Thread: O-line roster

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree with Harv and I love the option of putting Lindsly on PUP and we'll get into that in just a minute.

This topic is very interesting. Its relevant both for right now and for the very near future.

Signing an NFL player (non QB, K or P) over the age of 30, the odds are against them. With that said, I expect at least one of Lang and/or Sitton to be gone next year. Sitton is a damn good player. He might even be able till play till he's 34 or 35. But the odds are against it. Lang is going to be 30 next year september and he's never been a probowl player. He's only getting worse. Price pending, moving on could very well be the best move for both, especially if Walker pans out at RG because Tretter looks like a good bet to be a good LG and Lindsley will eventually be back.

Bahktiari is a decent LT when healthy. I worry a little bit because he said his ankle is permanently changed. I'm worried to see what that means.

So we have a lot of uncertainty both with age and injury at a very important position. We need all the good players we can get for next year.

Bahktiari (health risk, need a decent backup) / Spriggs
    Lang (age, need a decent backup) / Murphy
    Tretter (good young player) / Lindsley (can move tretter around once lindsley is off PUP)
    Sitton (age, need a good backup) / Walker (I'm a fan of Walker. I like his chances)
    Bulaga (health risk, need a good backup) / Barlcay

I'm really hoping Bahk's health pans out. The odds of finding another decent LT are slim, even with a D2 pick. I have no guess at this or prediction. Spriggs is a total wild card and so is Bahks ankle.

I imagine we're going to lose both Lang and Sitton. I picture Tretter/Lindsley/Walker as our inside trio next season. This makes Barclay almost a no brainer. He might even be the rare 6th man who gets a legit 2nd contract. We could very well be going into next year with no LT and only one decent backup at any other position, maybe 2 if Murphy pans out.

But, maybe Bahk turns out, and Spriggs is a good backup at OT. Walker shows up, Tretter locks down the LG spot for 5 more years, Lindsley locks down the center spot, Bulaga stays relatively healthy and Barclay is a utility guy. Maybe we're just fine long term.

It's just a lot of wait and see and a very interesting topic going into the season and throughout the season. If the young backups show something this year, that will give us something to be excited for going forward. If they flounder, we might be biting our nails looking ahead.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 08-22-2016 at 08:47 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.