Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CM3 and peppers to be suspended indefinitely if they don't talk

CM3 and peppers to be suspended indefinitely if they don't talk

the league says it will suspend the al jazera 4 indefinitely for contract detrimental to the league if they don't cooperate and give interviews by the 25th of this month

this is complete and absolute bull shit on the part of the nfl, and if they do go through with it, will be the final straw for me and the nfl

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...views/#respond

Not surprising at all.

How sad. The NFLPA told these players they didn't have to give the interviews to the league if there was no evidence they did anything wrong. Now the league is going to punish these players unless they talk. It appears to me ALL of the players in this league should fire these union leaders. They are getting lousy advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    How sad. The NFLPA told these players they didn't have to give the interviews to the league if there was no evidence they did anything wrong. Now the league is going to punish these players unless they talk. It appears to me ALL of the players in this league should fire these union leaders. They are getting lousy advice.
    The leaders are just doing what they negotiated in the CBS. The NFL is overstepping, in my opinion.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

The NFLPA is as useless as any other union.

Maybe the second amendment people could do something to fix the problem the next time goodell comes to wisconsin

Don't give in. Screw The NFL. I'd refuse to talk to them all season.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The NFLPA is as useless as any other union.
    Yup, the NFL players have it so horrible compared to the 60s.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

If suspended the NFLPA can file a lawsuit and probably keep the players on the field until there is a court ruling.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If suspended the NFLPA can file a lawsuit and probably keep the players on the field until there is a court ruling.
    And 1 year later they will lose like Brady.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    And 1 year later they will lose like Brady.
    That's okay as long as we win the Super Bowl this year!

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yup, the NFL players have it so horrible compared to the 60s.
    The point wasn't how bad off players are. The point was that when you really need them unions are useless. They do not have your back as they imply. They are however good at taking money from their members.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The point wasn't how bad off players are. The point was that when you really need them unions are useless. They do not have your back as they imply. They are however good at taking money from their members.
    The players themselves are to blame for the last CBA they signed giving Roger Goddell absolute authority. It doesn't matter what court or legal theory they try the NFL trots out the ratified and signed CBA and they win.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Don't give in. Screw The NFL. I'd refuse to talk to them all season.
    of course you would. lol

bs considering the guy recanted. so there's no story.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    of course you would. lol

Yea, I'm messing with ya. Florio just wrote a good piece on how the Brady case ruling has emboldened Goodell to ignore policy even more.

I wish that dude would get ousted.

So here is the letter Goodell sent, stolen from PFT:

"As you know, the league has been investigating a nationally televised report concerning potential violations of the collectively bargained Policy on Performance-Enhancing Substances. There can be no question that the league has a good faith basis for conducting this investigation; moreover, the league and NFLPA have a shared interest in ensuring that our jointly developed policy is not being violated.

Nevertheless, since the initiation of our investigation in January the league has made at least seven attempts to arrange interviews of Messrs. Harrison, Matthews, Neal and Peppers. On each occasion, the NFLPA has communicated the players’ refusal to participate. Most recently, the NFLPA has attempted to prevent the interviews by submitting for each player a half-page statement, which you advised should be treated as a sworn statement given in a legal proceeding, and which you contend should fulfill the players’ acknowledged obligation to cooperate with the investigation. The statements, however, are wholly devoid of any detail, and we were quickly able to determine that Mr. Neal’s statement includes an assertion that is demonstrably false. Rather than eliminate the need for interviews, the players’ plainly deficient statements simply underscore the importance of obtaining their full cooperation.

You were so advised on July 29, when we again wrote to offer the players another opportunity to participate in an interview, beginning with Mr. Neal. In that letter, you were expressly notified that continued noncooperation could result in discipline up to and including a suspension. In response, you provided a revised statement and letter which acknowledged Mr. Neal’s prior steroid policy violation and that his previous “sworn statement” is in fact untrue. Most important, you advised that Mr. Neal had again refused to cooperate with our investigation by participating in an interview.

There is no dispute that players are obligated to cooperate with the league’s investigation, as you have repeatedly acknowledged. This obligation includes not only the responsibility to submit to an interview but also the duty to provide meaningful responses to the questions posed. Nor is there a dispute that a failure to cooperate or an attempt to obstruct the investigation may result in discipline, including suspension from play, for conduct detrimental under Article 46 of the CBA and the NFL Player Contract.

We cannot accept your unilateral assertion that the cursory, untested statements you have submitted satisfy the players’ obligation. Accordingly, the Commissioner has directed that Messrs. Harrison, Matthews, Neal and Peppers be given until Thursday, August 25 to provide interviews. For those players whose interviews do not take place on or before that date, or who fail meaningfully to participate in or otherwise obstruct the interview, their actions will constitute conduct detrimental and they will be suspended, separate and apart from any possible future determination that they violated the steroid policy. The suspension for each such player will begin on Friday, August 26 and will continue until he has fully participated in an interview with league investigators, after which the Commissioner will determine whether and when the suspension should be lifted.

To avoid this outcome, please promptly contact my office to make arrangements for the interviews. As previously stated, we will make every effort to accommodate the NFLPA’s availability, within the outlined time period."
    Last edited by Rastak; 08-15-2016 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    bs considering the guy recanted. so there's no story.
    How do you know he was truthful when recanting and not when he told the original stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    How do you know he was truthful when recanting and not when he told the original stories?
    Well, we can't know for sure, but the NFL has talked to Manning and found no credible evidence that the original story was true. My guess is the guy recanted to avoid a lawsuit, either by one of the players, or by the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    My guess is the guy recanted to avoid a lawsuit, either by one of the players, or by the company.
    I suspect you are correct about his reason for recanting, but that still doesn't mean the original story wasn't true and the recant a lie. He may have recanted to avoid a suit even though the story was true.