Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Forty Whiners Game Day Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    44 with spin move an made chipping RB and Murphy miss. No reason for Murphy to get beaten inside with a chip block there,
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Dorleant hurt.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Lowry just got pushed back by a Double team.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 10m10 minutes ago
    John Crockett has a shoulder injury #GBvsSF

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 10m10 minutes ago
    John Crockett has a shoulder injury #GBvsSF
    Too bad. I thought he ran well tonight. Less jitterbug and hesitation, more decisive.

I've watched the safety play from the TV broadcast. I think Brice has had a better game than Evans and Whitehead. You can see the athletic ability of Brice and Evans, but Brice has tackled very well and just looks like he belongs. Hawkins has been up and down at CB.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Too bad. I thought he ran well tonight. Less jitterbug and hesitation, more decisive.

I've watched the safety play from the TV broadcast. I think Brice has had a better game than Evans and Whitehead. You can see the athletic ability of Brice and Evans, but Brice has tackled very well and just looks like he belongs. Hawkins has been up and down at CB.
    Big praise from McGinn on Brice. He said there is no way the Packers are cutting Brice. He said he was the best player on the field in the 49ers game and said he's played like a 1st or 2nd round pick. I've never seen him so effusive about a UDFA before.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Big praise from McGinn on Brice. He said there is no way the Packers are cutting Brice. He said he was the best player on the field in the 49ers game and said he's played like a 1st or 2nd round pick. I've never seen him so effusive about a UDFA before.
    It's an exciting preseason with Brice and Evans and Callahan. We say the roster is deep every year, but boy, it seems deep again.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Agreed. Makes me wonder if McGinn has the inside dope that the Pack will cut the kid, so he's setting up to do one of his "outrage" articles when that happens.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Brice and Evans might just make Janis expendable as far as coverage units go. Both seem to be strong tacklers and cover a lot of ground.

Hawkins has been decent as a corner but he's not shown up at all on ST. They've used him as a gunner at times and he's been completely dominated. He could be a keeper for the roster eventually but not this year. He'll need to make it to the PS and get himself ready to take another shot next year IMO. If somebody wants to take a shot on him and claim him then I'd wish him and them the best of luck with that. If they have any intent on him playing special teams that isn't likely to happen.

I think Burks brings more than Crockett too - other than a year's worth of experience which is worth something but not much at the 3rd RB in my opinion.

I too love Callahan, but also think it's worth the risk to cut him and bring him back on the PS. I'm not sure GM's take shots with undersized over-achieving undrafted rookies. It's usually the underachievers with all the measurables, physical tools and big upside potential GM's like to grab.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 26m26 minutes ago
    Carl Bradford, a bubble player, just took a snap as the dime linebacker. That's new for him. Coaching staff wants to see what he can offer.

Not sure how Callahan is still alive. And

GERONIMO!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Callahan really turns to the RB early on this swing passes. If he looked that off for another half second he helps his RB out.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Crockett is hurt.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Barrington behind the WR. Good think it was dropped.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I want to see the Packers defense hold the opposing offense to under 200 yards for the third straight game.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Good night all.

-Tim Harmston

How many times have the Packers gone for it on 4th down tonight?

How many times have the Packers gone for it on 4th down tonight?
    Almost once per drive. Has to be at least 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Almost once per drive. Has to be at least 4 times.
    I looked it up. They've gone for it 6 times on 4th down. They've converted 5 of those.

I looked it up. They've gone for it 6 times on 4th down. They've converted 5 of those.
    Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 6m6 minutes ago
    From all appearances, McCarthy's answer to the punting situation is to stop punting... #Packers