Thread: Queens new stadium

Queens new stadium

so, this bitch is suppose to be loud, like the loudest stadium in the nfl. so loud the the team will hand out ear plugs to fans entering the stadium

we better have our shit together by week 2 or else that could turn into a complete clusterfuck on the field

oh, and i despise domes, and i thought it looks like crap from the outside. but the inside really looks cool, and its got a nice unique look to it, and i love the huge glass wall on the one end to let in as much real light as possible

as long as the queens can field a good enough team, that place is gonna be a fortress. we've got our hands full for at least one game a year for the next 3 decades i think

i just wish they could find a way to grow real grass inside the places without taking up a whole parking lot like they do in arizona. i hate field and astro turf with a passion

great stadium ras, welcome to the modern age

it can only be as loud as their fans make it. if we shut them up their ear plugs won't be needed.

Wonder what kind of sound they wired into the place this time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

so, this bitch is suppose to be loud, like the loudest stadium in the nfl.
    a myth,just like Seattle sound/volume was a myth

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Not a myth. The Sandcrawler is loud as hell and reverberates sound like crazy.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

What are they gonna call it, The Greenhouse?

Metallica just played there and the acoustics of the building were said to be terrible. I imagine it's a big echo chamber, and domes are loud anyway.

Why have the Vikings been dubbed the Queens ? Yes they are division rivals, but what is it about Minnesota that triggers such viscous remarks ? I've seen this in other forums as well . Do they cross the border and steal your women ? LOL

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Been in the stadium, there's no character or personality. It's a pain in the ass to move around in the concourses as they are too narrow. The sight lines are very good though to watch a game. The big glass window is cool to see the downtown.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Why have the Vikings been dubbed the Queens ? Yes they are division rivals, but what is it about Minnesota that triggers such viscous remarks ? I've seen this in other forums as well . Do they cross the border and steal your women ? LOL
    No, but they can be an insufferable lot. For example: when we moved down here my husband met a lady from Minneapolis while waiting in line to donate blood. Hubby was friendly and asked her where she was from. When he told her he was from Green Bay she got all nasty telling him to go back to the farm and said Favre is gonna kick our ass in both games back in 2009. If you go to profootballtalk.nbcsports.com the comments those people post on anything remotely Packer related is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    No, but they can be an insufferable lot. For example: when we moved down here my husband met a lady from Minneapolis while waiting in line to donate blood. Hubby was friendly and asked her where she was from. When he told her he was from Green Bay she got all nasty telling him to go back to the farm and said Favre is gonna kick our ass in both games back in 2009. If you go to profootballtalk.nbcsports.com the comments those people post on anything remotely Packer related is ridiculous.

They're just people. Look at Ras. He's cool.

But they're not our tribe, so we extrapolate bad experiences into generalizations about them. The "other" as we said in grad school.

Having said that, Lions' fans really suck. They're mean, petty people who strut and brag at the slightest hint of success.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack