Thread: Packers may have to waste a roster spot....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I think Callahan has a long way to go to get past being a guy who might be entertaining to watch and become a guy who can actually win regular season games if you need him too. Good guy for the PS, maybe capable of being #2 if/when Hundley or Rodgers is traded.
    Are you still thinking this way after the SF game?

I think Callahan looks so good that the Packers should consider keeping 3. Callahan is worth the roster spot, even if Hundley is healthy. With Hundley behind schedule, 3 makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

I think Callahan looks so good that the Packers should consider keeping 3. Callahan is worth the roster spot, even if Hundley is healthy. With Hundley behind schedule, 3 makes more sense.
    I agree. He looks really good. Something says he's a d3 player and nobody is going to take him. But then I watched him play and when i throw out what I think I know, all i see is a young, exciting player that seems well worth a roster spot. It's interesting. I'll bet it's a conversation. And I get the feeling mm likes calling plays for him and working with him. He's good and he's competitive. He moves the ball and scores. I just feel like he's a leader and driven and has heart and determination and focus. There is something there and it's contagious. He just finds a way to make plays. Plus, he moves well and throws well too. He's really exciting.

I don't want to lose him.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

Yes, I do; but I also think it is becoming very likely that he makes the final 53 because Hundley will still be gimpy by the time the season starts. GB will be more comfortable with Callahan than anyone else that may be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Yes, I do; but I also think it is becoming very likely that he makes the final 53 because Hundley will still be gimpy by the time the season starts. GB will be more comfortable with Callahan than anyone else that may be available.
    Maybe Callahan can take Pennel's roster spot for four games while Hundley heals. By then he'll be less able to pick up another team's system.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack