Thread: build your Packers roster...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I can't decide whether these UDFA's are for real or whether these are fluff pieces on them. Or whether it means one or two might be able to stick as back-of-the roster ST guys.

If they are fluff pieces, I wish they'd do one on a hidden gem of a nose tackle that looks too good to be true. Then I could get a boner.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The UDFA wonders always seem to be at defensive back or WR or RB. The reason is that there are just a lot more talented athletes at that size floating around in the ether.

I can't remember the last surprise lineman, but I'm sure there must be some example. Was Elliot drafted? Of course he has barely stuck, no great rags to riches story. Guess he is LB, not DE. Never mind.

Maybe it is time for Blow Job Raji to get on the exercise bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I can't remember the last surprise lineman, but I'm sure there must be some example.

UDFA linemen - Don Barclay, Mike Pennel and Lane Taylor.

Barclay contributed right away his first year. The other two were just sort of there, although Pennel found his niche his second year.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    UDFA linemen - Don Barclay, Mike Pennel and Lane Taylor.

Barclay contributed right away his first year. The other two were just sort of there, although Pennel found his niche his second year.
    Don't forget the tantalizing promise but shorted career of Lawrence Guy. He would have been Reggie White if the Colts hadn't snatched him away.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Don't forget the tantalizing promise but shorted career of Lawrence Guy. He would have been Reggie White if the Colts hadn't snatched him away.
    Guy was not a UDFA. He was a 7th round pick in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Guy was not a UDFA. He was a 7th round pick in 2011.
    pb must have been thinking of Nick McDonald, who owed his All-Pro career to the better coaching he received from the NE Patriots, according to former JS writer Greg Bedard. Oh........ Wait.........

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    pb must have been thinking of Nick McDonald, who owed his All-Pro career to the better coaching he received from the NE Patriots, according to former JS writer Greg Bedard. Oh........ Wait.........
    I still think Greg Bedard should be retroactively fired for that opinion

But I did think Guy was a UDFA. Being a 7th round pick somehow tarnishes the whole affair.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.