Thread: CM3 and peppers to be suspended indefinitely if they don't talk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I thought I read somewhere online earlier this evening Mike Neal has declined.
    Neal didn't exactly give a clear denial when the story came out. I think he probably is guilty. If so, it would probably be the end to his career, because another violation of the substance abuse policy would probably be an indefinite suspension for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Neal didn't exactly give a clear denial when the story came out. I think he probably is guilty. If so, it would probably be the end to his career, because another violation of the substance abuse policy would probably be an indefinite suspension for him.
    That, but maybe as some writers are hypothesizing is that he is going to be the 'test case' the NFLPA will pursue on this matter.

So many subplots to all this, and I am torn about how I feel. I personally have very little doubt there is a lot of PED usage in the NFL. I understand's Patler's view, and agree that the NFL should look very closely at this or they risk a MLB-like congressional hearing. But Goodell's recent unprecedented usage of the Commissioner's powers is a problem too.

It's obvious the player's are a little surprised, and likely didn't quite know the extent of power he had - witness Rodger's comment about Goodell being "I think there’s probably too much pressure to come back to a deal when we had all the power on our side.” As PFT pointed out, that part of the commissioner's power has been around since the NFL's first CBA, it's just never been used (abused?) to this extent.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

And Harrison's request to have the interview filmed, and even televised is crazy - but crazy like a fox. There is definitely a need for transparency here, and doing this all behind closed doors is what could land this in court, or a congressional hearing!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...