Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: CM3 and peppers to be suspended indefinitely if they don't talk

Blog Entries
    The commiss already abused his power in bullying Brady around in his Rogers Rules self appointed system aka...guilty unless proven otherwise............many joked about it cause it was he Pats..............how is Rogers Rules feeling now ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    The commiss already abused his power in bullying Brady around in his Rogers Rules self appointed system aka...guilty unless proven otherwise............many joked about it cause it was he Pats..............how is Rogers Rules feeling now ?
    They are what the players agreed to. I don't like them. This case is a little different from the Brady case as property wasn't destroyed in this case and they did have texts about "The Deflator".

If this is Peppers last year, I wonder if he doesn't interview just to try the legal system out in this case. The case pushes out a year with appeals and Peppers retires before the suspension hits.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    They are what the players agreed to. I don't like them. This case is a little different from the Brady case as property wasn't destroyed in this case and they did have texts about "The Deflator".

If this is Peppers last year, I wonder if he doesn't interview just to try the legal system out in this case. The case pushes out a year with appeals and Peppers retires before the suspension hits.
    Peppers would seem to be in a good position to do this - likely the last year of a long (HOF?) career, has made plenty of money and as far as I know hasn't blown it all. But I don't know that he's enough of a shit disturber.

I think James Harrison is more likely to take a stand. He is certainly not concerned about his image and would love a chance to piss all over Roger's cornflakes.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Doesn't bother me a bit. I think the league has an obligation to look into the report, and I think the players generally have an obligation to work with the league to maintain the integrity and reputation of the league. MLB ignored issues for years, and it didn't enhance their image to their fans.

Regardless of agreements or commissioners, is not this still America . Nobody has to volunteer information that puts them in jeopardy. Appeal this point in a court and there will be changes. IMO , if the NFL can't prove their own case without bullying people then they deserve to loose. If medical testing and Private Investigator surveillance is not invasive enough, then the confessions will not be forthcoming . Can anyone say "The Imposition" or "The McCarthy Hearings ", the powerful never do stop reaching for even more power .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

After the Brady saga I fear Clay and Julius are basically screwed. Even if they submit to these 'interviews' Goodell and company might suspend them anyway because they didn't answer the questions to their satisfaction. The NFLPA may appeal but sooner or later these players will be suspended sometime in the future. When the CBA comes up things are really gonna get ugly.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Regardless of agreements or commissioners, is not this still America . Nobody has to volunteer information that puts them in jeopardy. Appeal this point in a court and there will be changes. IMO , if the NFL can't prove their own case without bullying people then they deserve to loose. If medical testing and Private Investigator surveillance is not invasive enough, then the confessions will not be forthcoming . Can anyone say "The Imposition" or "The McCarthy Hearings ", the powerful never do stop reaching for even more power .
    You are being ridiculous.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Doesn't bother me a bit. I think the league has an obligation to look into the report, and I think the players generally have an obligation to work with the league to maintain the integrity and reputation of the league. MLB ignored issues for years, and it didn't enhance their image to their fans.
    Never know if you're playing devil's advocate or not! Should they look into it? Yes. Should players be forced into conducting interviews and answer questions? Not sure why. This is like the oldest line in the book from a cop asking you to turn your pockets out - "If you've got nothing to hide, why does it matter?"

disclaimer: I'm Canadian, most of what I know about US law I learned from 'The Practice'!

The way this is heading, it seems to me that signing a contract with the NFL effectively suspends your 5th amendment right?
    --

If my employer said they wanted to talk about some accusations, founded or unfounded and I told them to "forget it, I'm not talking". I would likely also be on an unpaid leave very quickly.

"This is Amercia" doesn't work so well with a private employer.

That said, Goodell makes this stuff up as he goes and people don't care until it's "their" team about to get rammed up the keister, then suddenly it's not fair.

You are being ridiculous.
    I don't know, the original statement from Al Jazeera is looking an awful lot like a McCarthyism, and the NFL is acting on it.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    If my employer said they wanted to talk about some accusations, founded or unfounded and I told them to "forget it, I'm not talking". I would likely also be on an unpaid leave very quickly.

"This is Amercia" doesn't work so well with a private employer.

That said, Goodell makes this stuff up as he goes and people don't care until it's "their" team about to get rammed up the keister, then suddenly it's not fair.
    That's the way I feel about it. I get the feeling this would have gone away quickly and quietly if the players had met with the league when first asked (sometime last spring?). The union decided to take a stance. That immediately set up a battle, because the league could not simply say, "Oh, OK. Never mind." and then just ignore it. The union knew it to. Basically, the initial refusal pretty much indicated that this was going to court, because I didn't expect either side to back down until forced.

Manning's part with the league went mostly unnoticed until it was done, and the announcement made. It could have been the same with the other players.

The media in general is a bunch of scumbags, and Al Jazeera has to be the worst of the worst. That being said, it wouldn't hurt the guys they accused to go in and say for the record that it's all bullshit. They aren't testifying under oath, and if the NFL had independently found reason to bring them in instead of the damn media, clearly they should go. As it is, it appears they have no choice.

One thing that troubles me just a little bit, if it is total bullshit, why don't the players sue the scumbags for slander or libel?

Patler, if Matthews and/or Peppers say they didn't and it comes out that they did, are you gonna turn against them too?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Never know if you're playing devil's advocate or not!
    This time I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Should they look into it? Yes. Should players be forced into conducting interviews and answer questions? Not sure why. This is like the oldest line in the book from a cop asking you to turn your pockets out - "If you've got nothing to hide, why does it matter?"

disclaimer: I'm Canadian, most of what I know about US law I learned from 'The Practice'!

The way this is heading, it seems to me that signing a contract with the NFL effectively suspends your 5th amendment right?
    But this isn't the police in a criminal investigation. It's more like a private employer/employee situation. Not exactly, because the league isn't the direct employer. That's what makes for litigation!

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    One thing that troubles me just a little bit, if it is total bullshit, why don't the players sue the scumbags for slander or libel?
    I think a couple of the baseball players have. It's tough to win against the media, especially when they have a tape of the "informant" saying exactly what was reported.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Meanwhile, back at NFL Headquarters...

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    bs considering the guy recanted. so there's no story.
    This is the important part. The rest of this is just checking boxes. I thought there might be something to this when they reported Mike Neal made a demonstrably false statement in his affidavit to the League. But the false statement wasn't about this incident, his affidavit said he failed to mention his previous suspension for a positive PED test.

On the other hand, Goodell is doing a good job of assuring a job action in 2018/19.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I think a couple of the baseball players have. It's tough to win against the media, especially when they have a tape of the "informant" saying exactly what was reported.
    If you are a public figure, you must prove malice of intent I believe.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The players themselves are to blame for the last CBA they signed giving Roger Goddell absolute authority. It doesn't matter what court or legal theory they try the NFL trots out the ratified and signed CBA and they win.
    Goodell has always been the arbitrator of last resort in the CBA in most respects. So was Tagliabue. The language did not change. What did change was Roger availing himself of it more often and inventing new levels of sentencing based on the public reaction.

There are other areas where grievances are sent to a neutral arbitrator, but they are limited to contracts I believe. Drug and Alcohol and Conduct have never had outside arbitration.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...-cba-and-nflpa

[SIZE=3]Regardless of agreements or commissioners, is not this still America . Nobody has to volunteer information that puts them in jeopardy.
    You ever said that to YOUR boss when he/she asked you questions directly related to your workplace?

I want Salt n Pepper to spill every last bean.

it's become a distraction so get it over with.