Thread: Roger Strikes Again Josh Brown Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anyone can be a terrible person wist. But she did have a protective order against him at one point as he broke through a door to confront her son.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2757186
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Anyone can be a terrible person wist. But she did have a protective order against him at one point as he broke through a door to confront her son.

Not defending him... the point is - just b/c "she said... " the league can't suspend the guy on those grounds. Need some proof.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Not defending him... the point is - just b/c "she said... " the league can't suspend the guy on those grounds. Need some proof.
    I doubt a judge would have issued a protective order based on just "she said..." There would have been some corroborating evidence for her assertions. The NFL can rely on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I doubt a judge would have issued a protective order based on just "she said..." There would have been some corroborating evidence for her assertions. The NFL can rely on that.
    Yes, b/c judges are reliable, honest, and discerning in interpreting laws which themselves are corrupted with idiocy??

Judges are lawyers - there isn't a lower life form on the planet.

Antonio Gramsci was right.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Yes, b/c judges are reliable, honest, and discerning in interpreting laws which themselves are corrupted with idiocy??
    Most judges are, yes. Judges are often hamstrung by laws and precedent that make a specific result seemingly unfair. Are all judges reliable, honest and discerning? Probably not, just as there are incompetent and under performing people in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Given the emotions involved with a break-up and the long history of violence in these cases, I wouldn't be surprised that a protective order could be obtained with little to no evidence for past violence.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

In this instance, apparently there were multiple calls to the police, Brown virtually admitting it by saying it was just a moment that happened, his wife having gone to neighbors including Matt Hasselbeck and Chris Spencer during other instances, and Brown undergoing therapy for abusive behavior. Probably more than enough for the league to act on.

The NFL, with its vaunted security staff of former FBI agents, is not as adept as the daily news paper at getting records. Which means they aren't actually trying at all:

Upon news of Brown’s suspension, the New York Daily News quickly obtained police reports, a pair of 911 recordings on consecutive days and a lengthy statement from Brown’s wife (now divorced) to a detective and court official detailing 20 violent incidents spanning six years. Brown pushed his wife into a door when she was pregnant, once shoved her into a mirror and threatened her numerous times, according to her statement.

The NFL claimed that it obtained none of this information. The victim declined to speak to league investigators, and apparently Daily News reporters are better at obtaining court documents than the NFL’s army of super-sleuths.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The NFL, with its vaunted security staff of former FBI agents, is not as adept as the daily news paper at getting records. Which means they aren't actually trying at all:
    So now we know the NFL has hired Sgt Schultz to investigate these issues.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!