Thread: something you won't see in green bay

something you won't see in green bay

alex mack broke his leg in the first half against us two weeks ago

he took off one play, and will try and play today

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    alex mack broke his leg in the first half against us two weeks ago

he took off one play, and will try and play today
    You are joking, right? Did you see Lang play with a hip that is going to be operated on after the last re-injury? Perry played with a screw in his hand. I think Matthews is getting surgery. Randall had surgery mid-season and returned. Each of them continue to play in games they were hurt.

Same with Bach and Bulaga.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Also see Jordy Nelson's fractured ribs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jordy played 2 weeks after fractured ribs. Adams and Allison played last week with injuries that would normally keep guys out. Whatever the reason(s) for all the injuries, Packer players certainly do play through injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Jordy played 2 weeks after fractured ribs. Adams and Allison played last week with injuries that would normally keep guys out. Whatever the reason(s) for all the injuries, Packer players certainly do play through injuries.
    Several times M3 said he was proud of his players stepping up to play through injuries, something he does not normally play up. Randall got some fulsome praise for this when he was banged up.

I think all doubt (dumb to begin with) about whether players will play for McCarthy or Rodgers, through injury and all, was removed by this season's playoff drive.

#leadership

Playing injured is not the norm in GB. Sure there were some guys that gutted it out this year. Jordy definitely goes against the mold of the average GB player as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Playing injured is not the norm in GB. Sure there were some guys that gutted it out this year. Jordy definitely goes against the mold of the average GB player as of late.
    Like Ankle Adams in 2015?

Thumb Matthews in 2013?

smh

i think i'm probably thinking about years past

pb's lists proves i'm wrong about thins year

I would bet a LOT of money he wouldn't be playing in week 8 against detroit with same injury.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Some of you guys just like to whine.

More so than playing hurt. What you don't see in GB is guys not getting hurt all the time. This is either a fault of TT drafting soft players, or something the training staff does wrong. Maybe it's a mental toughness mindset lacking throughout the org, with the exception of a few players.

Jordy should have willed his ribs healed. Randall should play through the torn groin. Pussies

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Of course it's not up to the players when they are questionable on the injury report. It's up to the training staff and the coaches whether they play or not. I'm sure it's a balancing act weighing having the player to help contribute now and risking further injury vs. allowing the player to rest/heal and having them for the longer run. I would guess most players lobby to get back as quickly as they can, but they don't always know what is best for themselves.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan