View Poll Results: If you could be 21 again and have the talent, would you play pro football?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

5 71.43%
  • nope

2 28.57%

Thread: fantasy football

fantasy football

I don't think all the injuries would be worth the money. The constant trips to surgery would take away from the fun too. Most ex-NFL guys are hobbled. I'd play hockey, but that's the most I'd do. Most sports would be great.

probably, but i would also like to call it quits by the time i'm 30

even a shit player makes around a half mil a year. play out your rookie contract and you got a pretty good head start on life

and i'm walking proof that you can have a fucked up brain and body from injuries without ever playing a down

I was talking about putting your current brain into a body of a 21 year old. I think people over 40 have lost way too much aggression to ever play a violent sport like football, even in a young body.

QB or kicker would be cool, those positions are reasonably well protected nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I was talking about putting your current brain into a body of a 21 year old. I think people over 40 have lost way too much aggression to ever play a violent sport like football, even in a young body.

QB or kicker would be cool, those positions are reasonably well protected nowadays.
    People over 40 have lost the nerve to make movies like they used to. Spielberg and Lucas have talked about filming decisions they regret because of how they now view the images they created when younger. Viewed as a parent and grandparent gives them a different perspective.

I don't agree its a superior view, but its definitely different.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If I were 21 (again) and I had the talent I would be an awesome pro football STAR . I would have made a great Full Back . At 6 ft tall , I've always had a barrel chest and very strong legs (large calfs) . I was always getting complaints from the neighborhood lads that I hit too hard when we played football. I always felt I could have been great had I chosen or been directed at the right time in the direction of sports. Sports was always more something watched than played .

I never did not play School sponsored sports though . I fell in with a group in HS that preferred to drink and smoke ( and not just cigarettes ) . I did reform and attend college, but only recently have stopped smoking cigarettes . What damage I've incurred over 4+ decades is still to be determined . I do feel better, but still love the smell of cigarette smoke .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Getting your brains and body smashed up by 300 pound monsters in pro football is still better than grad school.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I said no because I'm the wrong gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I said no because I'm the wrong gender.
    i think you can get that problem fixed these days

Heck yes I would. Probably have been a WR or safety at 6'-1" 180.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Not at 21. Wasn't interested after high school.

Fourteen year old me was very interested.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Not at 21. Wasn't interested after high school.

Fourteen year old me was very interested.
    I would have loved to play defensive line when I was 19. By my early 20s, nah , I'd have other dreams.

There's a reason that the military wants 18-year-olds to do that dangerous work.

Very few 40 year olds still have the reckless spirit to thrive in pro football, IMO. Some exceptions: Brett Farve, Madtown, Charlie Sheen.