I think they are way full of it. Nobody invested in that travel just to watch a third-stinger scrimmage; they were there for the HOF events. it's also really hard to pin the exact blame of negligence of the paint's chemical breakdown. Who specifically should have been able to foresee this calamity? It's more a shit happens event.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

Some fans are suing for travel expenses to the HOF game. I think they are way full of it. Nobody invested in that travel just to watch a third-stinger scrimmage; they were there for the HOF events. it's also really hard to pin the exact blame of negligence of the paint's chemical breakdown. Who specifically should have been able to foresee this calamity? It's more a shit happens event.
    Legal citation: Taco John's vs swedeshorts, 1981
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Legal citation: Taco John's vs swedeshorts, 1981
    Potato Olés?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Some people sue at the drop of a hat. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

That question ("Who specifically should have been able...") can be matched by another one: who specifically spends money to travel from WI to OH to see a football HOF inauguration? It's like staying home to watch the Pro Bowl.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    That question ("Who specifically should have been able...") can be matched by another one: who specifically spends money to travel from WI to OH to see a football HOF inauguration? It's like staying home to watch the Pro Bowl.
    We were gonna drive up for the weekend. Used to go to Akron all the time on business. Took one look at the price gouging they do for the HOF weekend and passed. I've been to the HOF several times. It's neat, but about half as good as the baseball HOF in Cooperstown.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    We were gonna drive up for the weekend. Used to go to Akron all the time on business. Took one look at the price gouging they do for the HOF weekend and passed. I've been to the HOF several times. It's neat, but about half as good as the baseball HOF in Cooperstown.
    The differences you point are are similar to the differences in the two sports. Cooperstown; laid back, small town right on Lake Otsego, oozes charm, idyllic, quiet. Canton; working class, rust belt, bigger town, not nestled, right off the interstate, noisy.

I like them both, but I'm with you, I think the BBHOF wins out. There's a place in Wisconsin that reminds me of Cooperstown, NY; New Glarus. It's one of my favorite places in WI. Good brew too.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Rand was going I believe.

Also, just like baseballs' entire origin story, Cooperstown as the birthplace of baseball is probably baloney. But its a myth in service of a great place to have a HoF.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    How much were tix? Was there only one package for inauguration and game?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rand was going I believe.

Also, just like baseballs' entire origin story, Cooperstown as the birthplace of baseball is probably baloney. But its a myth in service of a great place to have a HoF.
    Yeah, PB, most people believe Alexander Cartwright https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Cartwright was the "father of baseball" and not Abner Doubleday, who is from Cooperstown, NY. Since he is from NYC, had he been originally declared the originator of modern baseball, the BBHOF would likely be in NYC.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Yeah, PB, most people believe Alexander Cartwright https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Cartwright was the "father of baseball" and not Abner Doubleday, who is from Cooperstown, NY. Since he is from NYC, had he been originally declared the originator of modern baseball, the BBHOF would likely be in NYC.
    Abner Doubleday also gets credited erroneously for firing the first shot in the Civil War in some histories. He was at Fort Sumter.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

i hope the nfl gets bent over a barrel on this one

sure a lot of the people were probably there for the inductions, but that was the day before. those people would have still had to get a room for an extra night. theres almost a hundred bucks wasted

the people in the stadium weren't even told the game was cancelled until an hour and a half after the rest of the world knew it was cancelled. pry 10-20 bucks per person spent on concessions during that time

not to mention they were pry charged for parking

not to mentioned missed work. if there was no game, people could have gotten home sunday, instead they drove home monday

all because of gross incompetence by the ground crew and NFL. this shot should have been done right, and way in advance

the NFL makes billions off of the fans, and treats us like walking dollar signs. time for them to show the fans some respect for once

hell goddell could pay for all that out of his pocket without even knowing it was gone

^^^yup, time to pay up you incompetent boobs^^^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    How much were tix? Was there only one package for inauguration and game?
    it was just high priced and pretty much bullshit.

I agree with CP, Cooperstown is so sweet. Reminds me of the Green Lake area in Wisco.

The PFHOF is pretty cool, but it is in Akron Canton.

I will probably go back one more time.

Goin' to the GB HOF in October.

That'll be fun.