Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Forty Whiners Game Day Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think I'm going to start a thread on this media thing.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He did hold onto the ball too long a couple of times. Also a couple of times the line got beat in pass pro very early. Twice it was from the middle (might have been a stunt). So standing in wasn't really an option unless someone was just coming open. I also think he ran himself into trouble once.

But I also saw no one except Cook open early.

Is this about not being in sync? Maybe. Its also preseason.

So the thread I want to start about making a major change seems like a bad idea on almost all fronts. Except that long before Rodgers looked mortal, Nelson was hurt and Adams did not step up, McCarthy's no huddle offense has looked terrible since its first full introduction in 2014. I think teams have it figured out. So that leaves waiting for something deep to open up.

Nelson and maybe Cook are good enough to make that happen and solve the problem. But even if that and the running game make this an offense that can score, its no longer reliable in the short passing game. And its going to cost them versus a very good defense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That was a play to cash in on OLB crashing down the line and losing contain.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    That looked a lot better than it turned out.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Does A-Rod ever just drop back and throw in sync with his WR's anymore? Every pass seems like a scramble drill. Just like last year.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

not looking too good there boys

i don't know if this is the reason or not, but they were going at about 1/2 speed on tuesday, and a guy next to me was saying how they are half assing it even more then they have in the past because M3 is so terrified of injuries

What was with that throw to Adams? Double clutch and off back foot.

Even if he isn't lighter, Lacy looks like he is in better shape. Stronger and quicker.

Peppers lost contain again.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Peppers lost contain again.
    Peppers looked like shit yesterday. He is old,slow, and washed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Peppers looked like shit yesterday. He is old,slow, and washed up.
    Someone pointed out that he looked terrible in one preseason game last year as well. He is probably just saving his energy.

Without being asked to start (if that is still happening) I think he will be OK for one more year.

Someone pointed out that he looked terrible in one preseason game last year as well. He is probably just saving his energy.

Without being asked to start (if that is still happening) I think he will be OK for one more year.
    I'm sure he was just saving himself for the regular season. Then he will take multiple plays off per game, at which time I'm sure will be to save himself for the playoffs.

Jumbo Rat HOFer

I am not sure worse fault that was. While Peppers didn't set a hard edge, Dix went into the same gap that Martinez had. If Dix had outside contain be blew the run fit on that play.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Dix shot thru Martinez hole also didn't help.

-Tim Harmston

that was pathetic....even for a preseason game

I am much less worried about Defense than the Offense. There is no film of Kelly in San Fran. Seeing unfamiliar plays will make a D look bad.

Much less happy about the O.

Studs and Duds:

Duds - Hyde

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Lacy tackled by his dreads. Ouch!!

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Lacy tackled by his dreads. Ouch!!
    i don't know why any player would wear their hair long, just gives the other guys something else to grab

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Great play action.

-Tim Harmston