Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Official Packers vs. Forty Whiners Game Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The flip side of this is that the second drive looked much better and got Cobb involved.

But it doesn't look dominating. Something is wrong, like water in a crankcase.
    Maybe what's wrong is that without Jordy they don't have a true #1 receiver. Maybe we're still spoiled by what we had with Driver/Jennings/Jordy/James Jones/Finley. Maybe we have to accept that we won't likely see the likes of that again.

I would prefer to have a counterfactual case. Run the old offense with these receivers to test.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

any news on the severity of crockett's shoulder injury?

We speculated about this during the game, but the turf at Levi's stadium WAS bad.

According to one observer, the turf at Levi’s Stadium was loose and coming up and might have been the reason for both teams suffering multiple muscle-pull injuries.
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...tion/89476046/

Crockett-shoulder
    Elliot-hamstring
    Banjo-hamstring
    Dorleant-hanstring (second of camp, said this one is different)
    Springs-finger (came into game with injury, got worse in game, staff put him in club)
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If you go to packers.com there is a video of McCarren talking to Spriggs and Jason didn't seem to worried about his finger.

That's because when he saw McCarren's finger he realized it could be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    That's because when he saw McCarren's finger he realized it could be much worse.
    Just get the surgery Larry!

For everyone's visual sake!

Peppers lost contain again.
    Peppers looked like shit yesterday. He is old,slow, and washed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Peppers looked like shit yesterday. He is old,slow, and washed up.
    Someone pointed out that he looked terrible in one preseason game last year as well. He is probably just saving his energy.

Without being asked to start (if that is still happening) I think he will be OK for one more year.

Someone pointed out that he looked terrible in one preseason game last year as well. He is probably just saving his energy.

Without being asked to start (if that is still happening) I think he will be OK for one more year.
    I'm sure he was just saving himself for the regular season. Then he will take multiple plays off per game, at which time I'm sure will be to save himself for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Too bad. I thought he ran well tonight. Less jitterbug and hesitation, more decisive.

I've watched the safety play from the TV broadcast. I think Brice has had a better game than Evans and Whitehead. You can see the athletic ability of Brice and Evans, but Brice has tackled very well and just looks like he belongs. Hawkins has been up and down at CB.
    Big praise from McGinn on Brice. He said there is no way the Packers are cutting Brice. He said he was the best player on the field in the 49ers game and said he's played like a 1st or 2nd round pick. I've never seen him so effusive about a UDFA before.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Big praise from McGinn on Brice. He said there is no way the Packers are cutting Brice. He said he was the best player on the field in the 49ers game and said he's played like a 1st or 2nd round pick. I've never seen him so effusive about a UDFA before.
    It's an exciting preseason with Brice and Evans and Callahan. We say the roster is deep every year, but boy, it seems deep again.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Maybe what's wrong is that without Jordy they don't have a true #1 receiver. Maybe we're still spoiled by what we had with Driver/Jennings/Jordy/James Jones/Finley. Maybe we have to accept that we won't likely see the likes of that again.
    No speed in the receiving corps. The only Packers receivers with any speed are Jordy who is coming off injury and getting old, and Janis who is injured and can't run good routes. Cook is about the only hope for the Packers, so this year again they might not be much of anything on offense.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    No speed in the receiving corps. The only Packers receivers with any speed are Jordy who is coming off injury and getting old, and Janis who is injured and can't run good routes. Cook is about the only hope for the Packers, so this year again they might not be much of anything on offense.
    As long as Jordy is healthy, I think this is silly. The year before we led the NFL in scoring while Rodgers completed 66% for almost 4400 yards with 38 TDs and 5 ints. The difference at skill position:

RBs were the same
    Starting TE Andrew Quarless vs. Jared Cook (faster this year)
    Backup TE is the same (and I think Rich Rod looks faster this year than he's been)
    Top 3 WRs were the same
    4th WR Jarret Boykin vs. Ty Montgomery or Abby (faster this year)

It wasn't just that Jordy was injured. Jordy, Monty, Cobb, Adams were all injured at one time or another. The OL had a lot of injuries. Eddie wasn't in good shape. The offense has a great chance to return to the top of the standings.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Yes, the offense didn't look good on the first drive - mainly because of penalties. But Cobb looked like his old self without Jordy out there in the following drive. Adams dropped a couple of passes but when he is healthy at least he can get open. Abby runs decent routes and has ARod's trust. Monty is back. Cook looks like a nice upgrade over RRod. I have a feeling this year's offense will not be a repeat of 2015.

Agreed. Makes me wonder if McGinn has the inside dope that the Pack will cut the kid, so he's setting up to do one of his "outrage" articles when that happens.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer

I am not sure worse fault that was. While Peppers didn't set a hard edge, Dix went into the same gap that Martinez had. If Dix had outside contain be blew the run fit on that play.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

As I recall, Peppers was sluggish in preseason last year. Maybe this is his MO.

Blog Entries
    Brice and Evans might just make Janis expendable as far as coverage units go. Both seem to be strong tacklers and cover a lot of ground.

Hawkins has been decent as a corner but he's not shown up at all on ST. They've used him as a gunner at times and he's been completely dominated. He could be a keeper for the roster eventually but not this year. He'll need to make it to the PS and get himself ready to take another shot next year IMO. If somebody wants to take a shot on him and claim him then I'd wish him and them the best of luck with that. If they have any intent on him playing special teams that isn't likely to happen.

I think Burks brings more than Crockett too - other than a year's worth of experience which is worth something but not much at the 3rd RB in my opinion.

I too love Callahan, but also think it's worth the risk to cut him and bring him back on the PS. I'm not sure GM's take shots with undersized over-achieving undrafted rookies. It's usually the underachievers with all the measurables, physical tools and big upside potential GM's like to grab.

i think our wrs have good speed and will be fine. actually catching the ball is more concerning than getting open.