Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Forty Whiners Game Day Thread

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Good night all.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

How many times have the Packers gone for it on 4th down tonight?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Not sure how Callahan is still alive. And

GERONIMO!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    How many times have the Packers gone for it on 4th down tonight?
    Almost once per drive. Has to be at least 4 times.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Almost once per drive. Has to be at least 4 times.
    I looked it up. They've gone for it 6 times on 4th down. They've converted 5 of those.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I looked it up. They've gone for it 6 times on 4th down. They've converted 5 of those.
    Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 6m6 minutes ago
    From all appearances, McCarthy's answer to the punting situation is to stop punting... #Packers

Holy Fackrell nearly gets ponder and might have drawn a holding call.

Man Fackrell and McCray nearly killed Ponder in a sandwich but he scooted forward at the last second.

Ringo got a sack but Price and Fackrell got there first.

Evans INT!

I really like Hundley i know he has been named number 2 and after watching him play his limited chance last week he looks great could even be ARS
    future replacement and great back up now between Callahan and our other 3 QB and ourr 3 4string they both look good to i would keep one and after he goes through mikes back up QB training by next yr you could have great back up that might have yeas blowing up the phone just to get a chance at the boy maybe a shot to much coolaid but i dont think i am wrong what do you all think ?

Callahan won't make the team unless Hundley is hurt. Good candidate for the practice squad though. It doesn't always look pretty, but he's been much better than you'd expect out of DIII guy who nobody else had interest in.

What is with GB O-lineman and breaking hands. I saw a club on Spriggs hand. and Taylor had a club to start. Seems at least one o-lineman breaks or does something to their hand every training camp or preseason. Is this common for O-lineman or just Green Bay's luck....like hamstrings.

Nope. I am becoming convinced that McCarthy has lost the thread of his own offense. That drive looked like every other drive last year. A lot of un-open receivers.
    Is it MM or Rodgers?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ebut/89422312/

Rodgers’ first pass was his best, a 19-yard slant to Cook on third-and-3 that showcased the newcomer’s impressive and consistent ability to separate from even a cover linebacker like Ray-Ray Armstrong.

His next three dropbacks, however, showed Rodgers at his worst.

Instead of remaining patient behind the Packers’ prized offensive line, standing tall and delivering the ball off his front foot, Rodgers kept trying to make something happen by extending plays when there appeared to be little or no reason to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think I'm going to start a thread on this media thing.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Man Fackrell and McCray nearly killed Ponder in a sandwich but he scooted forward at the last second.
    I'd really like to see them do that against starters however...

Quote Originally Posted by wpony View Post
    I really like Hundley i know he has been named number 2 and after watching him play his limited chance last week he looks great could even be ARS
    future replacement and great back up now between Callahan and our other 3 QB and ourr 3 4string they both look good to i would keep one and after he goes through mikes back up QB training by next yr you could have great back up that might have yeas blowing up the phone just to get a chance at the boy maybe a shot to much coolaid but i dont think i am wrong what do you all think ?
    I think Hundley is better than a handful of starters in this league. Callahan is scrappy looks pretty good for a D- rookie. I hope we can stash him on our PS.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He did hold onto the ball too long a couple of times. Also a couple of times the line got beat in pass pro very early. Twice it was from the middle (might have been a stunt). So standing in wasn't really an option unless someone was just coming open. I also think he ran himself into trouble once.

But I also saw no one except Cook open early.

Is this about not being in sync? Maybe. Its also preseason.

So the thread I want to start about making a major change seems like a bad idea on almost all fronts. Except that long before Rodgers looked mortal, Nelson was hurt and Adams did not step up, McCarthy's no huddle offense has looked terrible since its first full introduction in 2014. I think teams have it figured out. So that leaves waiting for something deep to open up.

Nelson and maybe Cook are good enough to make that happen and solve the problem. But even if that and the running game make this an offense that can score, its no longer reliable in the short passing game. And its going to cost them versus a very good defense.

The flip side of this is that the second drive looked much better and got Cobb involved.

But it doesn't look dominating. Something is wrong, like water in a crankcase.

From Bob's game article that Joe and Fritz mention:

Davante Adams ran a nice sideline comeback route 12 yards downfield but Rodgers threw wide. He came back on third-and-2 with a 15-yard throw to a fast-breaking Cobb from the slot.
    That route did work and the throw looked bad. Off his back foot for no obvious reason.