Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: THE NFC EAST

Cool THE NFC EAST

The NFC East

New York Giants
    Dallas Cowboys
    Washington Redskins
    Philadelphia Eagles

These 4 NFC East teams will play the Packers this 2016 season . Information on these teams will be important to the Packer's Coaches , and we should also be paying attention too.

IMO, The Redskins appear to have the edge over the other 3 teams in this division. GB will face each of these teams this season and I believe they will get their toughest test from Washington .

Information, Humor , Opinions , or just your good wishes for GB against the NFC East is this threads purpose. I'll be looking forward to your most interesting post .

Go Pack Go !

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    This is related to Packer football. You should start another thread in the GB Packers sub-forum.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    This is related to Packer football. You should start another thread in the GB Packers sub-forum.
    Thanks TD , but I choose this category because it primarily focuses upon teams other than Green Bay and what they are up to . I naturally assume that an "official" game thread will appear as the Packers face each of these opponents. In addition, I hope to see funny pictures/cartoons trashing these teams. I did not want this thread to upset serious discussions in the GB Packers threads. Also any discussions involving these teams may not evolve around any GB related subjects.

I'd like to read your interesting insights on these teams, should be fascinating .

If Romo and Dez Bryant are healthy, Cowboys are the best team in the NFCE. They were 3-1 with Romo last year, and 12-4 the year before.

Blog Entries
    I don't know what to make out of this; one would think the Eagles have a year to rebuild but Bradford may just start for a while as the rook develops. Dallas seems to be a mess of bad people in a locker room whose QB could go down with a major injury at any time. Washington, of Cousins stays healthy and continues to be decent, is dangerous. I have no idea what we have in the Giants. I would think GB goes 3-1 versus this group
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In case you are wondering why the thread was moved... All NFL discussion is welcome in the Packers area.

Si Senor

Redskins cannot win the NFCE. They won it last year. Last time they won it in back to back years, Bart Starr was the coach in GB and Lynn Dickey was throwing to James Lofton.

Redskins and Cowboys are quality teams. Giants are a mess. Eagles? Quite possibly the NFC's worst team. Dogshit squaaaaaad.

If Romo's back can withstand one more NFL season, the Cowboys should come out of that division on top. They have a cupcake schedule that is almost as easy as Green Bay's. They have more talent on their roster than anyone else in that division.

Washington is a pretender. They only played 3 teams worth a damn last year...NE, CAR, GB. They lost those 3 games by a combined score of 44-106. I'd be very surprised if Washington wins more than 8 games. Their top RB is already getting dinged up.

The Giants? Meh. Can they back into a division crown if Romo gets hurt and the division becomes a complete mess just like it was last year? Sure. That's not exactly how any team wants their best shot to be outlined, though.

The Eagles? When Jordan Matthews is your best WR and the only RB most casual NFL fans would even recognize on your roster is a very old Darren Sproles, you are going to be looking up at a lot of teams in the standings come December. Even Matt Millen is impressed with how efficiently Chip Kelly decimated the Eagles roster.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Problem with picking the Boys is that Romo is no more likely to be deathly for 16 games than Bulaga.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Problem with picking the Boys is that Romo is no more likely to be deathly for 16 games than Bulaga.
    This year they seem to have a decent backup, though. Prescott reminds me a lot of Hundley.

Despite all the bad-mouthing he gets, Jerry Jones out-GMs pretty much any GM in the NFL - IMO.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

But how good is the girls' defense?

They aren't good pugger, but none of the other nfce teams have much d either.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Despite all the bad-mouthing he gets, Jerry Jones out-GMs pretty much any GM in the NFL - IMO.
    I think you have fallen for hype and aura. If you look into what the Cowboys have accomplished, Jones is very mediocre as a GM since the salary cap came into play.

Jones had success before the salary cap, when he could simply outspend most other teams. Since the salary cap came into existence, he is basically average, with no significant playoff success in the last 20 years. In the last 20 years, the Cowboys record is 162-158, barely above .500. They've had just 9 winning seasons, and three of those were 9-7. Mediocre, at best. If he was working as GM for an owner other than himself, he would have been let go long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    This year they seem to have a decent backup, though. Prescott reminds me a lot of Hundley.

Jerry Jones out GM's nobody! The guy is a disaster as a GM, Brilliant as an owner and generating revenue. This team has done nothing since the mid 90's...it took about 3-4 years to dismantle what Jimmy Johnson built and has been a complete mess ever since...

Many of Jerry's best decisions lately have been the ones he has left to Stephen to make. Including most of his stellar offensive line.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Should be an interesting division. Nobody plays defense in this division. With Romo I give Dallas a slight edge (but how long will he last) over Washington and the Giants.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    But how good is the girls' defense?
    they sucked last year and did nothing to make it better. romo's health would have been the main factor in their success but with the way prescott has played i don't think it's end-all it once was. the one-trick-pony dez will still be a factor offensively, whitten (?) who knows at his age, and no real threats at the other wr positions. the big deal for them will be the improvement in the running game. if they can keep the d off the field they'll win the division imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    deathly != healthy

but auto-correct doesn't care.