Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: build your Packers roster...

build your Packers roster...

I came here expecting your wisdom and predictions, and all I get is a link to face tweeter or something.

I want my click back.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I came here expecting your wisdom and predictions, and all I get is a link to face tweeter or something.

I want my click back.
    my apologies. you should know by now i offer very little wisdom just knee-jerk opinion. lol

Harlan has unreasonable expectations. He's been here a long time and should know better!

Perhaps as a start we can post about who will this years roster see at CB and Safety this season . Who will start , who will be backups , etc. ?

1st Team

RCB - Sam Shields
    LCB - D. Randall
    SS - Morgan Burnett
    FS - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

2nd Team

RCB - L. Gunter
    LCB - D. Rollins
    SS - Micah Hyde
    FS - Chris Banjo

I can't say how many or who will make the roster beyond this listing . What say you on this subject ?

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Perhaps as a start we can post about who will this years roster see at CB and Safety this season . Who will start , who will be backups , etc. ?

1st Team

RCB - Sam Shields
    LCB - D. Randall
    SS - Morgan Burnett
    FS - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

2nd Team

RCB - L. Gunter
    LCB - D. Rollins
    SS - Micah Hyde
    FS - Chris Banjo

I can't say how many or who will make the roster beyond this listing . What say you on this subject ?
    If the sports page articles can be believed, the Packers are going to have some tough decisions among the d-backs. At least 2 more safeties (Brice & Evans) and as many or more corners (Hawkins, Dorleant, Daniel) look like they belong in the NFL anyway.

Banjo has been a solid performer on STs, but they have a couple other safeties who ran 4.3-4.4 forties and have 42" verticals. Both have shown themselves to be physical. If they can show something on STs in the next two weeks, Banjo could be in trouble. It's hard to pass up the athleticism of 4.3 sec. and 42" safeties who go 200 lbs+.

Before TC I wrote that Goodson might not be brought back after his suspension, and I feel more and more that his time in GB is up. He was good on STs too, but I suspect others can fill in for that. It looks like they have a couple guys who have better coverage skills than Goodson.

The next two games are big for these guys.

The McGinn-Cohen podcast this week made Evans sound like a real keeper. They blame his Madtownian wonderlic scores on ... the dog ate his test or something. They claim he is actually a plenty smart guy who just blew-off the test, and therefore went undrafted. Cohen has an article this week.

I wouldn't mind if he replaced Banjo, not that I wish that guy ill.

Check that, McGinn has article:
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...kers/89255536/

“I was drinking a lot of water that day or something and throughout the test I was using the bathroom,” Evans said. “To tell you the truth, I really didn’t think much of it. I kind of messed up on that. I wish I could go back and try some more on that.”
    Lots of players take it more than once. I wonder why Evans didn't?
    Did they not tell him the test was just 12 minutes long (per the article) when they started it?
    A scout from one of the combines came to weigh, measure and otherwise evaluate him and to give him a test; and he didn't realize the test was important?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    he didn't realize the test was important?
    I don't know what's going on here, but he may have extreme test-taking anxiety based on past failures.

My God, he is from northside Milwaukee, one of the worst school systems in America. And I'm not blaming the school system, the kids come in with little vocabulary, no support from home, they are tested as failures by 2nd grade.

It is very possible that he is a smart guy who can't test, just passed along through schools, including college, because of his athletic ability. Sorry for off-topic, but we have so many lost kids that get passed along.

Or I could be completely wrong in this case.

I just flashed back to the ancient Dexter Manley story:

http://www.people.com/people/archive...121269,00.html
    One day last May, however, Manley sat speechless in front of the TV cameras. Testifying before a Senate hearing on illiteracy, he struggled valiantly, and in vain, to read a statement he had prepared. Reduced to tears by the anxiety of reading in public, Manley sat in silence for almost a minute. Finally, he was able to abandon his script and simply tell the legislators about the learning disability (poor auditory memory) that left him functionally illiterate and, until recently, able to read only at second-grade level.
    Maybe Evans can barely read.

I just flashed back to the ancient Dexter Manley story:

http://www.people.com/people/archive...121269,00.html

Maybe Evans can barely read.
    Could very well be the case, especially with his background, as you noted.

Blog Entries
    I don't think they are letting Hawkins go
    Can't teach that speed; I see some Sammie Shields
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I listed to a Packer beat writer who interviewed TT recently
    He was questioning TT about the UDFA and said TT was a bit ornry discussing them

He really feels GB has several USFA's they want to keep this year but lack roster space. Noted GB hit the jackpot as opposed to past years and even after the cuts they may not know which ones to sign to the P.S. TT didn't want to have any part of the chat promoting any of them
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

nm
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I can't decide whether these UDFA's are for real or whether these are fluff pieces on them. Or whether it means one or two might be able to stick as back-of-the roster ST guys.

If they are fluff pieces, I wish they'd do one on a hidden gem of a nose tackle that looks too good to be true. Then I could get a boner.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The UDFA wonders always seem to be at defensive back or WR or RB. The reason is that there are just a lot more talented athletes at that size floating around in the ether.

I can't remember the last surprise lineman, but I'm sure there must be some example. Was Elliot drafted? Of course he has barely stuck, no great rags to riches story. Guess he is LB, not DE. Never mind.

Maybe it is time for Blow Job Raji to get on the exercise bike.

I can't remember the last surprise lineman, but I'm sure there must be some example.

UDFA linemen - Don Barclay, Mike Pennel and Lane Taylor.

Barclay contributed right away his first year. The other two were just sort of there, although Pennel found his niche his second year.

DEFENSIVE BACK (probably 10, maybe 11)

LOCKS (6) - Sam Shields, Damarious Randall, Quinten Rollins, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Morgan Burnett, Micah Hyde
    LIKELY (1) - LaDarius Gunter

BATTLES

5th CB - Robertson Daniel vs. Josh Hawkins vs. Makinton Dorleant
    4th S - Chris Banjo vs. Kentrell Brice vs. Marwin Evans

The rookies all have intriguing measurables, but the thing to remember is that Daniel and Banjo have equal measurables. Banjo is just an inch shorter than Brice and Evans. As overall athletes using my modified SPARK formula: Banjo = 78, Brice = 79, Evans = 79. I think Banjo's experience and ST prowess earns him a spot. Same with the CB competition. Using my modifed SPARK formula: Daniel = 81, Hawkins = 83, Dorleant = 78. Daniel is bigger than the other two guys. He and Gunter are the only big CBs that have a chance of making the roster. I think Daniel's size and experience earns him a spot.

That leaves the rookies battling it for a 10th DB position (and perhaps an 11th spot). I think Dorleant is the most likely to be cut and perhaps the easiest to get back on the PS. Brice vs. Evans is too close to call right now. My gut tells me they keep Hawkins and then try to get either Brice or Evans on the practice squad.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    UDFA linemen - Don Barclay, Mike Pennel and Lane Taylor.

Barclay contributed right away his first year. The other two were just sort of there, although Pennel found his niche his second year.
    Don't forget the tantalizing promise but shorted career of Lawrence Guy. He would have been Reggie White if the Colts hadn't snatched him away.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Don't forget the tantalizing promise but shorted career of Lawrence Guy. He would have been Reggie White if the Colts hadn't snatched him away.
    Guy was not a UDFA. He was a 7th round pick in 2011.